Rwanda Visa for South Sudanese Citizens 2023
Rwanda joined the digital visa system in 2018. It is called the e-visa system. South Sudan and more than 200 other nationalities can now apply for a Rwanda visa online.
To check your admissibility for a Rwanda e-Visa, you may simply use the Visa Checker. Rwanda immigration services provide this for your convenience. If you are eligible, it will lead you to a page where you can apply. It is as simple as that.
To learn more about Rwanda's e-visa requirements for South Sudanese citizens, please read this article below.
Rwanda e-visa for South Sudanese citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for South Sudanese citizens:
South Sudan is one of the countries that require a visa to enter and travel within Rwanda. Visitors should be aware that staying in Rwanda after their visas have expired can result in arrest, deportation, and/or a fine. As a result, travelers must ensure that all required documents are valid for the duration of their stay.
The Rwanda Electronic Visa (eVisa) is a digital travel permit that is available to South Sudanese passport holders as well as visitors from other countries.
Because it can be obtained online, it is widely regarded as the most convenient entry permit for Rwanda.
South Sudanese citizens planning a trip to Rwanda fill out a brief online form and then receive their e-Visa via email.
The following are important facts about the Rwanda e-Visa for South Sudanese citizens:
- Single-entry e-Visa
- Valid for 03 months from the arrival date
- Allows stays of up to 30 days
- Can be used for tourism, leisure, or visiting family in Rwanda
The online application streamlines the visa process for South Sudanese travelers. It eliminates the need to physically visit a local embassy or consulate to submit the paperwork required to obtain a Rwanda tourist visa.
The Rwandan Government implemented this online visa in 2018 to encourage tourists and leisure travelers from around the world to visit Rwanda.
Those wishing to visit Rwanda for reasons other than tourism or leisure must contact the Rwandan embassy in South Sudan.
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: If you'd like to spend more time exploring Rwanda, the Tourist e-Visa is a great option. South Sudanese travelers can use this e-visa to unwind, visit loved ones, or simply explore Rwanda's beauty and culture. If you get a Tourist e-Visa, you'll have plenty of time to relax during your trip. This visa allows South Sudanese nationals to stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days and a Single Entry into the country.
- Rwanda Conference e-visa: South Sudanese citizens are eligible to apply for the Rwanda Conference E-Visa. Attending or speaking at a conference, meeting, or seminar in Rwanda requires this travel document. This visa will allow you to enter Rwanda once and remain there for a period of 30 days from the entry date.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: For transiting Rwanda for a period of up to 72 hours.
- East Africa e-visa: An East Africa Tourist Visa is valid for Multiple Entries within the three countries (Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda), with Rwanda being the first stop on the trip. This type of visa is valid for 90 days from the arrival date.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for South Sudanese citizens:
Rwanda e-visa requirements for South Sudanese citizens
It is not difficult to obtain a Rwanda e-visa, but you must ensure that you meet the requirements. Nonetheless, as you will see, you do not require anything out of the ordinary or difficult to obtain. Only the following are permitted:
- The passport must be valid for at least 6 months after arrival and contain at least 02 blank pages for verification.
- A photograph of the applicant should be as recent as possible and taken against a white background.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page.
- Email address - Your Rwanda visa will be emailed to you in PDF format.
- Paying the Rwanda eVisa processing fee with a Credit/debit card, Visa card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to the Bank of Cyprus.
Once these visa requirements are met by the South Sudanese travelers, they are able to apply.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from South Sudan:
The Rwanda e-visa for South Sudanese citizens is quick and simple to obtain, requiring only the submission of an online application. The majority of South Sudanese petitioners submit their Rwanda visa applications from South Sudan or anywhere within minutes.
The following are the steps to successfully submitting a Rwanda visa application from South Sudan:
- Fill in your personal and travel information on the application form.
- Indicate how soon you require this document and proceed with payment.
- Following submission, your application will be reviewed by our specialized team, who will contact you if any issues arise.
- You will receive your document via email.
Once you receive your Rwanda eVisa, you should download and print it out. You need to present it to the Immigration Officer at the airport upon arrival.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
The Rwanda eVisa application form for South Sudanese nationals is a basic questionnaire. South Sudanese citizens will be required to share some personal and passport information, as well as their travel plans.
The following personal details will be required as basic information:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Country of residence
- Passport number
- Date of arrival and departure in Rwanda
The Rwanda e-Visa typically takes 03 business days to process, although in some cases it may take longer due to public holidays or high tourist season. It is therefore recommended that South Sudanese travelers apply for their Rwanda e-Visa well in advance of their trip.
An approved Rwanda e-Visa will be sent to the email address provided by applicants when they applied for the e-Visa.
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for South Sudanese citizens:
The Rwanda e-visa fee is one of the main concerns for South Sudanese citizens who apply for an eVisa for Rwanda. Rwanda Immigration Services provides 03 processing time options, with the price depending on how quickly you need your e-Visa. These are the three price options for the Rwanda eVisa:
- Normal: You can receive your document in 03 Business Days
- Urgent: You will obtain your e-Visa in 02 Business Days
- Super urgent: You can receive your document in 01 Business Day
To apply for a Rwanda visa online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa Fee, which are called the Service Fee and Government Fee.
Besides, we also provide other service packages such as Rwanda travel insurance, Rwanda travel sim, and car pick-up service in Rwanda.