Check Rwanda visa requirements for Peruvian citizens
If you are a Peruvian citizen looking to spend your next vacation in Rwanda, you should know that you can now obtain a visa. That means you can bypass the Rwanda diplomatic mission entirely and apply for a Rwanda visa for Peruvian citizens, which greatly simplifies the process. Furthermore, you can apply online and avoid going anywhere. All you need is an internet-connected device. Rwanda immigration services can assist you with the process, which should take no longer than 10 minutes.
Rwanda e-visa for Peruvian citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Peruvian citizens:
Before entering Rwandan territory, all Peruvian citizens must obtain a visa. Fortunately, in cases where Peruvian citizens must travel for tourism, transit, leisure, or visiting family in the country, the process is quite straightforward and simple via electronic visa application.
Peruvians who want to visit Rwanda should be aware that they are eligible to apply for the Rwanda e-visa.
The Rwandan government launched the electronic visa program in 2018. This change made it easier for Peruvians and other eligible nationals to obtain a visa to enter Rwanda.
The Rwanda visa for Peruvian citizens is valid for up to 30 days from the date of arrival. You can also only enter the country once with this visa.
One of the primary benefits of the Rwanda e-visa is that it allows over 100 nationals, including Peruvian citizens, to visit the country without first visiting a diplomatic mission.
Visitors from Peru should be aware that the visa application process is straightforward and takes no more than 10 minutes to complete.
For other purposes, such as working, studying, or residing in Rwanda, Peruvian citizens should contact at Rwanda embassy in Peru
Types of Rwanda e-visas:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: If Peruvians are visiting Rwanda for leisure or tourism, they should apply for a Rwanda tourist e-Visa, which is a single-entry travel permit that allows holders to stay for up to 30 days within a 3-month period.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: The Transit e-Visa is the most convenient option for busy travelers. Travelers from Peru can stay in Rwanda for up to three days with this e-Visa. Long layovers are made more bearable with a Transit e-Visa.
Travelers who are only in the airport for a connecting flight do not need a visa, but it is worthwhile to spend a few days in Rwanda.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: You can obtain the Rwanda Conference E-Visa as a Peruvian citizen. You can use this electronic visa to travel to Rwanda to attend or speak at a conference, meeting, or seminar. The Rwanda visa is valid for a maximum of 30 days from the date of entry. It also permits a single entry for a maximum of a 30-day stay in Rwanda.
- East Africa e-visa: This is the e-Visa option for travelers seeking the most authentic East African experience. With the East Africa e-Visa, you'll have the same amount of time in Rwanda, but you'll also have access to Uganda and Kenya, which you can enter and exit whenever you want. With the East Africa e-Visa, you can stay 90 days in total in neighboring countries (Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya).
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Peruvian citizens:
Rwanda immigration services will do most of the work for you, but you need to provide a few things to help them get started. Below you will find a list of Rwanda e-visa requirements for Peruvian citizens that you need in order to apply online:
- A passport that is valid for six months from the date of entry.
- At least two blank pages inside the passport are available for receiving exit/entry stamps at the Rwanda border.
- A recent passport photograph of the applicant. This must be a color photograph taken within the last six months, against a white background, with a neutral expression.
- A current email address at which to receive the approved Rwanda e-visa for Peruvian citizens
When traveling abroad, visitors are encouraged to read the general visa requirements for Peruvians.
Rwanda e-visa requirements for Peruvian citizens
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Peru:
To apply for a Rwanda visa online, travelers to Rwanda must go online and fill out a simple online application. The traveler must complete the form with basic information such as first, middle, and last names, nationality, gender, and phone number. Applicants must also provide their birth date, country of birth, country of residence, passport number, and nationality. It is also necessary to specify the expected arrival and departure dates in Rwanda.
To avoid visa refusal, applicants should ensure that all the information provided on the Rwanda e-visa application is correct and matches the information on their passports. It's also worth noting that e-visa applications are only processed in Rwanda on business days.
Travelers will receive an approved visa via email after completing the online Rwanda visa application for Peruvian citizens. They will be able to enter Rwanda after that by presenting their e-visa and passport at a border entry checkpoint.
Applicants can easily check their Rwanda Visa status online by entering their application reference number. It is best to check the status after three business days, as this is the standard e-visa processing time. If you haven't received your e-visa after three business days, check the Spam, Junk, Archived Folders, or Trash folders in your email inbox.
In some cases, travelers must renew their visas online because their e-visa has expired due to a change in travel plans. If this occurs, you will need to renew your visa in order to travel to Rwanda.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for Peruvian citizens:
Rwanda e-visa fees for Peruvian citizens
When you apply for your Rwanda e-visa as a Peruvian citizen, you are required to pay a fee. The Rwanda e-Visa fees will vary depending on how quickly you need this document. At Rwanda Immigration Services, we've created an online service that allows you to get your e-Visa as quickly as possible for a low cost.
Our prices include the government fee, so you don't need to add anything else. These are our processing options, along with their associated costs:
- Normal: This is an excellent choice for travelers who plan ahead of time. Your application will be processed within 72 hours.
- Urgent: You can choose this option if you want your application to run much faster. Within 48 hours, your visa will be delivered to your e-mail inbox.
- Super urgent: This is the best option if you need to travel as soon as possible. In just 24 hours, your visa will be ready.