Check Rwanda visa requirements for Mauritian citizens
Mauritian citizens planning a trip to Rwanda can obtain a Rwanda e-Visa quickly and easily thanks to a simple online application system.
The Rwanda Electronic Visa (e-Visa) is widely regarded as the quickest and most convenient way for Mauritian passport holders to obtain permission to visit the land of the pyramids.
Simply fill out a short online form, and you will receive your Electronic Rwanda Tourist Visa for Mauritians via email shortly after.
To obtain the Rwanda e-Visa for Mauritian citizens, a few basic requirements must be met. Keep reading this article to find out more about Rwanda visa requirements for Mauritians.
Rwanda e-visa for Mauritian citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Mauritian citizens:
The Rwandan e-Visa is a tourist visa that can be obtained online and allows Mauritian passport holders to enter Rwanda. Rwanda implemented a new system to help pre-screen incoming visitors and speed up the entire application process, making visiting this country much easier. Rwanda e-visas are available entirely online for eligible travelers who complete a simple three-step application process from home.
Because it is possible to obtain a Rwanda visa online from Mauritius, the e-Visa is far more convenient than other types of Rwandan visas. You can obtain the e-Visa from the comfort of your own home, eliminating the need to travel to a Rwandan embassy.
The Rwanda e-visa for Mauritian citizens allows travelers to stay in Rwanda for a maximum of 30 days from the arrival date. It is valid for 90 days after the entry date in Rwanda.
When applying for their Rwandan e-Visa online, Mauritian visitors can select between single-entry visas or East Africa visa.
Mauritians traveling to Rwanda for other reasons, such as work, study, or business, should inquire at a Rwanda embassy in Mauritius about the appropriate visa type. Keep in mind that embassy visa applications typically take weeks to be approved, as opposed to a few days for an e-Visa.
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
- A single-entry tourist visa is granted to any travelers visiting Tanzania for vacation or for short-term medical treatment for up to 1 month.
- A Rwanda transit visa is for visitors who are stopping in the country for a short period of time, usually on their way to another destination, and allows stays of up to 3 days.
- A Rwanda conference visa is intended for business travelers who are conducting meetings and investing in the country, as well as professionals who are on temporary secondment to international projects or visiting academics. This visa allows travelers to stay in Rwanda for a maximum of 30 days from the arrival date with a single entry into the country.
- East Africa e-visa: is designated for traveling to Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda with just one visa, with Rwanda being the first destination on this journey. This e-visa is valid for 3 months, allowing Mauritian nationals to enter these countries multiple times and stay there for up to 90 days from their arrival date.
2.Rwanda e-visa requirements for Mauritian citizens:
Rwanda e-visa requirements for Mauritian citizens
There are several steps to the visa application process. You'll need to prepare some documents, but nothing too difficult. The following paperwork is required:
- Passport - obtaining a passport is simple, and you most likely already have one. However, it is required that your passport be valid for at least six months after your arrival date in Rwanda. If your passport's validity period has expired, you must obtain a new one. Your visa application will be denied otherwise.
- The passport has at least two blank pages
- Scanned image of the passport information page
- Photo: Make sure the photo is recent and taken against a white background.
- E-mail address - You must provide us with a personal valid email address with correct spelling because once your visa is approved, Rwanda Immigration Services will send you a copy of the document in PDF format via email, which you must print. At the immigration office, a hard copy will be required. Remember that once your visa is approved, it will be electronically linked to your passport; this is why it is critical to send you a document version that you can print.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Mauritius
The application is very simple to complete. You will be required to provide some basic information about yourself. You must complete the following three steps:
- The first involves entering your basic information such as name, address, passport information, date of arrival in Rwanda, and so on. You must also specify the processing time.
- All you have to do in the second phase is review what you've filled out so far and make the payment for the visa fee. You can use a credit/debit card, visa, American Express, Mastercard, or your PayPal account to do so.
- The final step requires you to send us some necessary documents and submit your form. You should wait for the approval letter to arrive via email within the timeframe you specify.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
Mauritians should check all the information carefully before submitting the request. Errors, including spelling mistakes, could result in processing issues.
The standard processing time for the Rwanda e-visa is up to 3 business days, but could take as little as 10 minutes to complete the application process.
If the Rwanda e-visa application is denied, applicants will be able to reapply for a Rwanda e-visa. It is critical to ensure that all of the information provided on the form corresponds to the details of the individual's travel document, as even minor errors can result in the application being rejected.
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for Mauritian citizens:
The cost of your Rwanda e-visa for Mauritian citizens will vary depending on how quickly you need it. In this case, you have the option of using one of the following processes:
- Normal: In most cases, your visa application will be processed within 03 business days.
- Urgent - If you need your visa quickly, select this option; you will receive it within 02 business days.
- Super urgent: If you need an e-visa and need it right away, this is the option for you. The e-visa will be ready for you in just one business day. It is, as expected, somewhat pricey, but it is unquestionably worthwhile.
For more information on how to apply for a visa, please contact our customer service team via email or visit the Rwanda Immigration Services website.
In addition, we recommend that you should buy Rwanda travel insurance so that your benefits are covered in case some unexpected occurrences happen during the trip.