Rwanda visa requirements for Icelandic citizens
Despite its dark history, Rwanda is a beautiful landlocked country in Central Africa that has made great strides. A travel destination that will quench your wanderlust, whatever it may be.
As part of the European Union, Iceland is one of the eligible countries whose citizens can apply for a Rwanda to travel to and around the Republic of Rwanda. Since 2018, certain nationalities wishing to visit Rwanda have been able to obtain an e-Visa, also known as a visa. Those who are eligible to apply for a visa on arrival may also apply for an e-Visa.
This page explains the Rwanda visa requirements for Icelander citizens traveling to Rwanda, and how to apply online.
Rwanda visa requirements for Icelander citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Icelander citizens:
Rwanda implemented an electronic visa in 2018 to expedite entry for Icelandic passport holders traveling to Rwanda for a short stay.
Icelanders planning a short trip to Rwanda will need an online electronic visa, also known as a Rwanda e-Visa, to enter the country.
The Rwanda e-visa for Icelander citizens authorizes holders to do the following:
- Enter Rwanda once (single-entry visa)
- Stay in the country for up to 30 consecutive days
- Travel to the country for tourism, leisure, or to see family. It is also possible to obtain a transit visa for Rwanda.
- Following approval of the e-Visa, you have 3 months to enter the country before the e-Visa is no longer valid.
These types of electronic visas for Rwanda entry cannot be extended.
Icelander citizens who have been granted a Rwanda e-Visa will receive an electronic visa that allows them to enter Rwanda through the dedicated fast lane for Rwanda e-Visa holders.
Rwanda's visa policy outlines the regulations for all types of visa policies available to foreign nationals visiting Rwanda.
Icelander passport holders planning to travel to Rwanda from Iceland or any other country must make an appointment with theRwanda embassy in Iceland for more information.
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: The tourist e-visa will be valid for one entry and will be issued to visitors to Kenya. It is valid for a period of 90 days.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: This is an electronic visa that allows you to enter Rwanda for the purpose of attending a conference, meeting, or seminar. This visa allows a Single Entry for a maximum stay of 30 days with a validity of 3 months.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: Travelers from Iceland can stay in Rwanda for up to three days with this e-Visa. For a lengthy layover, a Transit e-Visa is ideal.
- East Africa e-visa: This is the ultimate E-Visa for an East African vacation. You can spend 90 days in Rwanda with the East African e-Visa, but you can also visit Rwanda and Kenya as many times as you want during this time.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Icelander citizens:
Rwanda e-visa requirements for Icelander citizens
Before you can access the application page and fill out the application form, make sure you meet the Rwanda e-visa requirements for Icelander citizens. However, the necessary documents and information are simple to obtain, and you may already have some of them.
- You cannot apply for a Rwandan visa online unless you have a valid passport. Furthermore, your visa must be valid for another 6 months from the date you arrived in Rwanda.
At least two blank page in the passport must be available for the Immigration Officer to stamp.
- A digital photo will be required, and it must be recent.
- You will need to provide a scanned copy of your passport's information page at some point during the application process.
- Because the Rwanda visa is delivered by mail, you must have an active e-mail address. The e-visa will be in PDF format, and you will need to print it.
Individual e-Visas are required for Icelandic children visiting Rwanda, regardless of whether they are listed on a parent or guardian's passport or have their own passport.
Minors may be assisted in completing the application form by their parents or legal guardians.
If you have an Icelandic passport and want to visit Rwanda, you should first check the visa requirements for Icelander citizens.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Iceland:
To apply for a Rwanda e-visa for Icelander citizens, you should go online and fill out the basic information for the point-of-entry document. You must include your email address and expected arrival date in Rwanda. When filling out the basic information, you must also include the date you intend to leave the country and your contact phone number.
Each applicant for a Rwanda visa for Icelanders must also provide their full name, place of birth, and country of residence. The passport number, as well as the time of arrival and departure, must be provided.
Once you have completed the online form, you must provide an email address where you will receive the approved e-Visa.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
For standard processing, it will take 72 hours to receive your visa via email.
If the information on the e-Visa differs from the information on your passport, your visa will be rendered invalid. If this occurs, you must reapply and ensure that the information is a perfect match.
After the visa expires, which is 30 days from the date of approval, you can renew it. If a traveler delays a trip or makes changes that extend the time beyond 90 days, he or she must renew their visa online.
How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Iceland
4. Rwanda visa fees for Icelander citizens:
The Rwanda visa fee is determined by the type of visa and the processing speed you select for your application. Rwanda Immigration Services provides you with this opportunity. You are given three options so that you can make the best decision for yourself. You have the following options:
- Normal: If you are not in a hurry, you can choose this option. Your application will be reviewed in three business days.
- Urgent: Decide to pay a little more and receive your visa within two business days
- Super urgent: You can choose this option if you want to fly to Rwanda the next day. Your application will be handled within 24 business hours.
There are two kinds of Rwanda e-visa fees that Icelander citizens will have to pay to get an e-Visa to Rwanda, including a Rwanda e-visa Service fee and a Rwanda Government fee.