Check Rwanda visa requirements for Barbadian citizens
The African continent is a land rich in history and places that have preserved many things that are appealing to people of all ages.
Within that continent, there is a very interesting country called Rwanda, which is located on the Eastern side, but it becomes very appealing for visitors because of its extensive terrain with savannas, lakes, mountains, native vegetation, and fauna– a place that everyone wants to know.
To visit this land, there are regulations given by the Rwandan Government; in the case of other nationalities, you must have a visa. Countries such as Barbados are within the list of those who can apply for a Rwanda visa online.
For a Barbadian citizen, obtaining a visa is the first step to visiting Rwanda. Some permits are granted as a result of these, such as going to visit, traveling as a tourist, or doing business in the country.
It is important to note that visas are not only issued in the traditional format but an E-Visa modality is also being issued.
1. Rwanda e-visa for Barbadian citizens:
A Rwanda visa for Barbadian citizens is a simple way to travel to Rwanda without having to obtain a regular visa from the Embassy. A Barbadian resident, like residents of most other countries, can apply for a Rwandan e-visa electronically, as they will have the option of applying for an online visa.
In 2018, the Government of Rwanda (officially known as the Republic of Rwanda) introduced an electronic visa program, which greatly simplified the process of obtaining entry for travelers from Barbados and other parts of the world.
Barbadian travelers must note that the online Rwanda visa is a single-entry travel permit that is valid for 03 months from the arrival date. The easiest and most straightforward visa for Barbadian citizens to obtain is the Rwanda electronic visa.
Those who wish to travel to the country for other purposes should contact the Rwanda embassy in Barbados for further information.
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
E-Visas are a new option for Barbadian citizens because they avoid the use of traditional paper by replacing the online process, making the process more dynamic, particularly for those who are still in their country of origin.
Similarly, 04 types are identical to the traditional visa format: the tourist E-Visa, the transit E-Visa, the conference E-Visa, and East Africa
- Rwanda transit e-visa: The Transit e-Visa allows you to leave the airport and stay in Rwanda for up to 03 days. Please keep in mind that it is not required if you are taking a connecting flight (as long as you do not leave the airport).
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: You can use this e-visa to visit friends and family, and explore Rwanda's beautiful country. You'll have plenty of time to see the sights once you've entered. Visitors with an approved e-Visa can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days from the arrival date for tourist activities with a single entry into the country.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: It is useful for people doing business in Rwanda to do so legally and regulated by the government. This single-entry e visa allows Barbadian citizens to stay in the country for 30 days from the date of arrival.
- East Africa e-visa: If you want to see what East Africa has to offer, this is the way to go. This e-Visa allows you to visit Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya on the same trip, ensuring that you have a rich experience in the region. With this visa, you must enter Rwanda first and stay in the 03 countries for up to 90 days in total.
2. Rwanda visa requirements for Barbadian citizens:
Just a few documents are required to request a Rwanda visa from Barbados. Travelers need to provide:
- A Valid Passport – Barbadian residents will be unable to apply for an e-visa to Rwanda unless they have a valid passport. Furthermore, the passport must be valid for at least 06 months from the date of entry into Rwanda, with a minimum of 02 unused pages for verification.
- A scanned copy of the passport's information page.
- A recent photograph of the traveler. It should be noted that the photograph must be taken in the last 06 months, with a clear face against a white/plain background.
- A valid email address is required while registering through our online portal, as the process is done entirely on an online basis. The e-visa to Rwanda will be attached in PDF format and emailed to the traveler.
Similarly, because the Rwanda e-visa service is paid via a secure online platform, we recommend they ensure their bank card is activated for international online payments.
Once granted, the Rwanda e-visa will be electronically linked to the applicant's passport, which must be used to enter Rwanda. Barbadian visitors must arrive in Rwanda with the same passport they used to apply for their e-Visa.
3. How to get a Rwanda e-visa for Barbadian citizens:
The Rwanda electronic visa application is a fast 10- to-15-minute form that will require the Barbadian applicants to provide information and supporting documents.
The personal information section of the application form will include identity information such as:
- Full name, gender, date, and country of birth
- Passport number.
- Intended date of arrival/departure in Rwanda
Travelers who meet the Rwanda e-visa requirements for Barbadian citizens can apply online in 03 steps:
- Step 1: Fill in the application form with personal information and select types of visa.
- Step 2: Make the payment by using Visa, Mastercard, or PayPal.
- Step 3: Download and print out the Rwanda e-visa.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
While filling up the online form, Barbadian applicants must be very careful and double-check all the information, since any mistakes might cause the delay or denial of their application.
Barbadian citizens will receive an email with the outcome to the address provided. Most messages are delivered within the following 24 hours, and not later than 72 hours.
4. Rwanda visa fees for Barbadian citizens:
To process their Rwanda visa application, all Barbadians must pay a fee. Barbadian citizens need to pay for 02 types of fees: The Government fee and the Service fee.
The Government fee is mandatory for Barbadians since their country of origin is not on the exemption list of Rwanda e visa.
Because it eliminates the need for trips to the embassy, the Rwanda e-Visa is a cost-effective option for Barbadians. The entire procedure is carried out online.
Rwanda visa fees are paid securely online with a debit or credit card, American Express, Visa Card, Master Card, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account.
The service cost depends on the type of e-Visa and the processing time you choose. At rwandaimmigration.org, we offer 03 processing options, each of these with faster processing times. To give you a better idea of the price, keep in mind the following:
- Normal: This is the least expensive choice, and that's why many applicants prefer it. You’ll receive your e-Visa in only 03 business days
- Urgent: With this option, you’ll get your e-Visa in 02 business days
- Super urgent: Your visa to Rwanda will be ready in only 01 business day.
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda