Check Rwanda visa requirements for Eritrean citizens
Citizens of Eritrea can enjoy up to 30 days in Rwanda with the e-Visa. Rwanda e-visa for Eritrean citizens is single entry and valid for tourism and business.
It’s quick and convenient to apply for a Rwanda e-Visa from Eritrea. Travelers complete the form online and receive the approved visa by email.
This page explains Rwanda visa requirements for Eritrean citizens and the 3-step application process. There is also other important information about traveling from Armenia to Rwanda in 2022.
Rwanda e visa for Eritrean citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Eritrean citizens:
Eritrea is one of the countries whose citizens are eligible to apply for an e-visa without having to visit a local consulate or embassy.
Eritrean passport holders living abroad do not need to visit a Rwanda consulate or embassy to obtain a travel permit. Eritreans can apply for the Rwanda electronic visa instead of standing in long lines.
The Rwandan e-visa authorizes certain visitors to enter the country. One of the foreign visitors that can get this e-visa is Eritreans.
The Rwanda e-visa for Eritrean citizens can be used 30 days after arrival and it allows Single Entry.
The Rwanda e-visa application for Eritrean citizens is 100% electronic. Visitors can complete the e-Visa request from their smartphone, laptop, or another device.
To visit Rwanda for longer periods, Eritrean citizens should apply for a consulate visa at a Rwanda embassy in Eritrea
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
- Rwanda transit e-visa: The Transit e-Visa is an excellent option for Eritrean citizens who are in Rwanda for a particularly long layover and want to leave the airport, as well as for globetrotters who only want up to three days in total to explore Rwanda. It is a single-entry visa that expires three days after it is processed.
- Rwanda tourist e-visa:Want to spend more time in Rwanda? You will need a Rwanda tourist e-visa. The visa has a 30-day validity period after it has been granted for processing.
- Rwanda conference e-visa:This visa is intended for attending business meetings, conferences, and the like, and it allows you to stay in the country for a maximum of 30 days.
- East Africa e-visa: This visa is intended for single-entry travel to Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda. You can visit three countries and stay for up to 90 days with this visa.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Eritrean citizens:
Eritrean candidates have to meet all Rwanda visa requirements for Eritrean citizens before they can apply for a visa. They are required to have the following:
Rwanda e visa requirements for Eritrean citizens
- A valid Eritrean passport – All Eritrean applicants must have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel to Cambodia. The e-visa application may be denied if the applicant's passport does not meet this criterion.
- The passport must have at least one blank page for the Immigration Officer to stamp.
- A recent passport photo: Scan it before you apply so that you can include it with your application.
- Travel plans and a return ticket: Once you land, the Republic of Rwanda will want information about the purpose of your trip and how long you plan to stay.
- Yellow fever vaccination: While some countries do not require it, Rwanda does. However, it is always advisable to get vaccinated against yellow fever before traveling to Africa.
- A recently taken digital photo – A digital photo in PNG or JPEG format must be submitted by the applicant. The photo should be taken against a white background and within 6 months of the visa application.
- A current email address is required to provide the applicant with information about the-visa processing status. When the request is successful, the applicant will receive an email with a copy of the e-visa.
All visitors are advised to check Rwanda entry restrictions for traveling in 2022. A Form for Entry to Rwanda is mandatory for all passengers.
3. How to get a Rwanda visa online for Eritrean citizens:
Eritrean citizens who have access to a stable internet connection and an electronic device such as a phone, tablet, or computer can complete the Rwanda e-visa application online in just a few minutes.
Eritrean citizens can access the application form from anywhere in the world 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Applicants must provide essential personal and Eritrean passport information, such as:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Date of arrival and departure in Rwanda
- Passport number
The 3-step application process:
Step 1: Complete the Rwanda e-Visa application form.
Step 2: Pay the Rwanda visa processing fee.
Step 3: Submit the electronic application.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
Once they confirm that the information provided in the form is correct, Eritrean applicants must pay the Rwanda e-Visa fee. Payment is made securely online using a credit/debit card, VISA card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or bank transfer to our bank account.
The Rwanda e-visa for Eritrean citizens is sent to the applicant’s email address that they indicated in the application form. Candidates should print a copy of their e-Visa so that they can show it to Rwanda immigration officials at the border crossing if asked.
How to get a Rwanda e visa for Eritrean citizens
What is the Rwanda e-Visa processing time for Eritrean citizens?
Rwanda e-visas are typically processed immediately after the application is submitted. However, Eritreans should be aware that the process can take up to 24 hours. Delays can occur due to factors such as application form errors and omissions, high demand, or national holidays.
In the event of a form mistake, Eritrean applicants must start over and provide the right information.
This is why, even though the Rwanda e-visa processing time is usually quick, Eritrean nationals should start the application process at least 72 hours before travel.
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for Eritrean citizens
The waiting period and the cost for a Rwanda visa depend on which option you choose regarding the processing time of your application and the type of visa.
To apply for a Rwanda visa online, Ghanaian travelers have to pay two (02) kinds of Rwanda Visa Fee, which are Service fees and Government fees.
rwandaimmigration.org gives you three choices so that you can pick the one that best suits your needs:
- Normal: This has the longest processing time, but it is also the most affordable and comfortable option for the majority of travelers. However, it is not that long, as your application will be ready in less than 72 hours, or less than a day.
- Urgent: do you want to get your electronic visa faster? then you can pick this option instead. Your e-visa for Rwanda will be in your email inbox within 48 hours.
- Super urgent: This is the fastest option we can offer you. Your electronic visa for Rwanda will be delivered to your email inbox in only 24 hours.
In addition, we recommend that you should buy a Rwanda travel insurance