Rwanda E-Visa Requirements For Indian Citizens - Visa Fees
Most countries require visitors to have a valid visa in order to visit Rwanda. Indian citizens are eligible to apply online for an electronic visa, also known as a Rwanda e-visa
The Rwanda e-visa for Indians is a digital travel document that grants the holder permission to enter the country. Eligible travelers, such as Indian nationals, can obtain a Rwanda e visa by filling out a brief online application.
The online Rwanda visa application takes about 10 minutes to complete. Indian applicants can fill out an application form from their home or office instead of going to a Rwanda embassy as with traditional consular visas.
As long as the Indian applicant meets the Rwanda visa requirements, they will be able to obtain the Rwanda e-visa to visit the country as a tourist.
1. Rwanda e visa for Indian citizens:
The Rwandan government introduced the Rwandan e-Visa (an online visa) in 2018. It grants entry to visitors of eligible nationalities to go to Rwanda by completing an online visa application.
Rwanda e visa for Indians is a digital visa that can be obtained through an online application, authorizing Indian visitors to travel to the country.
The digital system is accessible to citizens of most countries, including India.
Indian citizens can use the Rwanda e-Visa for short-term visits such as sightseeing, visiting relatives or friends, and attending conferences in Rwanda.
Various types of Rwanda e visas are available through the online portal, including the following:
- Rwanda tourist e visa: The tourist e visa allows Indians up to 30 days to stay in Rwanda from the arrival date with one entry into the country.
- Rwanda business e Visa: This visa is designated for attending business meetings, seminars, and conferences held in Rwanda. With Rwanda business visa for Indians, Indians can stay there for 30 days from the entry date in Rwanda.
- Rwanda transit e visa: The transit e visa allows Indian applicants to stay in Rwanda for a maximum of 03 days from the arrival date. This visa is ideal for those who wish to have a layover and spend a couple of nights in Rwanda.
- East Africa Visa: is available to Indian tourists who want to spend more time exploring simultaneously 03 East African countries including Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda, with Rwanda being the first destination on your trip. Indian travelers can enter the 03 countries multiple times and stay there for up to 90 days from the arrival date.
The Rwanda e-visa is valid for a short-term stay in the country for tourism purposes. For those visiting Rwanda on holiday, the e-visa provides a quick and easy way to get permission to visit.
Those wishing to visit the country for other purposes are required to contact at Rwanda embassy in India
2. Rwanda visa requirements for Indian citizens:
Indian passport holders are eligible to obtain the Rwanda e-Visa. We recommend that you first read through the Rwanda visa requirements for Indian citizens before proceeding to the application form. The following are the main requirements for obtaining a Rwanda e-Visa:
- An Indian passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda with at least 02 blank pages for verification.
- Recent passport-sized photograph with a clear face and background.
- Digital copies of the biographical page of the Indian passport.
- A frequently used email address. Please note that the email address must be one that you use frequently and have access to. The approved Rwanda e-visa, as well as any updates on its progress, will be sent to this address.
Indian applicants must use the same passport for the e-Visa application as the one they will use to enter Rwanda.
Once the traveler has their approved e-Visa, we recommend printing out a copy in the event that the passport control officer asks to see the paper document.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa for Indian:
The process for obtaining a Rwanda visa for Indians is very simple and quick. The process is entirely online, with the traveler completing a Rwanda e-Visa application form from their smartphone, tablet, computer, or other internet-enabled devices.
Indian travelers can get a Rwanda visa for Indian in 3 simple steps:
- Step 1: Complete the Rwanda e-visa form by filling out some visa details and personal information. Indian applicants will also be required to enter information from their passports as well as specific travel details such as dates of entry and exit from the country.
- Step 2: Make an online payment for the Rwanda visa processing fee.
- Step 3: Receive the Rwanda e visa via email. Download and print it out before the trip to Rwanda.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
The Rwanda e-visa form for Indian passport holders is an online process that takes only 15 minutes to fill out. Before submitting the application, travelers are encouraged to review the form and double-check the information to ensure it is correct and spelled correctly. If there is an error on the application, Rwanda Immigration authorities may refuse to issue an e-Visa to the applicant, or the process may take longer.
Once the application has been completed and the fees have been paid, all that remains is to wait for approval. The Rwanda e-visa for Indian passport holders normally takes up to 03 business days to be approved. As a result, we recommend that all travelers apply for a Rwanda e visa from India in advance so that there is enough processing time for the visa to be approved.
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for Indian citizens:
Rwanda visa fees may vary depending on the visa type you have selected, not upon your nationality. The Rwanda Government has set the same fee for citizens from all eligible countries, so it does not matter what country you are from.
In order to apply for a Rwanda visa for Indian, you have to pay two (02) kinds of visa fees, which are called Rwanda Service fees and Rwanda Government fees.
Indian applicants need to pay the Government Fee since India is not on the country lists which are exempt for the Rwanda e visa.
Rwanda service fees depend on which processing timeframe you choose for your application and the number of people your application covers. When you apply for a Rwanda e visa with Rwanda Immigration Services, you have three options for the processing time of your e visa. That way, you can opt for the one that you think is best for you. They are as follows:
- Normal: Your application is processed within 03 business days
- Urgent: It is the best option for those in a hurry. You obtain your tourist visa within 48 hours.
- Super Urgent: You need to pay a premium fee to get a Rwanda e visa in 24 hours.
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda