Rwanda Visa For US Citizens: A Step-By-Step To Get For Visa
- 1. Rwanda e-visa for US citizens:
- 2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for US citizens:
- 3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa from the United States:
- 4. Rwanda e-visa fee for US citizens:
From touching encounters with mountain gorillas to breathtaking views of stunning landscapes, Rwanda is a destination unlike any other. Rwanda's true gems – the sincere, proud people and majestic, mysterious wildlife – are set against a stunning backdrop of volcanic mountains, dense forests, tranquil lakes, and lively towns.
If you want to travel to Rwanda, you must know that you will need a Rwanda e-Visa for US citizens. The Rwanda tourist visa for U.S. citizens is now available online—visitors from the United States can apply from home and receive the approved visa by email. The Rwandan government introduced the Rwandan e-visa to make it easier to obtain a visa for citizens of over 200 countries. In order to obtain a Rwanda visa for US citizens, you must first meet the Rwanda e-visa requirements for US citizens.
1. Rwanda e-visa for US citizens:
One of the most frequently asked questions about visiting this African country is, "Do US citizens need a visa to visit Rwanda?"
The answer is Yes. Travelers from the United States who wish to enter Rwanda need a valid electronic visa (also known as a Rwanda e-visa) if they want to travel to this country. Applying online is the most convenient and fastest way to obtain a Rwanda e-visa for US citizens.
American nationals need a Rwanda visa to stay for longer than 1 month or for non-tourism purposes. This can be done by visiting the Rwanda embassy in the United States
What is the Rwanda e-visa for US citizens?
The Rwanda electronic visa allows citizens from eligible countries from the government list to visit the country for a short stay for tourism or business purposes.
As a result, citizens of over 100 countries, including the United States, are eligible to apply for a tourist visa to Rwanda using the e-visa application form.
The government of the Republic of Rwanda implemented the Rwanda visa online service to expedite the visa application process for eligible citizens.
Benefits of applying for a Rwanda visa from the United States
There are numerous advantages when applying for the Rwanda e-visa, but perhaps the most convenient is that the entire process is completed online, eliminating the need for Americans to visit a Rwandan diplomatic mission in person. In addition, applying online for a Rwanda visa can also help the applicants save a lot of time and cost.
As a result, the Rwanda online visa is the most convenient travel document for Americans planning to visit the country.
The type of Rwanda visa for US citizens:
Rwanda e-visa is the way of getting a Rwanda visa online. There are 4 main types of Rwanda visas for US citizens:
- Rwanda e-Tourist Visa: The Rwanda e-tourist visa allows you to stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days from the date of your entry.
- Rwanda Conference Visa: You can apply for a Rwanda Conference E-Visa online if you want to attend a conference, meeting, or seminar organized in Rwanda. The Rwanda Conference e-visa has a validity of 03 months from the arrival date and permits you to stay in the country for 30 days from your entry date in Rwanda.
- Rwanda Transit Visa: This visa allows American visitors to transit through Uganda to the next destination and have a short trip of fewer than 03 days.
- Rwanda East Africa Visa: If you want to visit Rwanda, Uganda, and Kenya all in one trip, you should know that a Rwanda East Africa visa is also available to US citizens. It will save you the trouble of applying for three different visas. However, you should be aware that in order for this type of visa to be valid, you must first enter Rwanda. The duration of stay of an East Africa Visa is 90 days from the arrival date and you can enter the 03 countries as many times as you wish.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for US citizens:
- A valid passport issued by the United States, with at least two blank pages and a minimum validity period of 6 months from the date of entry.
- Digital copies of American passport's biographical pages.
- Digital Photo: The applicants from the United States must submit a recent passport-sized photo in either JPEG or PNG format.The photograph should have been taken within the last six months against a white background.
- A valid email address. Because the visa will be emailed to successful applicants, you must still be able to access the email address that you provide in the form.
