Check Rwanda visa requirements for US citizens
From touching encounters with mountain gorillas to breathtaking views of stunning landscapes, Rwanda is a destination unlike any other. Rwanda's true gems – the sincere, proud people and majestic, mysterious wildlife – are set against a stunning backdrop of volcanic mountains, dense forests, tranquil lakes, and lively towns.
If you want to travel to Rwanda, you must know that you will need a Rwanda e-Visa for US citizens. The Rwanda tourist visa for U.S. citizens is now available online—visitors from the United States can apply from home and receive the approved visa by email. The Rwandan government introduced the Rwandan e-visa to make it easier to obtain a visa for citizens of over 200 countries. In order to obtain a Rwanda visa from the US, you must first meet the Rwanda e-visa requirements for US citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for US citizens:
One of the most frequently asked questions about visiting this African country is, "Do US citizens need a visa to visit Rwanda?"
The answer is Yes. Travelers from the United States who wish to enter Rwanda need a valid electronic visa (also known as a Rwanda e-visa) if they want to travel to this country. Applying online is the most convenient and fastest way to obtain a Rwanda e-visa for US citizens.
American nationals need a Rwanda visa to stay for longer than 1 month or for non-tourism purposes. This can be done by visiting the Rwanda embassy in the United States
What is the Rwanda e-visa for US citizens?
The Rwanda electronic visa allows citizens from eligible countries from the government list to visit the country for a short stay for tourism or business purposes.
As a result, citizens of over 100 countries, including the United States, are eligible to apply for a tourist visa to Rwanda using the e-visa application form.
The government of the Republic of Rwanda implemented the Rwanda visa online service to expedite the visa application process for eligible citizens.
Benefits of applying for a Rwanda visa from the United States
There are numerous advantages when applying for the Rwanda e-visa, but perhaps the most convenient is that the entire process is completed online, eliminating the need for Americans to visit a Rwandan diplomatic mission in person. In addition, applying online for a Rwanda visa can also help the applicants save a lot of time and cost.
As a result, the Rwanda online visa is the most convenient travel document for Americans planning to visit the country.
Rwanda visa types for US citizens:
Rwanda e-visa is the way of getting a Rwanda visa online. There are 4 main types of Rwanda visas for US citizens:
- Rwanda e-Tourist Visa: The Rwanda e-tourist visa allows you to stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days from the date of your entry.
- Rwanda Conference Visa: You can apply for a Rwanda Conference E-Visa online if you want to attend a conference, meeting, or seminar organized in Rwanda. The Rwanda Conference e-visa has a validity of 03 months from the arrival date and permits you to stay in the country for 30 days from your entry date in Rwanda.
- Rwanda Transit Visa: This visa allows American visitors to transit through Uganda to the next destination and have a short trip of fewer than 03 days.
- Rwanda East Africa Visa: If you want to visit Rwanda, Uganda, and Kenya all in one trip, you should know that a Rwanda East Africa visa is also available to US citizens. It will save you the trouble of applying for three different visas. However, you should be aware that in order for this type of visa to be valid, you must first enter Rwanda. The duration of stay of an East Africa Visa is 90 days from the arrival date and you can enter the 03 countries as many times as you wish.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for US citizens:
- A valid passport issued by the United States, with at least two blank pages and a minimum validity period of 6 months from the date of entry.
- Digital copies of American passport's biographical pages.
- Digital Photo: The applicants from the United States must submit a recent passport-sized photo in either JPEG or PNG format.The photograph should have been taken within the last six months against a white background.
- A valid email address. Because the visa will be emailed to successful applicants, you must still be able to access the email address that you provide in the form.
- A valid form of payment, such as a Visa, Master Card, American Express, or PayPal or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account
American visitors traveling to Rwanda in 2022 should also update the latest COVID-19 entry requirement for Rwanda.
In the case that the passport is due to expire within 6 months and/or there are no blank pages remaining, American citizens should acquire a new passport before obtaining a visa for Rwanda from the United States
When all of these requirements are met, American citizens can move on to the next step: applying for a Rwanda electronic visa.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa from the United States:
United States passport holders can get a visa for Rwanda from the US online in 3 simple steps
It is critical that all information and documentation be available to ensure that this application process runs as smoothly as possible.
Applicants are advised to double-check all of the details before paying the fees and submitting the request. Mistakes or missing information could lead to delays and disrupt travel plans.
Rwanda online visa’s processing time for US citizens
Applying for a Rwanda e-visa with Global Immigration Service Limited usually takes a maximum of three business days to process your application. The Rwanda e-visa will be emailed to the address specified on your application form once it has been approved. Applicants from the United States are required to print out a copy of their Rwanda e-visa to bring on their trip to Rwanda. Upon arrival, you must present it to border officials who will stamp it and grant you a Rwanda visa. You will also be required to present the passport that you used to apply for your Rwanda e-visa. American citizens with dual nationality must travel with the proper passport.
4. Rwanda e-visa fee for US citizens:
The Rwanda e-visa fee for US citizens includes the service fees and government fee.
The Rwanda e-visa government fee: The Rwanda e-visa government fee is the total amount paid by the applicant to the Rwanda Immigration Department for the processing of their electronic visa. American travelers need to pay this fee since America is not on the exemption list of Rwanda e-visa.
Rwanda Visa Service Fee:
- Normal: You will receive the visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent: Decide to pay a little more to get your visa in less time. You will get your e-visa within 48 hours.
- Super Urgent: Your Rwanda e-visa will be issued as soon as possible for a premium fee. With this type of service, you can obtain an e-visa within 24 hours.