Rwanda visa requirements for citizens of Reunion island
Rwanda allows e-visas to be released to citizens of over 140 countries, including Reunion. As long as you are from Reunion and you plan a vacation to Rwanda, you can use the services of Rwandaimmigration.org and apply online for a Rwanda visa for citizens of Reunion. The procedure is straightforward, and if you require assistance, Rwandaimmigration.org provides an excellent support service that can be reached at any time of day or night.
1. Rwanda e-visa for citizens of Reunion:
The Rwanda e-visa for citizens of Reunion (also known as the "Rwanda e-visa") was introduced in 2018 to allow eligible citizens to travel to Rwanda for transit, tourism, or business purposes.
The Rwanda e-visa is available to citizens of over 200 countries, including Reunion.
The process for applying for a Rwanda visa online is quick and easy;therefore, travelers only spend a few minutes to complete the application form.
The Rwanda e-visa for citizens of Reunion is the standard electronic document that most tourists apply for before their trip to Rwanda.
Reunionese nationals can visit Rwanda with an electronic visa. This online travel permit allows Reunionese to avoid lengthy visa applications at a Rwanda embassy in person.
It is important to note that if you are a Reunionese and want to visit Rwanda, you will need to obtain travel authorization.
Reunionese who hold an electronic Rwanda visa can stay in the country for up to 30 days.
To stay longer than 1 month, or for other reasons, a different type of Rwanda visa is required. Travelers can only apply for this type of e-visa by visiting the Rwanda Embassy.
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: If you want to spend more time in Rwanda, the Tourist e-Visa allows you to stay for up to 30 days and do whatever you want. Travelers from Reunion can use the Tourist E-Visa to relax, visit loved ones, or do as much sightseeing as they want. The Rwanda tourist e-visa is valid for 30 days, beginning when you arrive, and allows you to enter Rwanda only once.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: Are you only planning a weekend trip to Rwanda? The Transit e-Visa is a great option for you. Travelers from Reunion can stay in Rwanda for up to three days with this e-Visa. For a lengthy layover, a Transit e-Visa is ideal.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: You can obtain the Rwanda Conference E-Visa as a Reunionese citizen. You can use this electronic visa to travel to Rwanda to attend or speak at a conference, meeting, or seminar. The e-Visa for Rwanda is a single-entry online visa that allows a maximum stay of 30 days in Rwanda.
- East Africa e-visa: This is the ultimate E-Visa for an East African vacation. You can spend 90 days in Rwanda with the East African e-Visa, but you can also visit Uganda and Kenya as many times as you want during this time.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for citizens of Reunion:
The basic requirements to obtain a Rwanda e-visa for citizens of Reunion include the following:
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months of the date of entry into Rwanda is required.
- A passport-style photograph of the applicant from Reunion.
- At least two blank pages inside the passport are available for receiving exit/entry stamps at the Rwanda border.
- Copy of the passport information page with full details.
- An active email address to receive correspondence about the e-visa and visa approval.
It is required to travel to Rwanda on the passport used to apply for the e-Visa. If the passport expires sooner than specified in the visa policy, Reunionese applicants must renew it before beginning the visa application process.
Similarly, dual nationals from Reunion must ensure that the passport they present at the Rwanda border crossing is the same one they used to apply for their e-Visa.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Reunion:
A Reunionese e-visa application can be completed entirely online in a matter of minutes. There is no need to physically visit an embassy or gather a slew of paper documents to apply for an e-visa.
E-visa applications are also typically processed quickly, often within 24 hours. However, to allow for any unexpected processing delays, Reunionese are advised to submit their e-visa request at least 80 hours before departure.
To submit an e-visa application for Reunionese, you simply need to fill out a form with the following:
- Personal information such as full name, birthdate, nationality, and place of birth
- Data from a passport, such as a document number, issuing country, and issue/expiry dates
- Travel plans, including the first country of intended entry
The 3-step Rwanda e-Visa application for citizens of Reunion:
Step 1:Fill out the Rwanda visa application form
Step 2: Pay the Rwanda e-Visa fees for citizens of Reunion
Step 3: Submit the visa application for consideration.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for citizens of Reunion:
Because you apply online, the process will move quickly. When it comes to processing time, the Rwanda immigration service offers three excellent options, and your choice will determine the cost of your Rwanda visa application form. Here are your choices:
- Normal: Travelers who apply online frequently select this option because it is less expensive than the other two. Your application will be processed in just 3 days.
- Urgent: This option reduces the waiting period to 2 days. However, the price is slightly higher.
- Super urgent: This is the quickest option available. Your application could be processed in a single day.It is ideal for those who need a visa as soon as possible.