Check Rwanda visa requirements for Finnish citizens
If you are not from East Africa, you should know that Rwanda is one of the most impressive countries in the region. Rwanda has a lot to offer the adventurous traveler, including verdant green hills, some of the best coffee and tea in the region, spectacular scenery, and fascinating wildlife. Scenery lovers will be rewarded with breathtaking vistas, incredible wildlife, as well as lush vegetation at every turn.
Rwanda is a small country with only one activity that everyone knows about: gorilla trekking. Two decades after the genocide, Rwanda has become Africa's comeback kid, with efforts to clean the streets, embrace peace, and encourage prosperity uplifting the land back to the proper place of natural beauty.
Finnish citizens traveling to Rwanda are eligible to apply for the Rwanda e-visa. This online tourist visa is available to nationals of over 200 countries, including Finland.
The Rwandan government implemented it to streamline the immigration process and reduce wait times at Rwanda's border crossings.
Applying for a Rwanda e-visa for Finnish citizens is quick and simple, and it removes the need to visit a Rwanda embassy or consulate in person or wait in long lines at the border to apply for a regular visa.
Rwanda visa for Finnish citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Finnish citizens:
The Rwanda e-Visa, which is an electronic travel authorization for tourists looking to visit the transcontinental country without hassle, is available to Finnish citizens.
Citizens from more than 200 countries are eligible for one, and Finnish citizens are among them.
Finnish citizens can apply for a Rwanda e-Visa from the comfort of their own homes by using any electronic device, such as a smartphone, computer, or tablet, to access the online system. All they need to start the application process is an internet connection and some personal information.
The Rwanda electronic visa for Finnish citizens (simply shortened to the "Rwanda e-visa") was first implemented in 2018 as a way to modernize the country's visa policy and reduce passport control lines.
Finnish citizens with a Rwanda e-Visa will be able to stay in the country for a maximum of 30 days in total, and they have a single entry.
The e- visa for Rwanda can be used for visits for tourism, leisure, and visiting family in the country. It is also possible to obtain a Rwanda e-Visa for transit purposes.
To stay for more than one month or for non-tourism purposes, Finnish citizens must obtain a Rwanda Embassy visa. Only holders of diplomatic and official passports are exempt from visa requirements.
Types of Rwanda e-visas:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: can only be used for leisure and recreation in Rwanda. A tourist visa does not allow you to work or look for work. All Finnish travelers require a visa for Rwanda, which should be obtained well in advance of the intended travel date. This visa is available as a single-entry visa for a stay of up to 30 days.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: If you only need a few days in Rwanda before continuing on to your next destination, or if you have a long layover in Rwanda, the Transit E-Visa suits your goals. Finnish citizens can stay in Rwanda for up to three days with this E-Visa. If you have a connecting flight in Rwanda and expect a long layover, using a Transit E-Visa to explore the country is a great way to pass the time. You can obtain your Transit E-Visa right here.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: this is a Rwandan government initiative that allows any citizen of an eligible country with a passport to apply online for a conference e-Visa before visiting Rwanda. Anybody really planning on attending or speaking at a conference, meeting, workshop, or seminar in Rwanda should apply for an e-visa for a conference. The Rwanda Conference e-Visa allows for a Single Entry with a maximum stay of 30 days.
- East Africa e-visa: is valid for Multiple Entries within the three countries (Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya), and is valid for 90 days.
2. Rwanda e visa requirements for Finnish citizens:
To obtain the Rwanda e-visa for Finnish citizens, you must possess the following documents:
- A Finnish passport valid at least six months from the date of arrival in Rwanda
- Inside the passport, at least two blank pages are available for receiving exit/entry stamps at the Rwanda border.
- A digital photograph
- A scan of the biographical page of the passport
- Travel plans for Rwanda, including the type of accommodation and travel dates
- E-mail address - Your visa will be sent to you via e-mail, so include a valid e-mail address to which you have access.
- Payment Method: a Credit/debit card, Visa card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to the Bank of Cyprus.
Finnish citizens should also double-check Rwanda's e-Visa photo requirements to ensure the image is the proper size and quality. The image is submitted digitally.
Rwanda visa requirements for Finnish citizens
3. How to get a Rwanda visa online for Finnish citizens:
The Rwanda e-Visa application for Finnish citizens is 100% online. Finnish citizens fill out the application form on their smartphone, laptop, or other device and receive the visa by email.
Basic personal, passport, and travel information is required:
- Full name, gender, date, and country of birth
- Passport number, date of issue, and nationality
- Intended date of arrival and depart in Rwanda
Eligible travelers can get a Rwanda e-visa for Finnish citizens in 3 steps:
Step 1: Fill out the Rwanda e-visa form online
Step 2: Pay the Rwanda visa fees for Finnish applicants
Step 3: Submit the e-Visa application for approval
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda online visa
Rwanda e-visa requests are processed quickly. Most Finnish travelers receive the approved visa within 24 to 72 hours. There is also a priority service for guaranteed 24-hour processing.
Applicants receive the visa by email. They should print a copy and carry it when traveling from Finland to Rwanda
4. Rwanda e visa fees for Finnish citizens:
Rwanda e visa fees for Finnish citizens
The online e-Visa system is the simplest and quickest way for Finnish citizens to obtain a tourist visa for Rwanda.
Application fees apply, as they do for the vast majority of visas around the world. The Rwandan e-Visa is designed to make traveling easier while also increasing international tourism. However, the man-hours required to screen online applications are not free.
These funds are used to cover administrative costs; the government does not profit from e-Visa applications.
Many Finnish tourists choose to submit their e-Visa applications through Rwanda Immigration Services. We provide personalized assistance as well as a thorough review of their paperwork. This ensures that the application is error-free.
To get a Rwanda e-visa for Finnish citizens, you must pay two (2) types of Rwanda Visa fees: a Service Fee and a Government Fee.
We have three types of visa processing times. All have a specific price, so it is accessible to all customers. Here we explain the benefit of each one:
- Normal: This is the cheapest option of the three, which is why many applicants prefer it, and will take up to 3 days.
- Urgent: At a fair price, this choice will get your Visa approved in 2 days.
- Super urgent: This procedure, at a slightly higher cost, will get you a Rwanda e-visa for Finnish citizens in just 24 hours. This is the best option for last-minute travel.