Rwanda Visa Requirements for Latvian Citizens 2023
Rwanda is known as the Land of a Thousand Hills and is a popular destination for gorilla tracking, which has aided the endangered species. The chance to see gorillas in their natural habitat is incredible. Trust the expert trackers and enjoy small, guided groups as you traverse bamboo-covered slopes and feel inspired as you observe these magnificent animals eating and sleeping during the day. Rwanda, Rwanda, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo are home to the critically endangered mountain gorilla. Tracking gorillas in Rwanda is a popular activity that is accessible to the majority of visitors.
According to the most recent gorilla census, there are 1,000 mountain gorillas in the wild and 604 in the Virunga Massif. Check out the Volcanoes National Park's twelve gorilla families. A silverback and a few females and young gorillas are usually present in the group. Park rangers keep an eye on them to keep them safe. Furthermore, groups of tourists can only spend one hour per day in contact with the gorillas.
It is relatively simple to travel to Oman if you are from Latvia. Because there is no need to visit the embassy, obtaining a Rwanda visa for Latvian citizens is simple. In fact, you do not require a Paper Visa, but rather a Rwanda e-Visa, which you can obtain at rwandaimmigration.org.
However, in order to answer your most common questions about this e-Visa, we have compiled useful information in this article to help you successfully complete the online form.
Rwanda visa for Latvian citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Latvian citizens:
To enter Rwanda for tourism, business, volunteering, or study, Latvian citizens or those traveling on a Latvian passport require a visa. Single-entry tourist visas are valid for 30 days and can be obtained at the border upon arrival by presenting a passport and supporting documentation.
However, there are frequent delays at immigration, and there are long lines during peak times.
Another option is to apply online before leaving your house. Rwanda visa from Latvia can be obtained up to three months before travel using the electronic visa application system.
The new system, which has recently been implemented for several nationalities, including Latvia, is far more efficient than applying in person. The simple online form is simple to use and allows applicants to move through immigration and border control much more quickly.
Rwanda electronic visa for Latvian citizens is a legal electronic document that allows you to visit Rwanda. If you apply for a Rwanda Tourist e-Visa, it will be electronically linked to your passport.
The application for a Rwanda e-Visa is completed entirely online and only takes a few minutes for travelers to apply. This eliminates the need to visit an embassy or consulate in advance of a trip.
Furthermore, travelers are not required to be in Rwanda to submit their applications. They can apply from anywhere in the world with internet access as long as they have the proper documents.
Visitors from Latvia must obtain an eVisa. Since the Rwanda visa was discontinued in 2018, the online platform is the only way to obtain a visa for short-term Rwanda visits.
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
Here are the Rwanda online visa types that can be used for tourism, business, and transit purposes:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: If you are traveling for tourism, this visa is available. It is valid for 90 days and allows only one entry into Rwanda within 30 days
- Rwanda transit e-visa: Looking to spend just a few days in Rwanda? If you have a tight schedule or anticipate a long layover in Rwanda, the Transit E-Visa is a great option. While waiting for their next flight, Latvian travelers can spend up to three days exploring the country. What better way to kill time? Get your Transit E-Visa now!
- Rwanda conference e-visa: If you are a Latvian national, you can apply for the Rwanda Conference E-Visa. If you want to attend or speak at a conference, meeting, or seminar in Rwanda, this travel document is available. If you're Latvian, you are able to stay in the country for 30 days Per Entry. Remember that this type of e-visa allows travelers one single entry only during the 3-month validity.
- East Africa e-visa: The visa entitles the holder to enter Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya. It has a 90-day maximum validity period and multiple entries.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Latvian citizens:
Latvian travelers must meet some Rwanda visa requirements and have the necessary documents in order to apply online before traveling to Rwanda. Latvian citizens must possess the following documents:
- Passport - All travelers wishing to obtain a Rwanda e-visa must possess a passport. Furthermore, the document must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda.
- At the same time, remember to scan and save the information page of your passport in any format. During the application process, you will be asked to submit it.
- The passport should also have at least two blank pages.
- A scanned copy of the passport information page
- Itinerary for a trip
- Digital passport photo - we recommend that the photo be taken as recently as possible and that it adheres to the other requirements of a valid passport photo.
- Valid e-mail address – as an online visa service, Rwandaimmigration.org will send you the visa in PDF format via e-mail. This is why you must provide a valid address.
Rwanda visa requirements for Latvian citizens
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Latvia:
Acquiring a Rwanda e-visa through rwandaimmigration.com's services is not difficult, and it may be one of the simplest aspects of your trip. The online form can be completed in under 10 minutes. In case you need assistance with the application, there is also an excellent support service that is available 24/7:
The first step is to fill out your basic information. In this step, you must also select one of the previously mentioned processing times.
The second stage will involve payment and revision. Payment can be made through the methods listed above. The revision is more important than you may realize, so never take it for granted. Because rwandaimmigration.org will process the information you have submitted immediately, it must be accurate and correct. A simple typo error can invalidate your visa.
The final step is to finish the process by clicking the submit button. All the required documents will be required to be sent through email.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
The Rwanda e-visa for Latvian citizens is obtained through a simple online application. The majority of the information that authorities will request is detailed in the preceding sections. Other questions may be more personal in nature, focusing on the traveler's medical and security backgrounds.
Travelers can expect a response within one to three business days after double-checking each answer for accuracy and submitting the application.
The entire process should take less than an hour, and you should have a final decision within 3 business days (although this may take longer due to demand or other factors).
Rwanda visa fees for Latvian citizens
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for Latvian citizens:
The visa processing time and the service fee are common concerns for travelers when it comes to this kind of service. It is not necessary to worry about that since Rwanda Immigration.com provides a fast service at a reasonable price.
The Rwanda e-visa fee is determined by the processing time you choose, and rwandaimmigration.com offers three excellent options if you are from Latvia. These are their names:
- Normal: Within 3 Business Days, your document will be processed.
- Urgent: Within 2 Business Days, your document will be processed.
- Super urgent: Within 1 Business Day, your document will be processed.
To apply for a Rwanda visa online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Rwanda Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee. In addition, we recommend that you should buy Rwanda travel insurance to deal with any unpredictable circumstances.
In case you have any questions left unanswered, please get in touch with our customer service center. They will provide further clarification on the Rwanda visa for Latvian citizens.
You can also reach us via email at [email protected].