Check Rwanda visa requirements for Costa Rican citizens
Tourists can enjoy everything Rwanda has to offer, from interesting cities to excellent scuba diving, by applying for a Rwanda visa from Costa Rica.
This simple article contains all of the visa information Costa Ricans require to visit Rwanda. Find out the documents required to obtain a Rwanda e-visa for Costa Rican citizens, visa fees, and how to apply online.
Rwanda e-visa for Costa Rican citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Costa Rican citizens:
Costa Rican passport holders need a visa to visit the Republic of Rwanda for short trips. The online application system is the most convenient way to apply for a visa to Rwanda from Costa Rica.
By applying for a Rwanda electronic visa, travelers do not need to visit the Rwanda embassy or consulate. Costa Ricans, on the other hand, can complete the application from home at any time of day.
The Rwanda e-visa is a type of electronic travel permit that allows Costa Ricans to legally visit Rwanda for tourism purposes. This visa is valid for 03 months from the arrival date. It is a single entry visa that allows a stay of up to 30 days.
The Rwanda e-visa for Costa Rican citizens is a travel document that allows Costa Ricans to enter this country without much effort. It is available through an online form and it is electronically linked to their passports.
The most convenient option is to apply for a Rwanda e-visa for Costa Rican citizens. In around 10 minutes, applicants can complete the simple online form and receive an approved e-Visa for Rwanda via email. They can then print a copy to present alongside their passport at Rwanda border control in order to gain expedited entry and avoid waiting in line.
Costa Rican citizens planning to study, work, volunteer, seek medical treatment, or permanently relocate to Rwanda must apply for a visa in advance. This can be done by visiting at Rwanda embassy in Costa Rica.
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
There are three types of e-visa for Costa Rican citizens: Transit e-visa, Tourist e-visa, East Africa e-visa, and Conference-visa. Each type of e-visa has a different purpose and length of stay in Rwanda
- Rwanda transit e-visa: If your stay in Rwanda won’t exceed 72 hours you can apply for a transit e-Visa. This type of visa allows you to explore Rwanda within 03 days while waiting for the next flight.
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: A Rwanda tourist visa for Costa Rican citizens is a required travel authorization document that must be applied for prior to your travel date in order to enter and stay in the country for tourism purposes. The Rwanda e-Visa is valid for 03 months from the arrival date, giving Costa Rican visitors a 30-day stay in the country and a single entry.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: Costa Rican citizens can apply for a Rwanda conference e-visa if they are visiting Rwanda to attend or speak at a conference, meeting, or seminar. This is an online, single-entry visa that permits Costa Ricans to stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days from the entry date.
- East Africa e-visa: This visa is intended for travel to Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda. With this visa, you can enter three countries multiple times and stay there for up to 90 days.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Costa Rican citizens:
Applicants are required to supply the following to meet the Rwanda e-visa requirements for Costa Rican citizens for the online application:
- A Costa Rican passport valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of arrival in Rwanda.
- The passport must have at least 02 blank pages for the Immigration Officer to stamp.
- A digital copy of the passport information page
- The most recent digital photograph that gets to meet Rwanda visa photo requirements
- A valid email address to receive the approved e-Visa for Rwanda.
To ensure adequate processing time for the e-Visa, Costa Rican citizens must submit their Rwanda visa application at least three days before their intended entry date to the country. The applicant must present the approved visa along with their passport when entering Rwanda after receiving it via email and printing a copy.
Rwanda e-visa requirements for Costa Rican citizens
The approved e-visa is associated with a unique travel document. As a result, it is critical that the applicant uses the same passport to submit the online Rwanda visa application as they will use to travel to Rwanda. Applicants with dual citizenship should be aware of this.
Similarly, if the passport of the applicant expires during the validity of the visa, it must be renewed before the process of applying for a Rwanda visa for Costa Rican citizens.
3. How to get a Rwanda visa for Costa Rican citizens:
Travelers can obtain a Rwanda visa from Costa Rica by completing an online application, which includes all information and supporting documents.
Costa Rican citizens are required to provide the following details to request a Rwanda visa successfully:
- Personal information: full name, date of birth, country of citizenship, and gender
- Passport data: number of the Costa Rican passport
- Contact details: an email address is required to receive the approved visa
- Date of arrival and departure in Rwanda
It is quick and easy to get a Rwanda visa for Costa Rican citizens. It removes the need to visit the Rwanda embassy in Costa Rica in person since the process is completely online. In most cases, completing the online application takes only a few minutes.
Applicants for a Rwanda visa from Costa Rica can simply:
Step 1: Fill out the Rwanda e-Visa application form
Step 2: Review and confirm payment of visa fees
Step 3: Download and print out the Rwanda visa
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
Before submitting the form, applicants should carefully review the application to ensure that all of the information is correct. This is because any information that does not match the details of their travel document, even minor errors, is likely to result in processing delays or even e-visa refusal.
Costa Rican travelers with an approved online Rwanda visa can use the printed copy to enter Rwanda through any port of entry, whether by air or land
How to get a Rwanda visa for Costa Rican citizens
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for Costa Rican citizens
The Rwanda e-visa fees for Costa Rican citizens are the most cost-effective way to get a visa for Rwanda
The visa processing fee is paid securely online using a debit or credit card, visa, PayPal, American Express, Master Card, or Wire Transfer to the Bank of Cyprus.
Thinking about your budget and the time waiting you are willing to spend, Rwanda Immigration Services prepared 03 alternatives that you can choose from. These are:
- Normal: Your Rwanda visa arrives in 3 Business Days.
- Urgent: Your application is processed within just 2 Business Days
- Super urgent: Your travel document is ready within just 24 hours
In addition, we recommend that you should buy a Covid travel insurance to have a secure trip to this fascinating country - Rwanda.