- A valid form of payment, such as a Visa, Master Card, American Express, or PayPal or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account
American visitors traveling to Rwanda in 2022 should also update the latest COVID-19 entry requirement for Rwanda.
In the case that the passport is due to expire within 6 months and/or there are no blank pages remaining, American citizens should acquire a new passport before obtaining a visa for Rwanda from the United States
When all of these requirements are met, American citizens can move on to the next step: applying for a Rwanda electronic visa.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa for US citizens:
United States passport holders can get a visa for Rwanda from the US online in 3 simple steps
It is critical that all information and documentation be available to ensure that this application process runs as smoothly as possible.
Applicants are advised to double-check all of the details before paying the fees and submitting the request. Mistakes or missing information could lead to delays and disrupt travel plans.
Rwanda online visa’s processing time for US citizens
Applying for a Rwanda e-visa with Global Immigration Service Limited usually takes a maximum of three business days to process your application. The Rwanda e-visa will be emailed to the address specified on your application form once it has been approved. Applicants from the United States are required to print out a copy of their Rwanda e-visa to bring on their trip to Rwanda. Upon arrival, you must present it to border officials who will stamp it and grant you a Rwanda visa. You will also be required to present the passport that you used to apply for your Rwanda e-visa. American citizens with dual nationality must travel with the proper passport.
4. Rwanda e-visa fee for US citizens:
The Rwanda e-visa fee for US citizens includes the service fees and government fee.
The Rwanda e-visa government fee: The Rwanda e-visa government fee is the total amount paid by the applicant to the Rwanda Immigration Department for the processing of their electronic visa. American travelers need to pay this fee since America is not on the exemption list of Rwanda e-visa.
Rwanda Visa Service Fee:
- Normal: You will receive the visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent: Decide to pay a little more to get your visa in less time. You will get your e-visa within 48 hours.
- Super Urgent: Your Rwanda e-visa will be issued as soon as possible for a premium fee. With this type of service, you can obtain an e-visa within 24 hours.
Besides, Rwanda Immigration Services also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda
Rwanda Visa Requirements for United States Citizens FAQs
If US citizens are questioning whether they need a visa for Rwanda, then the answer is YES. In 2018, the Rwanda government made an e-visa digital system available for more than 100 countries to apply for an e-visa online and receive it in a matter of days. The United States is one of the eligible countries for being granted an e-visa through the online system. As a result, citizens of the US must own a valid visa in order to enter Rwanda easily.
Previously, US citizens would schedule an in-person interview with embassies or consulates and waste a lot of time waiting in a long line. The price is also costly when they have to find the nearest country which has the Rwanda Embassy. However, there is one Rwanda Embassy right in the US nation. Nowadays, there are no worries because all travelers from the US can apply for an e-visa totally online at Rwanda Immigration Services in just a few minutes.
Once US citizens apply for an e-visa, the result will be sent to their email. Remember to print it out before going to the airport. The border control will accept the paper document only and reject the digital one. At the moment, there are 2 specific airports that accept e-visa at Rwanda are Kamembe and Kigali International Airport. The US can choose 1 in 2 airports to enter Rwanda using e-visa.
YES, US nationals definitely can travel to Rwanda. As long as they have a valid visa, they can enter Rwanda whenever they want. Being the best hygiene Africa country in the world, Rwanda attracts more visitors from around the world to come here to enjoy the beauty of this country. This small country is a rendezvous for tourists who love to explore because this place is the convergence of aboriginal tribes with many distinctive cultural colors, strictly preserved nature, with a strong stable political background.
Since June 2020, Rwanda has reopened the door for US citizens to travel after being restricted by the Covid-19 pandemic. It means that travelers from the US can enter Rwanda freely for the purposes of tourism, conference and transit by getting an e-visa.
In order to meet the e-visa requirements, before applying, US nationals should prepare all the necessary documents first. There are some requirements below that US travelers must adhere to obtain an e-visa in a fastest way:
- A 6-month passport validity from the date of entry and 2 or more blank pages for stamping.
