Check Rwanda visa requirements for Hong Kong citizens
Rwanda has at least as many reasons to visit as it does residents. The small nation of 26,338 sq. km (10,169 square miles) is home to 12.2 million people, making it one of the African continent's most densely populated nations. Nonetheless, it is a conservation leader, the world's third greenest country (according to the World Travel Guide 2015), and the prideful protector of four national parks.
Tourists looking for a luxury experience are equally likely to be found here as those roughing it in campsites or in search of the country's famous gorillas and chimps—and that's just scratching the surface.
Rwanda is full of optimism and wonder, from inspiring historical museums to incredible meals served high above the city's flashing lights.
Exploring it will make you feel both emotional and enlightened.
Getting a Rwanda visa for Hong Kong citizens is quite simple and 100 % online. Almost all nationalities need a visa for Rwanda, and Hongkongers are not an exception. You can apply for an online Rwanda visa for Hong Kong citizens if you are planning to visit the country.
If you're a Hong Kong Passport Holder, here is everything you need to know about the requirements and regulations to apply for a Rwanda electronic Visa.
Rwanda e-visa for Hong Kong citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Hong Kong citizens
In 2018, the Republic of Rwanda launched its electronic visa category, allowing citizens of over 200 countries to obtain a visa from the comfort of their own homes. The visa is called a Rwanda e-visa. It has made traveling to Rwanda all the more hassle-free and convenient for Hong Kong citizens. They can obtain a visa within just 03 days and even apply for a Rwanda rush visa that can be obtained within 24 hours only.
Hong Kong citizens are eligible to apply for a Rwanda online e-visa. It is a single entry that allows you a 30-day stay permit. The visa will have a 90-day validity period.
The Rwanda e visa for Hong Kong citizens can be used for visits for tourism, leisure, and visiting family in the country. This visa is also possible to get a Rwanda e-Visa for transit.
Travelers from Hong Kong who wish to stay longer than 1 month, or for non-tourist purposes, need to get a visa through the embassy of Rwanda in Hong Kong
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
There are 4 types of e-Visas for Rwanda:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: this is an electronic travel permit that allows travelers to visit the country for tourism. On a single visit for a short-term visa, you can stay in the country for 30 days from the arrival date.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: The transit visa allows Hong Kong citizens to visit Rwanda for up to 72 hours. This is a great option if you have a flight from Rwanda to some other destination and have a long layover. You will have to stay at the airport if you do not have a transit visa.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: is an electronic visa that allows you to enter Rwanda to attend a conference, meeting, or seminar. You have 30 days after your arrival to visit Rwanda with a Single Entry.
- East Africa e-visa: Do you want to make your trip to Africa even more memorable? The East Africa Visa is the best visa for Hong Kong citizens who want to explore more. You will be allowed to navigate the borders of Uganda and Kenya, as well as Rwanda, multiple times during your 90-day stay.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Hong Kong citizens:
Applicants must meet the Rwanda e-visa requirements for Hong Kong citizens to complete their e-Visa requests. The basic requirements Hong Kongers must meet to apply for the e-Visa to enter Rwanda include the following:
Rwanda visa requirements for Hong Kong citizens
- Hong Kong passport — this must be valid for at least 6 months after arriving in Rwanda
- Digital copy of the passport biographical page
- Passport-style photograph of Hong Konger traveler
- Email address: This is where the approved e-Visa will be sent
Hong Kong applicants should be aware that the Rwanda e-Visa is a one-of-a-kind travel permit that, once approved, will be linked to their passport. It is not transferable to a second passport. If their passport is about to expire, they should renew it before proceeding with the application.
They should also include at least 02 blank pages for entry and exit stamps from the Immigration Officer.
It is recommended that Hong Kong visitors use an email address that they check frequently. All correspondence regarding their application will be handled via email.
3. How to get a Rwanda e-visa for Hong Kong citizens:
It’s quick and simple to request a Rwanda visa online for Hong Kong citizens. The 3-step application process can be completed in just a few minutes.
Step 1: Fill out the online Rwanda visa form, providing visa details (number of applicants, type of visa, processing time) and personal information.
Step 2: Pay the Rwanda visa fees for Hong Kong citizens
Step 3: Submit the application for review.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda online visa
Hong Kong citizens can complete the e-Visa application form online. It is quick to fill out and requires just a few basic personal details and passport information including:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Date of arrival and departure in Rwanda
- Passport number
The details provided must match the passport exactly. Any discrepancies could lead to processing delays or issues entering the country. To finalize the request, Hong Kong pays the Rwanda visa fee using a Credit/debit card, Visa card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to the Bank of Cyprus. The request can then be submitted for review.
The processing time for the Rwanda e-visa for Hong Kong citizens ranges between 1 and 3 business days. Most Rwandan e-visas are approved within just a few days, but the process can take longer, so it is important to apply ahead of time.
How to get a Rwanda visa for Hong Kong citizens
4. Rwanda e visa fees for Hong Kong citizens:
The Rwanda visa fees for Hong Kong citizens vary depending on the type of visa applied for and the processing time
To obtain a Rwanda e-visa for Hong Kong citizens, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Rwanda Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee.
You must select a processing time while applying, and these processing times have the total price for your Rwanda e-visa. These are your options:
- Normal: Your application will be processed within 72 hours. For tourists that plan ahead of time, this is a perfect option.
- Urgent: if you want your application much quicker, you can select this option. Your visa will arrive in your e-mail inbox within 48 hours.
- Super urgent: If you need your Rwanda visa as soon as possible, this is the option for you, as you will be able to obtain your travel documents in as little as 24 hours.
Besides, we also provide other service packages such as Rwanda travel insurance , Rwanda travel sim, and car pick-up service in Rwanda.