Check Rwanda visa requirements for Taiwanese citizens
Rwanda is a land of misty rainforests, vast lakes, and mountains rising above humble farmland. While most visitors begin and end their journey in Kigali, Rwanda's main draw is undeniably its mountain gorillas, and our Africa specialists can include the best places to see them in your tailor-made trip.
Approximately half of the world's mountain gorillas live in the park, as do golden monkeys, buffalo, and forest elephants. Tramping through the moist, tangled rainforest can be difficult, but the first glimpse of a gorilla is well worth the effort. After your gorilla trekking adventure, there are plenty of other things to do in Rwanda. The Nyungwe Forest National Park is home to 13 primate species, including chimps. Meanwhile, Lake Kivu's sandy shores offer a respite from the jungle.
Are you planning a trip to Rwanda from Taiwan? Unless you're there for a connecting flight, you'll need to obtain a visa before entering the country. Fortunately, an E-Visa does not require you to visit an embassy or consulate. Beginning in 2018, the Republic of Rwanda began issuing E-Visas, which are easily obtained by Taiwanese citizens. This visa allows you to leave the airport once you arrive in Rwanda and gives you full access to the country's beautiful sights. Apply for a Rwanda visa online now!
The following article explains Rwanda’s visa requirements for Taiwanese citizens, visa fees, and how to apply.
Rwanda visa for Taiwanese citizens
1. Rwanda e visa for Taiwanese citizens:
Taiwanese citizens must hold a Rwanda visa to enter the country. Depending on the purpose and duration of their trip, Taiwan passport holders may be able to apply for an e-Visa for Rwanda.
The Rwanda visa electronic authorization document allows tourists from around 200 countries to enter Rwanda single times in an established time frame. Taiwan is one of these countries.
The Rwanda e-visa for Taiwanese citizens is an electronic visa that grants authorization to individuals who wish to travel to Rwanda.
Taiwanese citizens should be aware that the online Rwanda visa is valid for 03 months from the date of entry. A Rwanda tourist visa can now be obtained entirely online, removing the need to stand in long lines at an embassy or consulate in person to submit a visa application.
To visit the country for other reasons, such as business, work, or study, or for longer periods of time, a regular visa from the Rwanda embassy in Taiwan will be required.
Type of Rwanda e visas:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: is a travel authorization document that must be obtained prior to your departure date in order to enter and stay in the country for tourism purposes. This single entry visa is valid for 03 months from the arrival date, allowing Taiwanese citizens to stay in the country for up to 30 days. It can be extended.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: This type of visa is issued to a person who transits through Rwanda. A Rwanda transit e-visa permits a maximum duration of stay of 3 days and a single entry into Rwanda.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: This single entry visa is designated for attending business workshops, conferences, etc., and Taiwanese can stay there for a maximum of 30 days.
- East Africa e-visa: With this visa, Taiwanese can visit three countries ( Uganda, Kenya, and Rwanda) and stay there for up to 90 days. Multiple entries are permitted between these countries.
2. Rwanda e visa requirements for Taiwanese citizens:
There are only just a few online Rwanda visa requirements that Taiwanese citizens must meet. It is necessary to have:
- Valid passport: Before entering Rwanda, all Taiwanese citizens must have a valid passport. Please keep in mind that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in Rwanda.
- A recent passport photo: You’ll scan this and include it with your application.
- Digital Photo: A recent passport-size digital photo (in any format) will be required.
- An active email address: It is critical that you provide an email address that you check frequently because the approved e-visa will be sent to this address.
- Payment method — We accept the following payment methods: debit or credit card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Paypal, or wire transfer to the Bank of Cyprus.
The passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the date of entry into Rwanda. To be accepted, the photograph must meet Rwanda's visa photo requirements. There is no need for applicants to present paperwork at the embassy because the documents are submitted online.
Rwanda visa requirements for Taiwanese citizens
3. How to get a Rwanda e-visa for Taiwanese citizens:
When you get to the application form, you should know that Rwanda Immigration Services designed it as simple as possible so that you don't have to struggle to fill it out. However, if you require assistance, you can contact Rwanda Immigration Service's support service at any time.
The form is made up of three simple steps. The first one requests personal information such as your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address, and so on. At the same time, you must decide on the processing time and visa type. The second step is to revise your form and pay the visa fee, and the third is to submit your form as soon as you are finished. We will handle the rest.
Needless to say, getting a Rwanda e-visa for Taiwanese citizens is effortless with the Rwanda immigration services.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda online visa
Rwanda authorities assess the e-visa requests they receive. Typically, Taiwanese travelers will receive a response to their application within 72 hours. Successful applicants will receive a confirmation email containing the e-visa. When you receive it, you should print a copy and keep it with the rest of your travel documents.
How to get a Rwanda visa for Taiwanese citizens
4. Rwanda visa fees for Taiwanese citizens:
The Rwanda visa fees for Taiwanese citizens aren’t free, it has a price to pay. However, even with our services, these prices are reasonable. Remember to include the government fee as well as the service fees because we process your e-Visa faster so it is ready for your trip.
You can select one of the three options available at Rwanda Immigration Services:
- Normal: This is the most affordable and requested option. The application is completed within 3 Business Days.
- Urgent: Do you need your e-visa as soon as possible? You can pick this option instead. Your e-visa will be in your email inbox within 48 hours.
- Super urgent: The main feature of this type of process is the speed with which the visa is obtained, as it is obtained in about 24 business hours.
In addition, we recommend that you should buy a Covid travel insurance to have a secure trip to Rwanda.