- A scan copy of digital passport biographical page
- Colored digital photo in any format
- A valid email address - in order to receive the electronic visa
Once you apply for Rwanda e-visa, you must pay the Rwanda government charge and service charge. Therein, the government charge can not be refunded once applied. The service fee can vary depending on the type of e-visa and the process time to obtain an e-visa that Nigerian nationals want to choose. In case Nigeria travelers want to receive Rwanda e-visa sooner, they must pay a much higher fee when applying for an e-visa.
At Rwanda Immigration Services, after choosing and double checking the information in application form, we are recommending Nigerian visitors make payment by electronic payment method such as credit card/ debit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express or Paypal) and wire transfer to the Bank of Cyprus. All payments that are mentioned can be acceptable, others that are not in the lists are not acceptable.
All your payment process will be protected on a secure website using a firewall to prevent all information such as Nigerians’ personal information and card number to be leaked out for any nefarious purposes. Moreover, all your information will be encrypted then sent to us. So do not worry about whether your information might be leaked or not because we are taking precautions from being lost, missed use and unauthorized access.
Service fees and government fees are included in the cost of the Rwanda e-visa for US nationals.
- The government's e-visa charge for Rwanda: The entire sum that the applicant must pay to the Rwanda Immigration Department in order for their electronic visa to be processed is known as the Rwanda e-visa government fee. Because America is not on the Rwanda e-list visa's of exempt countries, travelers from that country must pay this cost. One thing to remember is that the government fees can not be refunded once US citizens send a request. This cost may range from 90$ to 150$ depending on which types of visa that US travelers apply for.
- The service fees: This fee is depending on the time to process the e-visa.
There are 3 processing time frame for US travelers provided by Rwanda Immigration Services:
- Normal: This is the cheapest option for those who want to obtain an e-visa within 3 working days.
- Urgent: This option may cost higher for those who want to get an e-visa within 2 working days.
- Super Urgent: Just only within 24 hours, US travelers can receive an e-visa. As might be expected, the cost will be expensive but it is very helpful when emergency situations occur.
The length of the stay in Rwanda depends on which types of e-visa US travelers register. Citizens of the US nation can enter Rwanda with the reasons of tourism, visit friends or relatives, conference and transit. Generally, there are 4 main types of e-visa that meet the demand of US travelers:
- Tourist e-visa: This visa allows US citizens to stay in Rwanda for 30 days from the date of issuance. With this type of visa, travelers can meet their loved one and witness the beautiful landscapes of Rwanda.
- Conference e-visa: US travelers can apply for conference e-visa for engaging in an international conference, meetings within a maximum of 30 days from the date of arrival.
- Transit e-visa: This type of visa gives US travelers permission to stay in Rwanda for 3 days with the condition that their final destination is not Rwanda. However, you can visit this country within 3 days to explore the vibrant culture and significant cuisine.
- East Africa e-visa: US citizens can use this type of visa to travel between 3 countries Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda in one trip. It will help travelers eliminate the step that they have to apply 3 times for each country. The duration of this stay is up to 90 days in total.
If US citizens are confused about whether they can seek employment in Rwanda? The answer is NO. US citizens can only apply for an e-visa for short-term business trips. As mentioned before, conference e-visa is the most suitable for US citizens who want to take part in business activities such as a conference, meetings, discussions that take place in Rwanda. This type of visa is valid for 3 months after being issued. During this time, US nationals can enter and engage in business once only for 30 days before your visa expires.
In order to obtain an e-visa , Rwanda Immigration Services provide a fast and easy-to-use online portal to US travelers can access and apply by following 3 simple steps:
- On the first step, the application online forms must be done with exact passport and personal information by US citizens.
- On the second step, US nationals are required to choose the payment method and pay for e-visa fees on a secure platform. Please note that to check your information twice to ensure that all your information is correct before making a payment.
- On the final step, US citizens will receive the electronic visa as a file PDF. Remember to print out at least 1 copy of the document before going to the border control at the airport.