Rwanda Visa Requirements For Portuguese citizens
The African continent contains numerous treasures and secrets that have yet to be discovered by the outside world. Rwanda is one of these countries. For outsiders, it may appear to be a small landlocked country with no seaport, but it has some extraordinary attractions that draw hundreds of thousands of tourists every day.
It also has several exceptional tourist attractions, such as three famous national parks that not only house ordinary game animals but also serve as a home to the majestic silverback mountain gorillas, which are still considered critically endangered species.
When planning a trip from Portugal to Rwanda, ensure you are fully aware of everything you may need to gain entry into the country. Fortunately, online visa processing services can now handle your application process. If you use the services of Rwanda Immigration Services, you can have your visa delivered to your email in as little as 3 Business Days! The requirements for obtaining your Rwanda visa online for Portuguese citizens are listed in the article below.
Rwanda e-visa for Portuguese citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Portuguese citizens:
Portuguese passport holders who want to visit Rwanda will now find it much easier to obtain the necessary travel documents. Rwandan authorities have implemented a new online visa, or e-visa, in response to years of demand from international travelers, making the process of obtaining permission to visit Rwanda much easier.
Portuguese citizens require a visa to visit Rwanda for any reason, including tourism, medical, business, personal, or any other. Obtaining a Rwanda e-visa for Portuguese citizens becomes easy and quick owing to the online visa system.
Portuguese citizens will be allowed to stay in the country for 30 days and will only be allowed one entry.
The Rwandan e-Visa is an electronic visa introduced by the Rwandan government in 2018 to make the visa application process easier for foreign nationals.
Applicants must complete a simple three-step online process in order to receive their approved e-Visa to Rwanda at their email address.
Portuguese citizens that are planning on visiting Rwanda for different purposes can apply for one of the following visas:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: is an electronic travel document that allows Portuguese visitors to enter the country for any purpose related to tourism. This is a single-entry visa, allowing you to stay in the country for a total of 30 days.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: A transit visa for a period of not more than 72 hours. In order to depart Rwanda within 72 hours of arrival, applicants must have a confirmed onward ticket from Rwanda to a third country.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: Portuguese citizens are eligible to apply for the Rwanda Conference E-Visa. You can use this travel document if you wish to attend a conference, meeting, or seminar in Rwanda and stay there for up to 30 days. Rwanda Conference E-Visas are valid for 03 months from the arrival date and allow a single entry.
- East Africa e-visa: This is a Joint Tourist Visa that can be used for travel to and within Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda for tourism purposes. The validity of an East Africa Visa is three months from the date of entry.
Travelers from Portugal who want to visit the country for another reason, such as medical treatment or business, should contact the Rwandan embassy in Portugal for more information.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Portuguese citizens:
During the online application process, travelers must fill out an e-Visa application form and submit all required documentation.
The following are the documents required for the Rwanda e-visa for Portuguese citizens:
- A digital photograph of the bio-data page of the Portuguese applicant's passport (it must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Rwanda);
- To receive exit/entry stamps at the Rwandan border, the passport must have at least two blank pages
- Photograph of the Portuguese applicant's face (any size is acceptable);
- Email address: When you apply with Rwanda Immigration Services, your e-visa will be delivered via email, so include a valid email address that you have consistent access to.
Rwanda e-visa requirements for Portuguese citizens
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Portugal
Rwanda Immigration Services has designed an easy-to-use application form for Rwanda e-Visa. You will only need to complete three steps. This can be completed in 10 minutes, and if you have any questions, please contact customer service. Our customer service team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you with the process.
In the first step, you must provide personal information such as your name, address, e-mail, arrival date, passport information, and other basic information.
The second step of the application form requires revision and payment. While reviewing your information, you must pay close attention. This is significant because corrections are not permitted once the application has been processed. This will cause you to go through the entire process again, including payment. You can avoid this inconvenience by double-checking your spelling.
After completing the first two steps, you can submit your application and wait for it to arrive within the timeframe you specify.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
Travelers must provide the following information when filling out the application form:
- Personal information: full name, birth date, and country of citizenship
- Passport information includes the country of issue, number
- Details of the trip: intended entry date and departure date
Applicants will receive a confirmation message informing them that Rwanda Immigration Services have received their visa application. We will do the rest of the process. e-visa applications are typically processed within 1 to 3 days. Applicants will be notified of the status of their visas, such as approval or denial, via the email address they provided on the application form.
It is critical to ensure that all of the information provided is correct and that the documents are up to date in order to avoid delays or denial of the e-Visa.
When Portuguese travelers receive confirmation of their online travel permit, they should print a copy in case they need to show it at border controls upon arrival. It is also beneficial to keep at least a copy of the electronic visa throughout the stay in Rwanda.
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for Portuguese citizens:
Keep in mind that the Rwanda visa fee for Portuguese citizens is determined by the processing time you choose. You can select one of the following processing times:
- Normal: Your application will be reviewed and processed within 72 hours. This is an excellent choice for travelers who plan ahead of time.
- Urgent: You can choose this option if you want your application to run much faster. Within 48 hours, your visa will be delivered to your e-mail inbox.
- Super urgent: This is the best option if you need to travel as soon as possible. Your visa will be issued within 24 hours.
To apply for a visa online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa fees, which are called Service fees and Government fees.
In addition, we recommend that you should buy Rwanda travel insurance so that your trip to Rwanda is more secure.