Check Rwanda visa requirements for French citizens
French citizens who wish to visit Rwanda must first obtain travel authorization.
Fortunately, the process of obtaining permission to enter Rwanda has been simplified by the introduction of the Rwanda e-Visa, which was introduced in 2018. This electronic visa is intended for tourism and available online.
This article will provide you all the information French citizens need to prepare to Rwanda with an electronic visa. Find out the Rwanda e-Visa requirements for French citizens and how to apply.
1. Rwanda e-Visa for French Citizens:
The Rwanda e-visa is an online visa available to tourists from approximately 250 countries worldwide, including France. It gives eligible visitors the permission to visit Rwanda for tourism and leisure purposes.
Rwanda electronic visa, which was first introduced in 2018, reduces the usual waiting period for standard visa applications at a Rwandan embassy or consulate.
The Rwanda visa online for French citizens is valid for 03 months from the arrival date.
French citizens can apply using the simple Rwanda visa online application, which takes only minutes to complete with basic personal and passport information.
French citizens who want to visit Rwanda for reasons other than those listed above, such as to work or live, should contact the Rwanda embassy in France for information on the necessary documents.
Types of Rwanda e-Visas available to French citizens:
There are 4 types of the Rwanda electronic visa available to French passport holders:
- Rwanda e-Tourist Visa: This single entry visa is suitable for the purposes of tourism and visiting family. It allows French applicants to stay in the country for 30 days from the arrival date.
- Rwanda Conference e-Visa: French citizens can apply for a Rwanda conference e-Visa if they are visiting Rwanda to do business-related activities. This single-entry visa permits French citizens to stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days.
- Transit Visa: Transit e-Visas for Rwanda allows the French visitors to transit in the country for a maximum of 03 days between flights.
- East Africa Visa: Instead of applying for three different travel documents, French citizens can obtain a Rwanda East Africa visa and have access to all three countries. However, you should be aware that in order for this type of visa to be valid, you must first enter Rwanda. French applicants can enter 03 countries as many times as they wish, with the duration stay of up to 90 days.
2. Rwanda visa requirements for French citizens:
The Rwanda electronic visa is available to French passport holders. We recommend that they first read through the French citizens' international travel requirements before proceeding to the application form. The following are the Rwanda e visa for French citizens:
- A French passport that is valid for at least 06 months after the planned arrival date, with a minimum of 02 blank pages for entry/exit stamps.
- Copy of the biographical page of the same passport
- An email address that the applicant has access to, where the e-Visa will be delivered, as well as any application-related notifications
- A digital photo: This must be a JPEG or PNG format headshot that meets all the standard passport photo requirements, including correct composition, size, lighting, and facial expression.
French nationals who have a passport that will expire in less than six months on the date they plan to visit Rwanda must renew it first before submitting their e-Visa application.
The e-Visa is a one-of-a-kind online visa that will be linked to the holders' passports automatically. It cannot be transferred to another travel document. This is especially important for French citizens who have dual nationality or who intend to renew their passport after obtaining the e-Visa.
Applicants from France are ready to apply for the Rwanda e-Visa once they have gathered all the necessary documents and have met the current visa requirements for French citizens.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa from France:
A French citizen who meets the Rwanda e visa requirements will be asked to complete a simple online application form. The process of applying for a Rwanda visa online from France is quick and straightforward.
French citizens can obtain the Rwanda visa for French citizens in 3 simple steps
Step 1: Fill out the application form online.
Step 2: Pay the application fee. French applicants can choose 02 payment methods for the e visa fee including: A Visa, Master Card, American Express, or PayPal or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account.
Step 3: Download the Rwanda e-Visa and print it out.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
Before submitting the Rwanda visa application form, double-check that all the information is correct. This is due to the fact that even the smallest error on the application form can result in processing delays or even application refusal.
The government of Rwanda examines all requests made by French citizens. If these are correctly submitted and meet the necessary requirements, the approved e-Visas will be issued and sent to the applicants via email.
French passport holders can expect to have the approval in their inbox within 24 hours, and at most in 03 business days.
The Rwanda e-Visa is automatically linked to the French holder’s passport. We recommend that French citizens print a copy and keep it with their travel documents before departing.
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda