Check Rwanda visa requirements for Swaziland citizens
It is always a good idea to do some research on the visa policies of any foreign country you have never visited before. The same is true for Rwanda. Many nationalities are exempt from requiring a visa, but others are not. Nonetheless, Rwanda has an electronic visa system, so you may be able to apply for a Rwanda visa online. Rwanda Immigration Services can help with this. We can assist you in obtaining it with minimal efforts. Read on to learn more about the Rwanda e-visa requirements for Swaziland citizens.
Rwanda e-visa for Swaziland citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Swaziland citizens
Swaziland citizens who wish to visit Rwanda for tourism or business must obtain a visa before entering the country. Although travelers can apply for a visa at an embassy or at the border once they arrive in the country, long lines are common, especially during peak hours. Rwanda, on the other hand, has improved its visa processing service and now provides a Rwanda eVisa system.
In January 2018, a simplified visa application scheme for various nationalities, including Swaziland citizens, was launched, providing visitors with an alternative and hassle-free option. Travelers can now apply for a visa online before arriving in Rwanda, eliminating the need to visit an embassy or wait in line at the border. It aims to increase tourism in the country while also improving border security.
Rwanda e-Visas (also known as Rwanda Entry e-Visas) are required for Swaziland nationals wishing to enter Rwanda. Due to the fact that it is processed electronically, it is not as difficult to obtain as a paper visa.
The Rwanda e-visa for Swaziland citizens is valid for 03 months from the arrival date, permitting a single entry into the country.
The Rwanda online visa is valid for tourism, leisure, and visiting family in the country. It is also possible to obtain a Rwanda e-Visa for transit purposes.
Swaziland nationals visiting Rwanda for reasons other than tourism or visiting family should enquire at the embassy of Rwanda in Swaziland
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: Would you like to spend more time in Rwanda? The Tourist e-Visa is a good option to consider. The E-Visa does not allow you to work or study in Rwanda, but you can relax or visit friends and family. Or, you can just explore the sights. After entering Rwanda, you'll have 30 days to explore the country's beautiful sights. With our secure and convenient online application, you can obtain your Tourist E-Visa today. Verification is quick and easy!
- Rwanda conference e-visa: This electronic visa allows you to attend a conference, meeting, or seminar in Rwanda. Whether you are a speaker or an attendant, this visa is right for you. Rwanda Conference E-Visas are valid for a maximum of 90 days with one entry, allowing you to stay in the country for 30 days from the arrival date.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: Just passing through Rwanda for a few days or having a long layover and want to learn about the local culture? The Transit e-Visa may be ideal for you. Swaziland citizens can stay in Rwanda for up to 03 days with this e-Visa.
- East Africa e-visa: Many travelers visit Rwanda, Uganda, and Kenya on the same trip. In place of applying for 03 different travel documents, you can obtain an East Africa visa and gain access to all three countries. For this scheme to work, you must enter Rwanda first. Rwanda East Africa visas are different from Rwanda visas. You can stay in these East African countries for 90 days.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Swaziland citizens:
Rwanda e-visa requirements for Swaziland citizens
Rwanda Immigration Services offers one of the most straightforward services available. All it takes is a small amount of effort. You simply need to provide what is required for the process to proceed. The following is a list of Rwanda e-visa requirements for Swaziland citizens:
- Passport - ensure that the document is valid for at least 6 months after your arrival in Rwanda and has at least 02 blank pages.
- A recent passport photo - Only scan of the passport’s biographical page is required.
- Photograph of the applicant - the photograph must be recent and taken against a white background.
- Email address - This is required because the Rwanda visa is delivered via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – Rwanda Immigration Services allows multiple methods of payment. You can use a Credit/debit card, Visa card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to the Bank of Cyprus.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Swaziland:
After gathering the necessary documents, the application form for a Rwanda e-Visa should be carefully filled out and submitted. The application requests basic information from the Swaziland applicants.
Although this form was designed to be as simple and straightforward as possible, all information must be double-checked before submission. If there are any inconsistencies or incorrect details, the application may be delayed or even rejected, necessitating the submission of a new application (including the application fee).
Applicants from Swaziland should expect to provide the following information when filling out the application form:
- Visa details (number of applicants, type of visa, processing time)
- Full name, birthdate, nationality, gender
- Passport number
- Date of arrival and departure in Rwanda
The online application process for a Rwanda visa for Swaziland citizens is very simple. If you decide to apply for it, simply follow these steps:
- To begin, fill out the application form on our website and choose the best processing speed for your e-Visa.
- Second, you must confirm that the information you previously wrote is correct and pay the fees.
- When you're finished, click “submit”. Your eVisa application will be processed within a few days.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
Rwanda eVisa’s processing time for Swaziland citizens
Rwanda's e-Visa application is a very quick process that can be completed in 15 minutes and takes up to 3 days to be approved, though most are sent before that timeframe.
If there are errors or missing information in the form, the application will be delayed. Travelers from Swaziland should be aware that this issue may result in a visa denial.
Swaziland applicants must print out the document, which will be sent in PDF format, once they receive their approved authorization in their email accounts. When arriving in Rwanda, the document, along with the passport, must be presented at the immigration counter.
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for Swaziland citizens:
The cost of a Rwanda visa for Swaziland citizens is determined solely by two factors: processing time and visa type. Both must be selected during the application process. Rwanda Immigration Services provides 03 options for the former:
- Normal: If you choose this option, we will process your visa in 03 business days.
- Urgent: If you choose this option, you will receive your visa in 02 business days.
- Super urgent: If you select this option, please be aware that it is the quickest option available. You will have your Rwanda e-visa in your hands in only 1 business day, which is fantastic!
Besides, we recommend that you should buy Rwanda travel insurance to ensure a smooth trip to Rwanda.