Rwanda visa requirements for Tanzanian citizens
It has never been easier to travel from Tanzania to Rwanda than it is now. Rwanda is a beautiful country where you can make unforgettable memories, but one of the things you must do before leaving is obtaining a visa.
You will be unable to enter Rwanda as a Tanzanian citizen without a visa. Fortunately for you, there is an easier way to obtain it than visiting a Rwanda Embassy. All you have to do is use the services of Rwanda Immigration Services, a company that handles the entire process online.
Keep in mind that Rwanda Immigration Services will assist you through the entire process of applying for an eVisa for Rwanda. Continue reading this article to learn more about Rwanda visa requirements for Tanzanian citizens.
Rwanda visa for Tanzanian citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Tanzanian citizens:
Tanzanian citizens visiting Rwanda must adhere to Rwanda's entry requirements. In some cases, this may include a Tanzanian visa for Rwanda. Tanzanian visitors cannot enter Rwanda unless they have the proper travel documents. Tanzanian citizens can apply for an e-visa to Rwanda.
The online application process is faster and easier than visiting an embassy or consulate to apply for a traditional visa.
Rwanda e-Visa for Tanzanian citizens is an electronic visa that has been available to visitors from many countries in the world since 2018. The e-Visa system has greatly simplified the visa application process and allows Tanzanian citizens to obtain this necessary document from the comfort of their own home.
There are 4 Rwanda e-visas. Everyone can now travel to Rwanda for tourism or business with an electronic visa.
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: You can't work or study on this visa, but you can relax, visit people you know, and do all the sightseeing you want during your 30-day stay. With a Tourist E-Visa, citizens of Tanzania have one entry into Rwanda, and 30 days to stay in Rwanda.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: This is an electronic visa that allows you to enter Rwanda to attend a conference, meeting, or seminar. You can apply for this visa regardless of whether you are a speaker or an attendee at the conference. Rwanda Conference E-Visas are valid for 90 days, permitting a 30-day stay in the country and a single entry.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: If you have a long layover in Rwanda or don't have much time to relax, the Transit E-Visa is a great option. With this e-Visa, you'll have up to 03 days to explore the sights before catching your next flight. Get a Transit E-Visa right here if Rwanda isn't your primary destination!
- East Africa e-visa: The East Africa e-Visa provides you with an unrivaled travel experience not only in Rwanda but also in Uganda and Kenya. You can enter Uganda and Kenya as many times as you want during your 90-day trip to Rwanda with this E-Visa. Apply now for an East Africa E-Visa.
Tanzanians must obtain a visa through an embassy or consulate in order to stay longer, work, or live in Rwanda.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Tanzanian citizens:
Rwanda visa requirements for Tanzanian citizens
The Rwandan government usually requests these documents because they want to know if the visitor has the necessary means to enforce his or her travel. This will be determined by each applicant's situation, not their nationality. The following are the Rwanda e-visa requirements for Tanzanian citizens that you must send to us:
- Passport - Tanzanian citizens who wish to apply online must possess a valid passport. However, you must ensure that the document is valid for at least 6 months after your arrival date in Rwanda.
- The passport has at least 2 blank pages for verification.
- Digital photo - the photo should be as recent as possible and follow all other passport photo guidelines.
- E-mail address - We will send you the visa in PDF format via email. Remember to print a few copies so you have a spare or two.
- A passport scan: Because your passport is required for travel, you cannot forget it when visiting Rwanda. You will also need to scan the information page while applying.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Tanzania:
You can apply online for the Rwanda e-visa for Tanzanian citizens, just following these user-friendly steps:
- Step 1: Complete our online forms with visa details (number of visas, types of visa, port of arrival, processing time) and your information.
- Step 2: Make sure all the information is correct before choosing a payment method.
- Step 3: Finally, click the “Submit” button and wait for the eVisa for Rwanda.
Once you receive your eVisa, you should download and print it out.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
Tanzanian citizens can apply for Rwanda e-visas through the electronic application process. As part of the application process, applicants must answer questions and provide personal and passport information, such as the following:
- Full name
- Place and date of birth
- Passport number
- Travel plans while in Rwanda (date of arrival/ departure)
After completing their application, travelers should double-check the form to ensure the information is correct and matches the information on their passports. Any errors, missing fields, or incorrect information may result in a delay or denial of the traveler's Rwanda e-visa.
Before submitting the Rwanda application from Tanzania, candidates must pay the visa to Rwanda processing fee online. This can be done with any major international debit or credit card.
Once approved, the Rwanda e-visa is emailed to the Tanzanian applicant within 1-3 business days at the email address provided in the application form.
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for Tanzanian citizens:
One of the many concerns about e-Visas is the Rwanda e-visa fees, which is why Rwanda Immigration Services provides three options that vary depending on the processing time. In other words, the faster you need your e-Visa, the higher the fee:
If you decide to apply for your Rwanda e-visa through Rwanda Immigration Services, you must choose one of the options below:
- Normal – with this option you receive your Rwanda e-visa in 72 hours
- Urgent: Your Rwanda e-visa will be ready in 48 hours, but the total cost is higher.
- Super urgent: This option requires you to wait 24 hours for your application to be ready. As you might expect, this is the most expensive option.
If you want a better solution, please click here and begin chatting with one of our customer service representatives who will be happy to assist you. If you want to stay up to date on the Rwanda e-visa, you can also Click Here.
Begin your application here and enjoy this lovely African country known for being home to thousands of wild animals.
Besides, Rwanda immigration services also provide service packages to help customers have a great trip and ensure safety such as Rwanda travel insurance, Rwanda eSim cards, Car Pick-up service in Rwanda