Check Rwanda visa requirements for Bhutanese citizens
The Rwandan Government has noticed a significant increase in the number of visa applications.
Visa policy has undergone several changes. There are many countries that do not have a Rwandan embassy in their country. The majority of nationalities are therefore unable to apply for a regular visa.
That is why the Government has made it possible to apply for a Rwanda visa online. Every Bhutanese is eligible to apply for this e-visa
This article explains the Rwanda visa requirements for Bhutanese citizens and how to apply for a visa online.
1. Rwanda e visa for Bhutanese citizens:
Before entering Rwanda, Bhutanese citizens must obtain a visa. Fortunately, using the e-Visa system, applying for a Rwanda visa from Bhutan is simple.
The Rwanda e-visa for Bhutanese citizens is an electronic version of a document to enter Rwanda, which helps you to save lots of time from going to the Embassy or waiting in the queue at the borders. Each e-Visa grants one entry into an African country.
Visitors with an approved e-Visa can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days for tourism, leisure, and visiting family in the country
The process of applying for the Rwanda visa from Bhutan takes place entirely online. The form is simple to fill out and submit, and it only takes a few minutes to complete.
Bhutanese citizens visiting Rwanda for reasons other than tourism or visiting family should enquire at the Rwanda embassy in Bhutan.
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
There are four types of e-Visa to Rwanda:
- Rwanda tourist e-Visa: This visa allows the traveler to stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days from the arrival date for the purpose of tourism. The e-visa is valid for 30 days from the date of issuance, and the traveler must depart Rwanda before the visa expires.
- Rwanda conference visa: You can stay for up to 30 days for business reasons, such as attending meetings or an exhibition. The e-visa is valid for 03 months from the date of entry, and the traveler must depart Rwanda before the visa expires.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: It allows you to travel to many other countries via Rwanda and keep for less than 72 hours. The eVisa is valid for three months from the date of issuance.
- East Africa e-visa: Without a doubt, this is the best way to experience Rwanda and its surrounding nations. You will not only be able to enter and exit Rwanda with the East Africa E-Visa, but you will also be able to enter and exit Uganda and Kenya without restrictions during your 90-day stay.
2. Rwanda visa requirements for Bhutanese citizens:
Before applying for a Rwanda visa for Bhutanese citizens, it is important to gather the necessary documentation. Among these are, but are not limited to:
- A valid Bhutanese passport –Take a look at its expiry date to check if it is valid for at least 06 months after arrival with a minimum of 02 blank pages.
- A recent passport biographical photo — You must scan this and submit it with your application.
- A recent digital photo – At least one digital photo of you (the traveler) taken within the last 06 months is required. Please ensure that the photo is legible and in color.
- Email address — Once you have completed your Rwanda e-visa application for Bhutanese citizens, please be sure to have a valid email address so that you can receive your electronic visa.
As mentioned above, the passport must be valid for at least 06 months starting from the date of entry into the Republic of Rwanda. This means that Bhutanese travelers that have a passport that is about to expire need to renew it before applying for a Rwanda visa online
Furthermore, Bhutanese who have a dual passport must use the same one when filling out the online application and traveling to Rwanda.
Once the visa has been issued, Bhutanese applicants must print out a hard copy and show it along with the passport to the border official at the port of entry in Rwanda
3. How to get a visa for Rwanda from Bhutan:
The first and most important step that Bhutanese citizens must take is to apply for an e-Visa. Fortunately, you can complete the entire application process online from the comfort of your own office or home. It is not necessary to visit the nearest Consulate or Embassy.
The procedure is also simple and quick. Citizens of Bhutan who qualify for an e-Visa must only complete the following three steps:
- Complete the Rwanda visa online application form
- Pay the fee using a debit or credit card, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account.
- Download and print out the Rwanda e-visa
Following the completion of these steps, all future communication will be via email. This includes the visa application's status.
If the application is approved, the e-Visa will be sent to the email address provided in the application form. As a result, applicants should check their inboxes frequently.
If a traveler's application is denied, he or she may be able to reapply for the visa. The reason for the denial will be provided so that the applicant can resolve any issues before reapplying.
Processing time for Rwanda e-Visa as Bhutanese citizens
Bhutanese applicants should double-check the information they provided before submitting the form. If the form contains errors, the e-Visa approval process may take longer than usual, and in some cases, it may be refused.
The normal processing time for a Rwanda visa for Bhutanese citizens is 01 to 03 business days.
To account for any delays, apply for the visa at least four business days before your trip.
4. Rwanda visa fees for Bhutanese citizens:
Rwanda visa fees will depend on the visa type and processing time you choose. Rwanda Immigration Services have available four types of visas. As well, it also has available 03 options for processing time, and in this case, we'll show you what are the prices for the most requested visa, which is the tourist e-Visa.
- Normal: A basic application fee will be charged to process your application. Although the process is time-consuming, it is a viable option for those who have planned their trip in advance. You acquire your document in 03 business days.
- Urgent: The processing is faster, but it is also more expensive. You can obtain your e-Visa in just 48 hours
- Super urgent: At the moment, this is the quickest option. It's also the most expensive option. Your e-Visa will arrive in 24 hours.