Check Rwanda visa requirements for Nigerien citizens
The Republic of Rwanda is one of the smallest countries on the African continent. This small but powerful country is appealing to traders and people with business goals. Aside from traders and business people, Rwanda is also a popular tourist destination, thanks to its beautiful Nature reserve with wildlife and trails which can be found in places such as Mount Karisimbi, Mount Bisoke, Nyungwe Forest National Park, and others.
You can enter Rwanda with the Rwanda eVisa if you have a Nigerien passport. The procedure is straightforward and entirely completed on a digital platform. Rwandaimmigration.org can assist you with the application process. We also have a team of experts ready to answer any questions you may have.
Explore all the details about the Rwanda visa requirements for Nigerien citizens below.
Rwanda e-visa for Nigerien citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Nigerien citizens:
Rwanda has now launched a new e-Visa, which makes obtaining a visa for the country much easier for travelers around the world, including Nigeriens. Therefore, Niger travelers must apply for an e-visa to enter Rwanda.
The Rwanda e-visa for Nigerien citizens is available in a variety of forms. These are intended for various purposes, such as work and study visas, so you should determine which one applies to your specific situation. Rwanda online visas are available for tourism, leisure, and family visits. Rwanda eVisas can also be obtained for transit.
Nigeriens visiting Rwanda for reasons such as working, study or relocating should contact the Rwandan embassy in Niger for further information.
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
- Rwanda transit e-visa: A transit visa is required for those who intend to transit through Rwanda in less than 72 hours. It is NOT necessary to process any visa if you have a close connection or do not leave the airport.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: This visa is valid for 3 months from the issuance date and it is appropriate for Nigerien visitors whether you take part in conferences or meetings. This type of visa allows you to enter Rwanda once only and allows travelers a short-term stay of 30 days.
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: Travelers can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days for tourism purposes. The eVisa is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance, and the traveler must leave Rwanda before it expires.
- East Africa e-visa: Joint Tourist Visas are issued to tourists traveling to and within Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda in 90 days with multiple entries. This visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issue.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Nigerien citizens:
Before beginning an application, all applicants should consider the Rwanda visa requirements for Nigerien citizens. Here is a quick rundown of the travel documents and other items required for a Nigerien visitor to obtain an e-visa to enter the Republic of Rwanda:
- Every traveler who applies online must have a valid passport. At the same time, you must ensure that the document is valid for at least another 6 months after your departure date from Rwanda.
- At least two blank pages inside the passport are available for receiving exit/entry stamps at the Rwandan border.
- Digital photo which has been taken in the last 6 months.
- A scan of your passport's information page
- A valid email address - In order to receive your visa, you must provide a valid email address. Please double-check your spelling. It must be correct; otherwise, you will be denied your visa. We require your email address because the Rwanda Electronic Visa is issued online, so we must also communicate online.
Rwanda e-visa requirements for Nigerien citizens
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Niger:
Once the application process is open to travelers, you can apply through Rwanda Immigration Services. The application form consists of three simple steps:
1. Complete the online questionnaire with your personal information such as Full name, Date of birth, Nationalities, Date of arrival and departure in Rwanda and Passport Numbers. After that, Nigerien citizens must choose the processing speed for your application.
2. Confirm that all of the information you entered above is correct, and then pay the iVisa.com fee online.
3. Answer any additional questions about the e-visa application that the online poll has for you, and then click "SUBMIT”. All you have to do now is wait for the final results to arrive in your inbox.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
Processing times for a Rwanda e-visa from Nigeria can range from one to three business days. As a result, it is critical to submitting an application well in advance of the intended trip at least 7 days. This ensures that the visa is approved prior to the intended departure date.
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for Nigerien citizens:
The processing time and cost of Rwanda e-visas are common concerns for Nigerien citizens traveling abroad. Fortunately, Rwandaimmigration.org offers Rush Visa service at reasonable prices which eliminate the processing time of 24 hours.
There are 2 categories of e-visa that Nigerien travelers must pay are the government fee and service fee. The government fee is a sum of money that travelers must pay to the Rwanda government after submitting the application form. For the service fee, your visa cost will be affected by the processing time you choose.
Below are three options for Nigerien citizens from rwandaimmigration.org:
- Normal: It takes 72 hours to submit your application form and receive your e-visa results.
- Urgent: This option reduces the amount of time you have to wait by half, so your application will be processed within 2 Business Days.
- Super urgent: Select this processing time if you are in a hurry. It is the fastest option available which e-visa approval will be ready for you in just 1 business day. As you might expect, the price will be higher than the previous options.
In addition, we recommend that you should buy a Rwanda travel insurance for covering expenses when you lose your belongings and covering medical fees including Covid-19.