Check Rwanda visa requirements for Zimbabweans
Rwanda is an African country with a great deal of natural and cultural diversity; it describes the magic and power of Africa perfectly. Because of the natural beauty and fun-filled tourist activities, delicious cuisine, diverse culture, and friendly people, the country remains one of the best East African destinations in the world.
So, if you want to travel to Rwanda as a Zimbabwean, you need to apply for the Rwanda Visa for Zimbabweans. Zimbabwean citizens can apply online and have the process completed in less than 10 minutes!
Read on to learn about the Rwanda Visa requirements for Zimbabweans and how to apply for a Rwanda visa from Zimbabwe
1. Rwanda e-Visa for Zimbabweans:
Zimbabwean citizens who want to visit Rwanda can apply for the Rwanda e-visa, also known as the Rwanda electronic visa, which was introduced in 2018. An electronic visa for Rwanda allows visitors from more than 100 countries, including Zimbabwe, to visit the country for short stays.
The Rwanda electronic visa is simple because applicants do not need to gather any supporting documents, visit an embassy, or have an in-person interview. Travelers can, in fact, apply for their electronic visa entirely online, and the process takes less than 30 minutes.
A Rwanda Visa for Zimbabwean citizens
All Zimbabwean nationals must have a valid visa before they can legally enter Rwanda for short stays. It is not possible for Zimbabweans to enter Rwanda without holding a valid visa.
Zimbabwean travelers are no longer required to visit a Rwanda embassy to obtain a visa. Instead, the application for a Rwanda e-Visa for Zimbabwean passport holders is now entirely online.
A Rwanda visa for Zimbabweans is a single-entry online visa waiver and valid for 03 months from the arrival date.
Types of e-Visas Available to Zimbabweans Traveling to Rwanda:
Rwanda's visa policy specifies which nationalities are eligible for online visas and the requirements they must meet. There are various types of e-Visas to Rwanda available depending on the purposes of the Zimbabwean travelers
Travelers from Zimbabwe can choose between the following Rwanda e-Visa types:
- Rwanda e-Tourist Visa: The visa allows travelers to enter the country once with a duration of stay up to 30 days from the entry date.
- Rwanda conference Visa: Zimbabwean citizens can use this type of visa to enter Rwanda to attend a conference, meeting, or seminar as a speaker or attendee. It allows a single entry to Rwanda with a total staying time within 30 days from the arrival date.
- Rwanda transit Visa: This visa allows Zimbabwean passport holders to transit through Rwanda and stay in the country for up to 03 days between their flights.
- East Africa Visa: The Rwandan government launched the East African Visa, an electronic visa for individuals wishing to travel to Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda at the same time, with Rwanda being the first destination on this country's list. The validity of this e-visa is 03 months from the arrival date with multiple entries between the 03 countries, and the duration of stay is up to 90 days from the day you enter Rwanda.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Zimbabweans:
Before proceeding to the application process, Zimbabweans should read through the Rwanda e visa requirements for Zimbabweans. They include the following documents:
- Valid passports: Zimbabweans travelers must have a valid Zimbabwean passport that is valid for at least 06 months beyond the date of entry into Rwanda with 02 blank pages for verification. Applicants are advised to have their passport on hand when filling out the online form, as passport information will be required to complete the application.
- A valid email address: This email address is used to receive all electronic visa notifications for the traveler. Applicants are advised to check their email inbox frequently in order to be aware of when they can obtain their e-visa.
- Digital copies of their passport's biographical pages.
- Digital Photo: All applicants must provide a recent passport-size digital photo (either in JPEG or PNG format) with a clear face against a white background.
It is recommended that Zimbabweans keep a physical copy of each document, including the e-Visa approval letter, to present to the immigration officer when they arrive at the border.
To enter Rwanda, the applicant must use the same passport that was used to apply for the e-Visa. This is because the Rwanda e-Visa for Zimbabweans is electronically linked to the applicants’ passports. Applicants who hold dual citizenship should also keep this in mind.
Applicants from Zimbabwe are ready to apply for the Rwanda e-Visa once they have gathered all the necessary documents and met the Rwanda visa requirements for Zimbabweans.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda online visa from Zimbabwe?
Obtaining a Rwanda e-visa from Zimbabwe is a simple process that takes about 30 minutes. All you have to do is fill out the e-visa application form online.
Zimbabwean citizens can apply for a Rwanda visa online in 3 simple steps.
- Step 1: Add information about visa details and personal information. Notice that any inaccuracies or typo mistakes could result in their visa application being rejected.
- Step 2: Double-check all the information provided in the previous step to make sure it is correct before making payments.
- Step 3: Get the confirmation of your e-visa order and wait for the result. Rwanda e-visa applications from Zimbabwe are typically processed online and returned within one (1) to three (3) business days depending on the visa service that the applicants choose
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
How Will I Receive my Rwanda electronic visa?
Your Rwanda e visa for Zimbabweans will be emailed to you in a PDF attachment once it has been processed and approved. This notification will be sent to the email address you provided during the application process.
The approved e-visa for Zimbabweans is electronically linked to your passport and will be checked when you arrive in Rwanda. You should also bring your printed e-visa and present it to border officials upon arrival. The Zimbabwe passport is also required.
With Global Immigration Service, you can choose the processing time of your e-visa, from 24 hours to 03 business days. The sooner you want to obtain an e-visa for Rwanda, the more service fees you have to pay. However, if there are any errors in the information you've submitted, the process may be delayed. It's critical to double-check everything you've entered before submitting your final application.
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda