Rwanda Visa South Africa Citizens - Visa Fees in 2024
The Rwandan Government requests visitors from South Africa to have a visa before traveling to this country. Although the Rwanda visa is available online, as a travel consultant, we can confirm that you will need to visit an embassy to obtain your visa. Instead of spending much time and money just on a short-term trip visa, you can choose to apply for a Rwanda visa for South African citizens.
If you’re traveling for tourism, then the Rwanda electronic visa can be your ideal option. You can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days once you have it. Continue reading to learn more about the Rwanda visa requirements for South African citizens.
1. Rwanda e-visa for South African citizens
The Rwanda e-Visa is an official travel document required for certain foreigners wishing to enter Rwanda. Because it is processed electronically, it is easier to obtain than a paper visa. With an e-visa, South African nationals may spend up to 30 days in Rwanda for tourism-related activities.
The fastest and most convenient method of getting a Rwanda e-Visa for South African citizens is to apply online. This electronic travel authorization allows South Africans to visit Rwanda for tourism/leisure, to visit family, or to transit through the country.
South African citizens planning to study, work, volunteer, seek medical treatment, or permanently relocate to Rwanda must apply for a visa in advance. This can be done by visiting the Rwanda embassy in South Africa
According to Rwanda’s current visa policy, there are 4 main types of Rwanda e-visas that South African citizens may use to visit Rwanda
- Rwanda e-Tourist Visa: This visa allows a single entry into Rwanda for a maximum of 30 days from the date of your entry.
- Rwanda conference Visa: It is issued for attending conferences inside Rwanda. With this type of e-visa, you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival.
- Rwanda transit visa: South African citizens who want to travel to another country but need to stop in Rwanda to transit through the country must obtain a transit visa. This e-visa type allows you to stay in Rwanda within 03 days from the date of your arrival.
- East African Online Visa: This e-visa type is designed for all visitors who wish to visit Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda with multiple entry permits. It allows for multiple entries into each of the three countries. Traveling between and within them is only permitted for tourism purposes (including family visits) and has a 90-day validity period.
2. Rwanda Visa Requirements for South African citizens
When applying for an electronic visa for Rwanda from South Africa, travelers must adhere to the requirements outlined in Rwanda's visa policy.
To meet the Rwanda e-Visa requirements for South African citizens travelers need:
- A South African passport is valid for at least 06 months from the date of your arrival.
- A portrait photo of yourself.
- A frequently used email address to receive your e-visa result.
South African passengers should obtain a new passport before applying for the Rwanda e-visa if their passport expires within 6 months and/or they do not have any blank pages left.
When South African citizens have gathered all of the required documents and complied with the current requirements for visas, they are ready to apply for a Rwanda e-visa.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa from South Africa:
The online process to get a visa to Rwanda from South Africa is very simple and quick. South African citizens can apply for a Rwanda e-visa by completing the online application form. There are 3 steps to take, and applicants from South Africa should expect to spend about 15 minutes on the whole thing.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda e-visa
Rwanda e-visa applications are typically processed within three business days of submission. In some cases, it may take longer, so South African citizens should apply for their Rwanda e-visa well in advance of their trip. Because of the nature of the electronic format, South African citizens will receive their approved Rwanda e-visa via the email address they provided when filling out the application form.
The approved Rwanda e-visa for South African citizens is electronically linked to the passport of the South African holder.
When entering Rwanda, it is recommended to bring a copy of the approved e-visa, as the border officer may ask to see it alongside the traveler's South African passport.
4. Rwanda e-visa for South African citizens fee and payment method:
To complete your payment, the first thing you need to know is that you are about to pay 02 kinds of Rwanda e-visa fees if you want to apply for a Rwanda e-visa for South African citizens: the government fee and the service fee. In addition, consider adding your Rwanda travel insurance to have an assured trip.
For the government fee, since South Africa is not on the exemption list of Rwanda, you are required to pay this fee, as a citizen of South Africa.
For the service fee, it is up to your choice of processing time. In total, there are 03 options with different processing times for you to choose from:
- Normal: this service type offers you a standardized processing time you will get your e-visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent: you will have a higher state of service when choosing this type. As a result, you will receive your e-visa in a guaranteed 48 hours.
- Super urgent: this e-visa is the highest priority type that can help you get your e-visa within 24 hours.
How safe is Kigali Rwanda?
Kigali, the capital city of Rwanda, was generally considered to be one of the safest cities in Africa. The Rwandan government has made significant efforts to maintain a safe and secure environment for residents and visitors alike.
Payment method: you can choose to pay in 02 ways: electronic payment (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Paypal) and wire transfer to the Bank of Cyprus
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, and car pick-up services in Rwanda