Check Rwanda visa requirements for Zambian citizens
If Zambians want to visit Rwanda, they can now use Rwanda's electronic visa. It means you won't need to go to the embassy to obtain a consular visa. All you have to do is use rwandaimmigration.org's services. However, you must first determine your eligibility.
This page provides information about the Rwanda visa requirements for Zambian citizens, the application process, and how to obtain a visa for Rwanda for Zambian citizens.
Rwanda e-visa for Zambian citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Zambian citizens:
Zambian visitors must obtain a visa to enter Rwanda. Zambian nationals can currently get the Rwanda eVisa for short-term stays.
Rwanda e-Visa is an electronic visa that was launched on January 1, 2018, to allow all eligible travelers to enter Rwanda for tourism, leisure, and visiting family. It is also possible to obtain a Rwanda e-Visa for transit purposes.
The Rwanda e-visa is a digital travel document issued by the Rwandan government in order to improve border security and reduce illegal immigration. The application process will ask travelers to include information about their current professional and personal situation so that the data can be verified and used as a pre-screening process before they arrive.
The Rwanda e-visa for Zambian citizens is a single entry visa with a 03-month validity period that allows you to stay in the country for up to 30 days depending on the type.
If you wish to visit Rwanda for another reason, such as medical treatment or business, you must contact the Rwandan embassy in Zambia for more information.
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: The Tourist E-Visa allows you to spend more time in Rwanda. Travelers from Zambia can use this E-Visa for sightseeing, visiting friends and family, or relaxing. You'll have plenty of time to explore all that Rwanda has to offer once you enter the country. The Tourist E-Visa is valid for 03 months from the date of arrival and allows for only one entry into Rwanda. Once you enter, you’ll have 30 days to spend in the country. To get your Tourist E-Visa, just apply online. The process is fast and simple!
- Rwanda transit e-visa: Not interested in spending much time in Rwanda? Zambians can spend up to 03 days in Rwanda with the Transit E-Visa. If you're just passing through Rwanda on your way to another country, this E-Visa is ideal for you.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: allows a Single Entry for a maximum stay of 30 days from the date of entry. Those wishing to attend a conference, meeting, workshop, or seminar in Rwanda should apply for an e-visa.
- East Africa e-visa: Definitely the best option for exploring Rwanda and its neighbors (Kenya, Uganda). In addition to Rwanda, the East Africa E-Visa allows you to enter and exit Rwanda and Kenya without restrictions during your 90-day stay.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Zambian citizens:
Applying for a Rwanda e-visa for Zambian citizens is less difficult than you might think. Although you will require a few papers to get started, the list is short. Here is what you must provide:
- The passport must be valid for at least 180 days beyond the intended date of arrival and have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- A Digital photo – The photo should be as recent as possible. Lastly, make sure the background is white and avoid making any gestures on your face.
- A passport scan of the information page
- Your email address, which must be current and valid in order for the e-visa results to be delivered on time, is required.
- Payment method — You can pay for your E-Visa by using a debit or credit card, PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or wire transfer to the Bank of Cyprus. Before checking out, prepare your preferred method of payment.
Rwanda e-visa requirements for Zambian citizens
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Zambia:
When you believe you are ready, you can proceed to fill out the Rwanda visa application form. This should not be a difficult task for you, but keep in mind that rwandaimmigration.org is available to assist you at any time. Please contact us! Our customer support team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The application form is divided into 03 sections.
- Step one is to complete the initial questionnaire and select the processing option for your document.
- Step two, double-check all the data provided in step 1 (no typos or mistakes) and pay your visa fees.
- Step three is to "submit" the visa application and wait for your document to be delivered. Once you receive your eVisa, you should print it out before traveling to Rwanda because the Immigration Officer at a border checkpoint may ask you to provide it along with your valid passport upon your arrival.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
To obtain a Rwanda visa from Zambia, travelers must complete an application form.
The following details are required:
- Full name
- Date and place of birth
- Passport number
- Date of arrival and departure in Rwanda
Tourists and other types of e-Visas to Rwanda are processed quickly; the average processing time is only 24 hours! However, because the process can take up to 72 hours, applications should be submitted at least 07 business days before your trip.
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for Zambian citizens:
We've discovered that one of the primary reasons our customers apply for their e-visa to Rwanda through Rwanda Immigration Service is that we provide 03 different processing options, including one for urgent cases:
- Standard processing - although the longest processing time, it is still ideal for those with some time to prepare for their trip. We will process your application within 72 hours.
- Rush processing –You can select this option if you want your application to be processed as soon as possible. Within 48 hours, your visa will be delivered to your e-mail inbox.
- Super urgent – This is the quickest option available. In just 24 hours, your visa will be ready for use. Ideal for last-minute or emergency situations.
To apply for a Rwanda visa online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Rwanda Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee.
In addition, Rwandaimmigration.org recommends that you should buy Rwanda travel insurance.
5. Why should I apply with Rwanda Immigration Services?
Using Rwanda Immigration Services has numerous advantages. Expert assistance may be required, and the process may be time-consuming. Rwandaimmigration.org, on the other hand, is a great alternative because you only need to fill out our application form, which should take no more than five minutes to complete. The rest will be handled by our experts, and you will receive your document via email.