Rwanda Visa for Gambia Residents - Fees Visa 2023
The Rwanda e-Visa, which is an electronic travel authorization for tourists looking to visit the transcontinental country without hassle, is available to Gambian citizens. Citizens from over 100 countries are eligible for one, and Gambian nationals are among them.
Gambian citizens can apply for a Rwanda e-Visa from the comfort of their own homes by accessing the online system with any electronic device such as a smartphone, computer, or tablet. Before beginning the application process, all they need is an internet connection and some personal information.
The Rwanda e-visa for Gambian citizens is quick and easy to obtain. This page contains all the information Gambian tourists need to get their Rwanda visa from the Gambia.
1. Rwanda e-visa for Gambian citizens:
In 2016, the government of Rwanda introduced the Rwanda e-Visa, which is an electronic travel authorization. It enables Gambian travelers to visit Rwanda for short periods of time for tourism.
The Rwanda e-visa for Gambian citizens is an electronic travel authorization allowing Gambian passports holders to travel to Rwanda. The Rwanda e-Visa can be obtained online by completing an application form. In order to obtain a valid travel permit to Rwanda, Gambian passport holders no longer need to visit an embassy or consular office.
With an e-Visa, Gambian citizens may spend up to 30 days in Rwanda for tourism, recreation, sightseeing, casual business, and a casual visit to meet friends. It is also possible to obtain a Rwanda e-Visa for transit purposes.
Fortunately, thanks to the ability to apply for a Rwanda e visa online, obtaining a Rwanda visa with a Gambian passport has become much faster and easier than it used to be.
Travelers from the Gambia who wish to stay in the country for longer than 1 month, or for other travel purposes, need to apply for a visa at the Rwanda Embassy in the Gambia.
Type of Rwanda e visas:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: If you intend to stay in Rwanda for more than a few days, you should apply for a Tourist e-Visa. This e-Visa will allow you to enjoy everything Rwanda offers Gambian visitors. Once you arrive, you can unwind and enjoy the culture, shopping, food, sightseeing, or romantic getaways. Tourist e-Visas are valid for 30 days before you enter Rwanda
- Rwanda transit e-visa: Are you only planning a short trip to Rwanda? This is possible with the Transit e-Visa. Gambians can spend up to three days sightseeing, relaxing, or simply immersing themselves in the local culture. If you have a Transit e-Visa, you do not need to spend your layover at the airport.
- Rwanda Conference e-visa: As a Gambian citizen, you can acquire the Rwanda Conference E-Visa. This electronic visa allows a visit to Rwanda if you want to attend or speak at a conference, meeting, or seminar. You can stay in the country for up to 30 days, and you can only enter once because it has a single entry.
- East Africa e-visa: Get the East African e-Visa instead if you want the entire East African experience. You will not only have the same amount of time in Rwanda, but you will also be able to visit Uganda and Kenya whenever you want for the duration of your stay. You can use this visa for multiple entries to Rwanda, and it lets you stay there for up to 90 days.
2. Rwanda e visa requirements for Gambian citizens:
Just a few items are required to complete the Rwanda e-Visa application from the Gambia. To meet the Rwanda visa requirements for Gambian citizens, travelers need:
- Valid passport: Travelers must have a valid passport issued in the Gambia. When arriving in Rwanda, the passport must be valid for at least 6 months. If the candidate's passport expires before that date, travelers must obtain a new passport before applying for a visa.
- A recent passport-size digital photo: The photo must be in color, from the hairline to the chin, with the eyes open.
- A scanned copy of the biographical page of your passport
- A current email address. This is where the authorities will send visa application updates.
- To enter the country, you must have a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 72 hours before departure.
- Confirmed flight tickets.
- Valid proof of accommodation.
Gambian travelers must print the valid e-Visa and bring it with them to their preferred Rwandan border point of entry. It is critical that they have the same Gambian passport that they used during the application process. This is because the e-Visa is directly linked to a single passport; if e-Visa holders present a different document, their visa will be deemed invalid, and they will be denied entry into the country.
Aside from presenting the documents, Gambian citizens crossing the Rwandan border must comply with Gambian authorities' requests and follow local customs regulations.
3. How to get a Rwanda e-visa for Gambian citizens:
It won’t take you more than 15 or 20 minutes to apply for the Rwanda e-visa for Gambian citizens. The procedure we devised is straightforward to carry out. All you need to do is follow the steps outlined below:
- Step 1: Complete the online application form with your personal information and choose your preferred processing option.
- Step 2: Check the information typed in the form for accuracy before proceeding with the payment via debit or credit card, Visa card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to our wire transfer through Bank of Cyprus
- Step 3: Download and print out the Rwanda e-visa
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
Applicants are advised to double-check all details before paying the fees and submitting the request. Mistakes or missing information could lead to delays and disrupt travel plans.
Once all the required information and the fee have been collected, the e-Visa will be sent to the email address provided. Supporting documentation must be submitted with the application. This ensures that visas are issued to travelers as soon as possible.
The typical approval time is slightly variable. Approvals are typically sent within three business days. Visas are sometimes granted within 24 hours of the application being submitted.
A visa may take up to 5 days if there is a delay. As a result, travelers should apply for a tourist visa at least one week before their arrival in Rwanda.
4. Rwanda e visa fees for Gambian citizens:
You can choose the processing time for your application at Rwanda e-Visa fees, and depending on this option, you will have to pay different fees.
These are the three processing options available to you. It is up to you to choose the best one based on your travel plans:
- Normal: While this may appear to be the longest processing time, your application will be processed within 3 business days. That doesn't seem like a long time, does it?
- Urgent: You can select this option if you want your application to be processed as soon as possible. Within 48 hours, your visa will be delivered to your e-mail inbox.
- Super urgent: This is the quickest option available. In just 24 hours, your visa will be ready for use. However, it will be more expensive.
Gambian citizens will have to pay two kinds of Rwanda e-visa fees to get an e-Visa to Rwanda, including a Rwanda e-visa service fee and a Rwanda Government fee.