Check Rwanda visa requirements for Macanese citizens
We're sure you want to see everything Rwanda has to offer. Begin in Kigali, Rwanda's capital, which has hills, valleys, and a modern city. There are over a million people living here. The city was founded in 1907 and became the capital of Rwanda after the country gained independence in 1962. Explore the tree-lined boulevards and clean squares, where residents will greet you with open arms. Visit Kigali Cultural Village, where artisans and food vendors sell a variety of delectable treats.
Check out the modern atmosphere at Nyarugenge Hill, the business district. Explore Nyarutarama Lake, which is surrounded by a golf course. We are confident you will have a relaxing day exploring nature and observing Rwanda's birds. Don't miss the Kigali Genocide Memorial, commemorating the over one million Rwandans killed in 1994. The burial gardens and exhibitions teach visitors about these people's lives.
Do you want to visit Rwanda? Do you know that an eVisa is required to enter Rwanda? Macau (SAR) is one of the countries that require a Rwanda e-Visa prior to travel. We offer an online service to apply for your Rwanda visa for Macanese citizens at Rwanda Immigration Services; it is a very simple and friendly process.
If you want to learn more about how to apply for a Rwanda e-visa, take a look at this article.
Rwanda e-visa for Macanese citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Macanese citizens:
If you are a Macanese citizen traveling to Rwanda for business or tourism, you must obtain a visa before entering the country. Previously, this was a complicated process, but since 2018, the Rwandan government has introduced a simple online application form that allows Macanese citizens to apply for a Rwanda visa from their home country.
Rwanda introduced its Rwanda e-Visa system in 2018 to simplify the process of getting an obligatory travel authorization. An electronic visa for Rwanda is available online for Macanese citizens rather than visiting the Rwanda embassy in Macau.
The Rwanda e-visa for Macanese citizens operates on the same terms as a regular visa but is much easier to obtain because it can be applied online. Online visas are available for Macanese traveling to Rwanda for tourism or conference purposes.
An e-visa for Rwanda is an online visa that allows its holders to stay in the country for up to 30 dayss. In order to simplify the process of obtaining a visa, the Rwandan Government has introduced an electronic visa system.
Rwanda visa applicants must simply fill out an online form, and an email with the approved e-Visa will be delivered to the applicant's inbox in just a few days. It has never been easier to apply for a visa!
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
There are four types of Rwanda electronic visas; each allows a different number of entries.
The following options are available to Macanese travelers:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: The Tourist E-Visa allows you to stay in Rwanda for tourism. For travelers from Macau who wish to relax, see friends and family, or go sightseeing, this E-Visa is perfect for them. It won't take you long to discover all the beauty Rwanda has to offer once you enter it. Rwandan Tourist E-Visas are valid for 03 months from the date of arrival and allow for one entry. You can remain in Rwanda for up to 30 days with this type of visa.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: Don't have a lot of time to spend in Rwanda? The Transit E-Visa allows Macanese to stay in Rwanda for up to three days. If you wish to explore some fascinating places in Rwanda while waiting for the next flight, E-Visa is perfect for you.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: You can stay in Rwanda with this visa for a maximum of 30 days for business meetings, conferences, etc. This visa grants a single entry only.
- East Africa e-visa: The best way to visit Rwanda and the neighboring countries is undoubtedly obtaining an East Africa e-visa. You can enter and exit between Rwanda, Uganda and Kenya without restrictions during your 90-day stay with the East Africa E-Visa.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Macanese citizens:
Personal information such as name, gender, and nationality should be provided by Macanese citizens. The Rwanda e-visa requirements for Macanese citizens are necessary too:
- A passport that must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Rwanda and two blank pages for stamping purposes.
- For the application, a passport’s biographical page photo must be scanned.
- A color photo – Your e-visa must be linked to a photo of you, so you must have one taken. If possible, try to take a picture as recently as possible.
- To obtain a Rwanda visa electronically, you must have a valid email address.
- The flight ticket confirmation
Rwanda e-visa requirements for Macanese citizens
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Macau:
The application procedure is less complicated than other official procedures. You must complete a simple questionnaire which takes only 15 minutes. If you have any questions or difficulties, you can contact customer service. They are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and the service is free.
The form is divided into three steps.
- The first one requires you to enter some basic information about yourself and your trip. You must also select a visa type and a processing time.
- During the second step of the form, you must make the payment and review your application for any errors or typos. You cannot make any changes after the fact.
- When you're finished, click the submit button and wait. Your Rwanda e-visa will be emailed to you in PDF format.
Important: the answers must be true and correct, as this information appears on the Rwanda e-Visa and is verified upon arrival.
Once the online form is completed, the electronic visa request is reviewed by Rwanda Immigration Services before being sent to the Rwanda government. After the submission, the e-Visa is sent in PDF format to the Macanese passengers' email addresses in no more than 3 working days. Before arriving in Rwanda, the Rwanda travel document should be printed out.
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for Macanese citizens:
The total cost of Rwanda's e-visa with Rwanda Immigration Services is determined by how quickly you need your visa and the type of visa. Here you can choose one of the following options for the processing time of your visa application:
- Normal: You can have your visa in just 3 Business Days
- Urgent: If you select this option, you will receive your e-Visa in 2 Business DaysF, which is faster than the previous option.
- Super urgent: This service provides the fastest processing time. You will receive your visa in just 24 hours.
To apply for a visa online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee. In addition, you should buy Rwanda travel insurance before traveling to this fascinating country.
We provide maximum security for your personal data and confidentiality, and we invest heavily in database security. Your personal information is in the best possible hands.
Click here to begin chatting with one of our customer service centers for a faster resolution.