Check Rwanda visa requirements for Chinese citizens
With a coastline along the Indian Ocean, Rwanda is a country in East Africa. The Great Rift Valley, savannahs, lakes, and mountainous regions of its vast territory make it one of the most diverse countries in the world.
You will feel as if you are visiting the set of The Lion King in this beautiful country, which is home to fierce lions, imposing elephants, and rhinos. If you want to have a great adventure, get your Rwanda e-visa for Chinese citizens and go on one of the amazing safaris to Akagera National Park, Nyungwe National Park, Gishwati-Mukura National Park, and the Volcanoes National Park.
Rwanda e-visa for Chinese citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Chinese citizens:
The Rwandan government requires that tourists of other nationalities obtain a visa before traveling or doing business in Rwanda.
The e-Visa for Rwanda was launched in 2018 to facilitate the arrival of international travelers. Visa applications can be submitted online much more quickly and conveniently than at a diplomatic mission. Online applications are completed in a matter of minutes.
Chinese citizens planning to visit Rwanda may apply for a Rwanda electronic visa.
The Rwanda e-visa for Chinese citizens is valid for up to 03 months from the date of arrival. You can also only enter the country once with this visa.
This online visa application system allows tourists and business travelers from China to easily obtain a Rwanda e-visa from the comfort of their homes in a matter of minutes.
Chinese nationals planning to relocate for job opportunities or academic purposes should contact the Rwanda embassy in China for more information.
Types of Rwanda visas available for Chinese citizens:
The main types of Rwanda E-Visa are the tourist visa, transit visa, and conference visa:
- Rwanda transit e-visa: This is a single-entry visa that is granted over the internet to people who need to make a connection through Rwanda when traveling to other countries. This visa allows Chinese citizens to stay in Rwanda for up to 03 days while waiting for the next flight.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: This electronic visa allows a visit to Rwanda if you want to attend or speak at a conference, meeting, or seminar. The Rwanda Conference E-Visa allows a Single Entry to Rwanda and the duration of stay up to 30 days from the entry date.
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: This Rwanda visa is designed for Chinese tourists visiting Rwanda. The Rwanda tourist e-visa is a single-entry permit that allows its holders to stay in the country for up to 30 days from the arrival date.
- East Africa e-visa: This e-Visa is an excellent option for Chinese visitors who want to see everything East Africa has to offer. Visitors can spend 90 days in Rwanda with the East Africa e-Visa, but they can also visit Uganda and Kenya.
2. Rwanda e visa requirements for Chinese citizens:
Meeting all the Rwanda e-visa requirements for Chinese citizens will ensure a fast and seamless application process. The online visa requirements established by Rwanda include:
- Valid Chinese passport: The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least six months from the arrival date in Rwanda and have at least two or more blank pages for stamps
- A copy of the biographical page of the passport
- An active and accessible email address to receive the Rwanda eVisa
- A digital photo of the applicant (any size are accepted)
It is advised that visa applications be submitted at least three days before the estimated date of departure.
Rwanda e-visa requirements for Chinese citizens
You must have a passport that is valid for at least 180 days after your arrival to Rwanda. If your passport is about to expire, you must renew it before applying.
To receive the Rwanda e-Visa, you must have an email address. All correspondence will be sent to the email address specified in the application.
A small processing fee for the Rwanda visa for Chinese citizens is part of the application process. The payment can be made with a credit or debit card and is processed through secure servers.
3. How to get a visa for Rwanda from China:
It is quick and simple to get a Rwanda e visa for Chinese citizens. Travelers must fill out a brief application form online, entering the necessary information into the appropriate fields.
This includes the traveler's basic personal and contact information listed below:
- Personal information (full name, address, date of birth, etc.)
- Passport details (number, nationality)
- Date of arrival and departure in Rwanda
Chinese citizens can obtain a tourist visa for Rwanda in a few simple steps:
Step 1: Complete the online Rwanda visa application for Chinese citizens
Step 2: Pay the Rwanda e-Visa fee and submit the request
Step 3: Receive the Rwanda visa by email
Before submitting their form, Chinese travelers should carefully review their answers for errors or typos, as it cannot be edited once it has been delivered. Any errors can slow down the evaluation process or even result in the application being denied.
How will Chinese Applicants Receive their Rwanda e-Visa?
Chinese applicants will receive their Rwanda e-Visa via email. A Rwanda e-Visa application for Chinese citizens is typically processed, evaluated, and approved in 24 to 72 hours. Once they receive their visa, Chinese travelers should print a copy to bring with them when they arrive in Rwanda.
Travelers from China should be aware that they will not be able to obtain a visa on arrival. They should have obtained a valid travel permit before arriving in Rwanda. For the Chinese, the e-Visa is the most convenient and preferred option.
4. Rwanda visa fees for Chinese citizens:
Rwanda e-visa fees for Chinese citizens
The price of a Rwanda e-visa depends on what type of visa the applicant requires. The e-visa is the most cost-effective way to get travel permission to Rwanda from China
The Rwanda visa processing fee is paid securely online, with a Credit/debit card, Visa card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to the Bank of Cyprus.
Rwanda Immigration Services has created three options for all kinds of travelers. To put together the best trip, you can choose a type of processing that fits your budget and time constraints.
- Normal: This is possibly your most affordable option. If you have a few days before your departure, you will be able to get your visa at a very reasonable price. ( 3 business days are guaranteed)
- Urgent: If you have a few days before your departure date, you can choose this option for your Visa application. It is slightly more expensive than the other standard option, but you will be guaranteed a quick visa process. ( within 2 business days)
- Super urgent: If you need to leave for your trip right away, this is the best option for you. This option will provide you with your Visa the quickest. ( in 24 hours)
In addition, we recommend that you should buy Rwanda travel insurance. By obtaining travel insurance, your visa application is issued by the Government of Rwanda easier.