Rwanda visa requirements for Danish citizens
If you are planning a trip to Rwanda, you need to make sure you have everything you need. The country remains one of the best destinations in East Africa because of its nature and fun-packed tourist attractions, delicious cuisine, diverse culture, and friendly people.
If you plan on traveling to Rwanda, you will need a Rwanda visa for Danish citizens. Danish citizens can apply for a visa online and get the process completed in less than 10 minutes!
In addition, Danish citizens can also obtain a Rwanda visa from Denmark upon their arrival in Rwanda. However, this process is completely online.
1. Do Danish citizens require a visa for Rwanda?
Yes, Danish citizens must obtain a visa to enter Rwanda. A Danish citizen cannot enter Rwanda without a valid visa. The type of visa required to enter the country is determined by the specific needs and circumstances of the Danish traveler.
However, the Rwanda electronic visa is the best choice for short-term leisure trips
The Rwanda e-Visa is valid for 30 days starting from the date of arrival.
In general, Rwanda e-visa for Danish citizens has an unlimited validity time, which means you can use your e-visa until it is valid until used. There are 04 available types of Rwanda e-visa for Danish citizens:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: mainly used for tourism and visit purposes. With this type of e-visa, you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival.
- Rwanda Conference e-visa: this type is used when you need to join a conference inside Rwanda. With this type of e-visa, you have an allowance to stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival, and can be extended.
- Rwanda Transit e-visa: used when you need to transit in Rwanda or want to take a short trip within 03 days to Rwanda.
- East Africa e-visa: a combination e-visa that helps you travel to 03 countries: Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda. With this type of e-visa, you can stay in those countries for up to 90 days from the date of your arrival in Rwanda with multiple-entry in advance.
Travelers from Denmark who wish to stay for more than one month or for non-tourist purposes must obtain a visa through the embassy of Rwanda in Denmark.
2. Rwanda e-visa Requirements for Danish citizens
To apply for the Rwanda e-visa from Denmark, the traveler must meet the Rwanda visa requirements for Danish citizens
- A Danish passport which is valid for at least 06 months from the date of your arrival.
- A recent portrait photo
- In order to receive the e-visa, you must have an up-to-date email address.
Applicants from Denmark are ready to apply for the Rwanda e-visa once they have gathered all of the necessary documents and have met the current visa requirements for Danish citizens
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Denmark:
For Danish citizens, applying for a Rwanda e-visa is a simple and quick process. You can complete the process by selecting one of the three options and contacting the support team for assistance; they are available 24/7 to answer all of your questions.
Danish citizens can apply for a Rwanda visa online in 3 simple steps
- Step 1: Fill out the Rwanda e-Visa application form
- Step 2: Review and confirm payment of visa fees
- Step 3: Download the Rwanda e-Visa and print it out
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
Make sure you include the correct copies of all required documents and hit the submit button on time.
You would have been successful in obtaining a Rwanda visa for Danish citizens.
4. Rwanda e-visa fee for Danish citizens and payment method:
To complete your application process of Rwanda e-visa for Danish citizens, you need to get your payment done. For your information, there are 02 kinds of Rwanda e-visa fees you need to pay: the government fee and the service fee.
For the government fee, since Denmark is not on the exemption list of Rwanda, this fee is compulsory.
For the service fee, it will depend on the processing time you wish. There are 03 options in process time you can choose:
- Normal: this is a basic service which can help you get your e-visa within the standardized 03 business days.
- Urgent: you will get your e-visa within a guaranteed time of 48 business hours if you choose this service type.
- Super urgent: this is the service that gives you the highest priority. If you use this type of service, you can get your e-visa within 24 business hours.
Payment method: you can choose between electronic transfer (Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal) and wire transfer (direct HSBC bank transfer) to complete your payment.
Besides, Rwandaimmigration.org also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda