Rwanda Visa For German Citizens - Visa Fees September 2023
Rwanda remains one of the best East African destinations in the world thanks to the natural beauty and variety of tourist activities available, as well as the delicious cuisine, diverse culture, and friendly people. If you are a German citizen planning a trip to Rwanda, you will need a Rwanda visa for German citizens.
Rwanda's government has implemented an electronic visa program to expedite the arrival of German tourists planning to visit the country for short-term tourism.
The Rwanda e-visa program, which was introduced in 2018, is now available to citizens of more than 200 countries, including Germans
Unlike other visas, the Rwanda e-visa can be obtained entirely online and in as little as 15 minutes. Citizens of Germany are eligible to apply for a Rwanda electronic visa from the comfort of their own homes, eliminating the need for an in-person appointment at the embassy or the submission of a plethora of paperwork.
This article contains information about Rwanda visa requirements for German citizens and how to apply online in minutes.
1. Rwanda e-visa for German citizens:
The Rwanda e-visa is an electronic visa introduced by the Rwandan government in 2018 to expedite the visa application process for the country and eliminate the need for travelers to apply for a visa in person at an embassy or consulate.
One of the primary benefits of the Rwanda e-visa is that it allows over 200 nationals, including German citizens, to visit the country without first visiting a diplomatic mission.
The Rwanda e-visa for German citizens allows short-term stays for tourism, business, or transit. The electronic visa for Rwanda is valid for a period of 03 months from the arrival date.
Eligible passport holders can apply for a Rwanda e-visa by completing the simple Rwanda online visa application, which only takes a few minutes to complete with basic personal and passport information.
Visa applications must be made through the Rwanda embassy in Berlin if traveling from Germany to Rwanda for more than 30 days or for non-tourism purposes.
Rwanda Visa Types for German citizens:
There are 4 main types of visas for Germans traveling to Rwanda.
- Rwanda e-Tourist Visa: German tourists can use this travel authorization to visit Rwanda for tourism, leisure, and visiting family. The visa is valid for 03 months from the arrival date, allowing German citizens to stay in the country for 30 days with a single entry.
- Rwanda Conference Visa: The Rwanda Conference E-Visa is an electronic visa that allows German travelers to enter Rwanda to attend a conference, meeting, or seminar. The staying time of this visa is 30 days from the arrival date, and Germans can enter Rwanda once.
- Rwanda Transit Visa: If German travelers have a stopover in Rwanda en route to a third destination and need to leave the airport between flights, they can apply for a Rwanda transit. This transit period must be less than 72 hours.
- East Africa Visa: If Germans want to visit Rwanda, Uganda, and Kenya all in one trip, you should know that a Rwanda East Africa visa is also available to German citizens. It will save German applicants the trouble of applying for three different visas. This visa allows a stay for 90 days after arrival, and German nationals are permitted to enter between the 03 countries as many times as they wish.
2. Rwanda visa requirements for German citizens
To apply for a Rwanda visa online, German citizens must have certain documents and provide the authorities with certain information, including:
- A valid German passport: The traveler must have a German passport that is lawful and valid for at least 06 months at the time of arriving Rwanda, with at least 02 blank pages for entry/exit stamps.
- A copy of the passport’s biographical page: You must also provide a photocopy or scanned image of the biographical page of your original passport. The passport photo, as well as all personal information, must be visible.
- A passport-size photograph: A passport-sized photo is also required. Your head and shoulders must be clearly visible in the photograph. Other requirements must be met in order to submit the photo in the Rwanda visa application.
- A valid email: To receive the e-visa to Rwanda electronically, you must have a valid email address. It is recommended that you print a copy of your Rwanda electronic visa in case an immigration officer requests it when you enter the country.
If you meet all the Rwanda visa requirements for German citizens, your e-visa will be issued within a few days. A Rwanda e-visa for German citizens is valid for three months from the date of arrival.
It is the responsibility of all travelers from Germany to ensure that the information provided during the application process is accurate and matches the passport information. You are also advised to carefully read your application form before submitting it.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa from Germany:
To obtain a Rwanda visa for German citizens, travelers will need to fill out the online application form. The form is a simple questionnaire in which German applicants must provide personal and passport information.
German nationals can apply for a Rwanda visa online in 3 basic steps.
Before submitting their form, German citizens should carefully review their answers. Answers cannot be reversed. Any typos or missing information may result in the delay or even the denial of your application.
The visa processing time is dependent on the number of applicants and the date of application. If you apply for a visa with Global Immigration Services Limited, the approval process should take between 24 and 72 hours. We recommend that German nationals print out a copy and keep it with the rest of their travel documents.
4. Rwanda visa fee for German citizens:
The processing time you select not only determines how long you must wait for your Rwanda visa but also determines the cost you have to pay. The Rwanda visa fee is the same for the citizens of all eligible countries. Your nationality does not matter in deciding the visa fee. It only depends upon the type of visa you have selected.
To apply for a Rwanda visa, citizens of Germany have to pay two kinds of Rwanda visa fees including a Government fee and a service fee. In addition, we recommend that you should buy Covid-19 Insurance to protect your benefits while traveling to Rwanda.
There are 03 types of visa services you can choose from:
- Normal: You will receive the visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent: You need to pay a higher fee to obtain your e-visa within 48 hours.
- Super Urgent: Your Rwanda e-visa will be issued as soon as possible for a premium fee. With this type of service, you can obtain an e-visa within 24 hours.
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda