Check Rwanda visa requirements for New Zealand citizens
With so many natural wonders in Rwanda, you can't help but have the adventure and excitement you've always wanted. Rwanda, known as the "Land of a Thousand Hills," is a breathtakingly beautiful country with fascinating savannah, undulating hills and deep valleys, abundant wildlife, and natural beauty. Kigali, its capital city, is picturesque and full of sights and delights.
Many New Zealand citizens have little knowledge of Kigali and believe it is one of the underdeveloped African countries with nothing to offer. If you want to get away from your daily routine, you should probably visit Kigali to partake in adrenaline-pumping activities and see interesting sights.
Rwanda e-visa for New Zealand citizens
Instead of another trip to the United States, Europe, or Canada, go on an adventure and visit Rwanda. The country's beauty is inestimable, and it has much more to give any traveler, from safari to the lake and beach adventures.
If you live in New Zealand and wish to visit Rwanda, there is now a quick and simple way to obtain a visa. Starting in 2018, the Republic of Rwanda made E-Visas available to citizens in New Zealand and many other countries around the world.
This article explains how to apply for a Rwanda visa for New Zealand citizens, including document requirements and paying the-visa fees online.
1. Rwanda e-visa for New Zealand citizens:
Citizens of New Zealand need a visa to travel to Rwanda, even for short stays. Visitors and business travelers from New Zealand can apply for a visa online if they meet all of the requirements.
The Rwanda e-visa process is 100% online. Travelers do not need to visit the Rwanda embassy in New Zealand, all documents are submitted digitally.
The Rwanda e-visa is an electronic visa issued for short-term stays for tourism, leisure, business, transit, and visiting family in the country.
The Rwanda e-visa for New Zealand citizens is valid for 03 months from the date of entry, which is convenient for those who are looking for flexibility and/or if they are unsure of when they plan to travel.
Travelers from New Zealand require an e-visa to enter Rwanda, which is available exclusively online to simplify the process for New Zealanders
New Zealand passport holders who are living in another country do not need to visit a Rwanda consulate or embassy to obtain a travel permit. Instead of waiting in long lines, nationals of New Zealand can apply for the Rwanda e-Visa online.
Rwanda visa types for New Zealand citizens:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: is valid for up to 03 months from the date of arrival. Furthermore, you can only enter the country once with this visa and stay there for up to 30 days. New Zealand travelers who hold a Rwanda tourist e-Visa may use it to enter the country for purposes of sightseeing, cultural activities, and visiting family and friends
- Rwanda conference e-visa: This visa is designed for attending conferences organized in Rwanda, and the like. It allows you to stay in the country for a maximum of 30 days with a single entry.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: The Transit E-Visa is ideal for anyone who will be in Rwanda for an extended period of time. What better way to spend your time than exploring this lovely country? You can stay in Rwanda for up to 3 days while waiting for your next flight with the Transit E-Visa. Obtain your Transit E-Visa right away!
- East African e-visa: This is the E-Visa to get if you want to really explore East Africa. The East Africa E-Visa allows you to visit Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya as many times as you want during your 90-day stay. Get your East Africa E-Visa right now!
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for New Zealand citizens:
Travelers need just a few items to apply for a Rwanda e-visa for New Zealand citizens:
- A valid New Zealand passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry into Rwanda
- The passport must have at least two (02) blank pages, for the entry and exit stamps.
- A passport scan of the information page
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant
- A current email address to receive updates and notifications regarding the application
- Means of payment, such as a Credit/debit card, Visa card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer are necessary upon starting the application process. The card does not have to be in the name of the New Zealand applicant.
New Zealand citizens must fill out an online Rwanda visa application form with basic personal information and passport information. Copies of the required documentation are sent via email; paperwork does not need to be presented in person at the Rwandan embassy in New Zealand.
Rwanda e-visa requirements for New Zealand citizens
3. How to get a Rwanda e-visa for New Zealand citizens:
To complete the online-visa to Rwanda application from New Zealand, applicants will need to do the following:
Step 1: Fill in the electronic visa form for New Zealand citizens
Step 2: Pay for the-visa using a bank card
Step 3: Receive your approved visa via email
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
Visitors from New Zealand can obtain an electronic visa for the Republic of Rwanda by completing a simple online application form prior to their trip. This can be done from any location with an internet connection and takes only a few minutes to complete.
New Zealand visitors must provide the following information:
- Basic personal information, e.g., name, date of birth, gender, nationality
- Passport number
- Date of arrival and departure in Rwanda
Before submitting the Rwanda e-visa form for New Zealand citizens, applicants from New Zealand should double-check all of the information they have provided to ensure that it is correct. Small errors and inconsistencies are the primary causes of online-visa application delays and rejections.
Once the visitors confirm that the information is correct, they must attach the required supporting travel documents and submit the Rwanda e-visa application for New Zealand citizens. It will be processed within the next 24 hours, and the applicant will be notified via email of the outcome.
How to get a Rwanda e-visa for New Zealand citizens
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for New Zealand citizens:
The Rwanda e-visa fees for New Zealand citizens depend on the type of permit applied for and the type of visa. Electronic visas for Rwanda are less expensive than most embassy-issued visas.
To apply for a Rwanda visa online, visitors must pay two (2) types of Rwanda Visa fees: a Service Fee and a Government Fee.
As for the processing time, Rwanda Immigration Services provides three amazing options that can satisfy every New Zealander's need and pocket. They are as follows:
- Normal: this method allows you to get the document in 72 hours.
- Urgent: to get your Rwanda eVisa in less time, as you’d only wait 48 hours.
- Super urgent: if you want to get the e-Visa in only 24 hours, then you can opt for this option
In addition, we recommend that you should buy a Covid travel insurance to have a secure trip in Rwanda. Let’s enjoy all the moments to the fullest!