Check Rwanda visa requirements for Belgian Citizens
If you are a citizen of Belgium planning to visit Rwanda, then you need to apply for a Rwanda visa for Belgian citizens. Rwanda implemented an electronic visa system in 2018, allowing visitors to apply for their visas online. Belgian citizens are no longer required to visit a Rwanda embassy to obtain a visa. The Rwanda e-visa application for Belgian citizens is 100% online. With a Rwanda electronic visa, Belgian tourists can visit this country for up to 30 days. This page contains all the information required for Belgian nationals to travel to Rwanda with an electronic visa. Find out the Rwanda e-visa requirements for Belgian citizens and how to apply.
1. Rwanda e-visa for Belgian citizens
The Rwanda electronic visa for Belgian citizens is a single-entry visa that allows Belgian citizens to visit Rwanda for up to 30 days in a row for tourism purposes. Belgian citizens can use this travel document to enter the country by air. It can also be used at land borders, though they must bring a cover letter detailing their trip in this case. The e-visa does not permit the crossing of sea borders.
The Rwanda electronic visa can be used for tourism, leisure, and visiting family in the country.
Belgian nationals visiting Rwanda for reasons other than tourism or visiting family should inquire at the nearest Rwanda embassy in Belgium
Rwanda visa types for Belgian citizens:
Rwanda e-visas are only valid for single entries; anyone needing multiple entries must apply for a different type of visa. There are four types of Rwanda electronic visas available for Belgian citizens
- Tourist e-Visa: This e-visa type will be used when you want to enter Rwanda for tourism purposes. With this type of e-visa, you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival.
- Conference e-Visa: The Rwanda Conference E-Visa is an electronic visa that allows you to enter Rwanda to take part in a conference. Electronic visa type allows you to stay in Rwanda within 30 days from the date of your arrival with
- East Africa e-Visa: This is a joint tourist visa that is issued to let you visit 03 countries: Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya in a single visa type. With this type of e-visa, you can stay in these countries for up to 90 days with multiple entries in these Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda only.
- Transit e-Visa: this type of e-visa allows you to land in Rwanda territory before going to to other destinations for a period not exceeding 72 hours. This e-visa type cannot be extended in any circumstance.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Belgian citizens
Before they can begin the visa application process, all Belgian citizens must first meet the e-visa requirements for Rwanda. The Rwanda e-visa requirements for Belgian citizens are as follows:
- Belgium valid passport: The applicant must have a valid Belgian passport. This passport must be valid for at least 6 months from your arrival date in Rwanda.
- A digital photo in JPEG or PNG format: For the application of a visa, the applicant must provide a recently taken photo (passport size). This photo should be taken in color against a white background. The photo should be taken within 6 months of the applicant’s visa application.
- Email address: During the visa application process, the applicant must provide a valid email address. This email will be used to notify the applicant if their visa application was approved or denied.
Because the approved visa is electronically linked to an individual travel document, the applicant should use the same passport to complete the Rwanda e-visa application that they will use to travel to the country. Applicants with dual nationality should keep this in mind.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda e-Visa from Belgium:
Tourists from Belgium do not need to go to a Rwanda embassy or wait in line at the airport when entering Rwanda to obtain a Rwanda visa. Belgian citizens can apply for the Rwanda e-visa through an online portal. It is only necessary to have a stable internet connection and a device such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer. The online visa application for Belgians is easy and straightforward.
Belgian travelers can get an online Rwanda visa from Belgium in 3 simple steps
Read more about how to apply for a Rwanda visa online
The Rwanda e-visa processing time is very short. The majority of travelers can expect the approval to arrive in their inbox within 24 hours, and no later than four business days.
Once the visa is processed, a copy of the Rwanda e-visa for Belgian citizens is sent by email. Although the e-visa is electronically linked to the applicant's passport, it is still recommended to print copies of the visa for presentation to immigration officers upon entry into Rwanda
4. Rwanda e-visa fee for Belgian citizens and payment method:
To complete your application process, you need to pay a total application cost, including 02 kinds of Rwanda visa fees: the government and the service fee. In addition, consider choosing COVID-19 and health insurance as your benefit protection in any circumstance.
For the government fee, you need to pay this fee since Belgium is not on the exemption list of Rwanda at the moment.
For the service fee, you can choose 1 in 3 options below depending on your processing time demand:
- Normal: you can get your e-visa within 03 business days when you choose this standardized service.
- Urgent: you will have your e-visa result within 48 hours if you use this advanced type of service.
- Super urgent: with this type of service, you can have your e-visa within just 24 hours because this is the highest priority service for Rwanda e-visa.
Payment method: to complete your payment, you can pay by 02 ways: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, Amex or Paypal) and wire transfer (HSBC direct transaction).
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda