Rwanda visa requirements for Vietnamese citizens
If you plan to spend your vacation in Rwanda, you will need to obtain a Rwanda visa before entering the country. Fortunately, Rwanda Immigration Services is here to provide you with all of the necessary information. Try our simple, quick, and dependable service.
We all know that countries' entry requirements are constantly changing due to the global situation. As a result, we've provided you with the most up-to-date information on the Rwanda visa for Vietnamese citizens.
Rwanda e-visa for Vietnamese citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Vietnamese citizens:
Even for short stays, Vietnamese passport holders need a visa to enter Rwanda.
A visa for Rwanda can be obtained from Vietnam in 02 common ways: online (recommended)l, or at an embassy.
The e-Visa system is the fastest and most convenient way for Vietnamese citizens to obtain visas. Vietnamese passport holders applying for Rwanda e-Visas do not have to attend an interview at the Embassy or wait in line for a visa at the airport.
The application is entirely online. Rwanda e-Visas are emailed to Vietnamese citizens after they fill out the form on their smartphone or computer.
Since 2018, Rwanda e-Visa has been an electronic visa available to travelers from eligible countries over the world. The e-Visa system has greatly simplified the visa application process and allows you to obtain this necessary document from the comfort of your own home.
A Rwanda visa for Vietnamese citizens is available for tourism, leisure, and visiting family in the country. Transit visas are also available for Rwanda.
Vietnamese citizens visiting Rwanda for reasons other than tourism or family visits should contact the Rwandan embassy in Vietnam
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
Every Rwanda entry permit can be used for both business and tourism purposes, such as vacationing, visiting family and friends, conducting business affairs and meetings, or simply exploring Rwanda as a tourist.
Each applicant may select from the following options:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: For Vietnamese visitors who wish to stay in Rwanda for an extended period of time, the Tourist e-Visa is an excellent option. With the Tourist e-Visa, you can relax, visit friends and family in Rwanda, or enjoy the food and culture of this amazing country. When you arrive in Rwanda, you'll have plenty of time to explore. The Tourist e-Visa can be used to stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days from the arrival date and is valid for only one entry into Rwanda.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: For longer layovers or if you don't have much time to spend sightseeing, the Transit e-Visa is a great option. You can stay in Rwanda for up to 03 days with the Transit e-Visa before continuing your journey. What better way to kill time while waiting for a flight than to explore Rwanda's stunning sights?
- Rwanda conference e-visa: You can obtain the Rwanda Conference E-Visa as a Vietnamese citizen. This electronic visa enables you to visit Rwanda to attend or speak at a conference, meeting, or seminar. This eVisa has a validity period of 03 months, allowing a single entry into the country with a 30-day stay. You will not be able to use it after this time period has expired.
- East Africa e-visa: Do you want to make the most of your East African trip? The East African e-Visa is the most suitable option. This is the ideal e-Visa for Vietnamese visitors who want to see most of East Africa. Travelers from Vietnam can use the East African e-Visa to visit Uganda, and Kenya, in addition to Rwanda. You will be able to enter 03 countries without restrictions for a period of 90 days with this e-Visa. Obtain your East African e-Visa right away.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Vietnamese citizens:
Rwanda Immigration Services will make certain that you receive your Rwanda visa for Vietnamese citizens as soon as possible. The following documents are required for the process:
- A valid passport is required for Vietnamese citizens to enter Rwanda. You must ensure that your passport does not expire within six months after your arrival date in Rwanda.
- Digital copy (scan) of the passport biographical page
- A photograph of the applicant
- We will communicate with you via email, and we will also send the approved e-Visa to your email address. Therefore, make sure that you have an email address.
Travelers from Vietnam must bring and enter Rwanda with the same passport used throughout the e-Visa application process. Vietnamese applicants whose passport will expire in less than 06 months must renew their passport.
Rwanda e-visa requirements for Vietnamese citizens
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Vietnam:
Applicants will be able to fill out the basic personal, passport, and travel information on the Rwanda visa application form in minutes. The application process with Rwanda Immigration Services is much simpler and easier than any other option. Simply follow these steps to finish the process.
- First, complete the online application; you must first fill out the form online with accurate information.
- Second, you must pay the application fee. Verify the provided information and pay the application fee using electronic payment methods (PayPal, American Express, Debit/ Credit Card) or Wire transfer to the Bank of Cyprus.
- Finally, click the "SUBMIT" button for the visa application to be processed.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
The Rwanda e-Visa application process takes only a few minutes. The processing time for visa application is typically within 01 to 03 business days. To avoid delays, double-check that your application form is free of errors.
The Rwandan immigration department reviews each application, and applicants are advised not to book flights or accommodations until they have received confirmation of visa approval.
Once approved, the e-Visa will be sent to the applicant's email. Passport control officers will be able to use their online system to verify the validity of the e-Visa. However, it is recommended that Vietnamese citizens keep an electronic copy of their Rwanda visa on their tablet or phone, or bring a printed copy, to show immigration officials if necessary.
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for Vietnamese citizens:
Rwanda e-visa fees for Vietnamese citizens
The Rwanda e-visa fees for Vietnamese citizens vary according to visa type and the processing times. To apply for a Rwanda visa online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Rwanda Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee.
In terms of processing time, there are 03 options, each with its own cost. Basically, the faster you need your approval letter, the more you'll have to pay for it. Here are your options:
- Normal: Your application will be processed within 72 hours. This is an excellent choice for travelers who plan ahead of time.
- Urgent: Select this option if you need your application to be processed as soon as possible. Within 48 hours, your visa will be delivered to your e-mail inbox.
- Super urgent: If you need to travel as soon as possible, this is the ideal option. Your visa will be issued within 24 hours.
In addition, we recommend that you should buy Rwanda travel insurance . This insurance not only helps your visa application be approved by the Government easier but also protects your benefits while traveling to Rwanda.
If you have any questions, please click here and a member of our customer service team will contact you via chat. We are available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can track the progress of your Rwanda e-Visa by checking your Rwanda visa status . For more information, go to rwandaimmigration.org.