Check Rwanda visa requirements for Gabonese citizens
Rwanda is known as Le Pays des Mille Collines due to its endless mountains in this scenically stunning little country (Land of a Thousand Hills). The majestic mountains of the Virunga volcanoes in the northwest are home to some of the world's last remaining mountain gorillas. For a change of scenery, Lake Kivu's shores conceal some of the best inland beaches on the continent, and Nyungwe Forest National Park protects vast swaths of montane rainforest and is home to a variety of primates.
Gabonese citizens who wish to visit Rwanda must obtain a visa. An online application can be done to obtain a Rwanda visa for Gabonese citizens.
Gabonese must have a few other documents in addition to their online visa to travel to Rwanda from Gabon. Gabonese visitors can find all the information they need about obtaining a Rwanda visa in this article.
Rwanda e-visa for Gabonese citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Gabonese citizens:
Gabonese need a visa for Rwanda, even for short stays. The Rwanda e-Visa system allows visitors from over 200 countries, including Gabon, to apply online for a Rwanda visa.
The Rwanda visa for Gabonese citizens is easy to obtain. The procedure is simpler and faster than obtaining a traditional visa. It takes only a few minutes from home or the office, and there is no need to visit the local Rwanda embassy or consulate.
The Rwanda electronic visa —simply shortened to the Rwanda e-Visa— was first implemented in 2018 as a way to modernize the country's visa policy and reduce passport control lines.
The Rwanda e-visa for Gabonese citizens is a single entry visa that allows them to stay in the country for 30 days.
The e-visa for Rwanda can be used for visits for tourism, leisure, and visiting family in the country. It is also possible to get a Rwanda e-Visa for transit reasons.
Gabonese citizens traveling to Rwanda for purposes other than tourism, such as to work or study, are required to apply for a visa for Rwanda from a Rwanda embassy in Gabon
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: The Tourist e-Visa is the best option for trips that last up to 01 month. This e-Visa grants you full access to Rwanda's food, culture, and beauty for 30 days. From the moment you arrive, the country is yours to explore. Tourist e-Visas give one entry into Rwanda and are valid for 03 months from the arrival date.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: Are you looking for a three-day stay in Rwanda and nothing more? Get the Transit e-Visa, which is available to Gabonese citizens who are passing through Rwanda on their way to another destination. It's especially useful during long layovers.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: This visa is issued for attending business meetings, conferences, and the like, and it allows you a single entry into the country for a maximum of 30 days from the date of arrival.
- East Africa e-visa: The East Africa e-Visa allows you to visit three East African countries: Rwanda, Rwanda, and Kenya simultaneously. The East Africa e-Visa, like the Tourist e-Visa, can be used for a 90-day trip. You can travel between Rwanda and Kenya as many times as you want during this time. Choose the East Africa e-Visa for the best travel experience.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Gabonese citizens:
Rwanda visa requirements for Gabonese citizens
Travelers should meet the Rwanda visa requirements for Gabonese citizens before beginning the application process.
The e-Visa requirements for Gabonese citizens are:
- Valid passport: Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of your intended arrival in Rwanda. A few blank pages (preferably two) in the passport for entry/exit stamps to be placed
- The immigration authorities will require a scan of the biographical page of your valid passport.
- A current passport photo that meets all the requirements for a valid passport photo is required.
- Email address, to receive the visa
Travelers from Gabon must bring and enter Rwanda with the same passport used throughout the e-Visa application process.
If the Gabonese passport is replaced before entering Rwanda, the current e-Visa will no longer be valid, and a new application must be submitted with the new passport's legal information.
3. How to get a Rwanda e-visa for Gabonese citizens:
Depending on the type of visa sought, the application process and requirements differ. Applying for a Rwanda visa online from Gabon is the quickest and easiest way to obtain a Rwanda travel permit, and it only takes a few minutes.
All Gabonese citizens require a smart device with a stable internet connection to begin using the application. They can make their request from anywhere on the planet, including their own home or office.
The online e-Visa application can be completed in three simple steps:
Step 1: Fill out the Rwanda e-visa form
Step 2: Pay the Rwanda processing fee
Step 3: Download and print out the Rwanda e-visa
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
The online e-visa questionnaire is self-explanatory, and anyone should be able to complete it. However, Gabonese citizens can assist a friend or family member in completing the application, as long as they provide accurate information about the applicant.
A questionnaire is a brief form that will request the following information:
- Personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, nationality
- Contact information: email address
- Passport information: number
- Travel information: arrival date as well as the date of departure
Processing times can go from 01 to 03 business days. It is of the utmost importance that all applicants provide truthful and accurate information and answer all questions. Incomplete or inaccurate information may result in the visa application being delayed or even rejected.
How to get a Rwanda visa for Gabonese citizens
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for Gabonese citizens:
The Rwanda e-visa fees depend on the velocity of your application's processing and the type of visa. Naturally, the sooner you need your e-Visa, the more money you'll have to pay for it. With Rwanda Immigration Services, you can choose one of the three-time frames in which your Rwanda e-Visa will arrive. You have the following alternatives:
- Normal: Your visa will be sent to your email within 03 days.
- Urgent: Your Rwanda e-visa arrives within 02 days.
- Super urgent: It takes only 24 hours to get your travel document ready.
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda