Rwanda Visa Requirements For Somali Citizens Sep 2023
Before you plan a trip to Rwanda, make sure you have everything you need. The Rwanda country remains one of the best East African destinations in the world thanks to the natural beauty and fun-filled tourist activities, delicious cuisine, diverse culture, and friendly people.
If you are planning a trip to Rwanda, you will need a Rwanda visa for Somali passport holders, and we can assist you in obtaining it. Somali passport holders can apply through our website and get the process completed in less than 10 minutes!
1. Rwanda e-visa for Somali passport holders
The Rwanda e-visa, or Rwanda electronic visa, is available to Somali passport holders traveling for tourism. The whole application process is entirely online.
Citizens of Somalia must simply ensure that they have a stable internet connection, fill out the application form, and submit it. The questionnaire is brief and straightforward, and it can be completed in 15 minutes. The Rwandan authorities then assess the information received and send a response with the approved eVisa as a PDF to the email address provided.
The Rwanda e-visa for Somali passport holders has a validity of 03 months from the arrival date and allows Somali travelers to enter Rwanda for tourism, leisure, visiting family purposes.
There are four types of e-visas available for Somali passport holders:
- Rwanda e-tourist visa: allows the holder to stay for up to 30 days with a single entry. Rwanda e-tourist visa grants entry to international visitors for tourism, leisure or medical purposes.
- Rwanda transit visa: This single-entry e-visa is for Somali residents who want to transit through Rwanda and have a short trip of fewer than 03 days in the country. The validity of this e-visa is 03 months from the arrival date.
- Rwanda conference visa: allows a visit to Rwanda if you want to attend or speak at a conference or meeting. This visa is available for short stays of a maximum of 30 days from the entry date with a single entry only.
- Rwanda East Africa visa: If you want to visit Rwanda, Uganda, and Kenya all in one trip, you should know that a Rwanda East Africa visa is also available to Somali passport holders. The Rwanda East Africa visa allows multiple entries between the 03 countries, and the staying time is up to 90 days from the arrival date.
2. Rwanda visa requirements for Somali passport holders:
Nationals of most countries require a visa to visit Rwanda. The e-Visa system provides the easiest way to obtain one.
Travelers applying online must meet the Rwanda visa requirements for Somali passport holders
- A Somali passport is valid for at least six months beyond the intended date of arrival in Rwanda and has at least two blank pages for entry/exit stamps. Somali candidates whose passport is less than this period are obliged to renew it before applying.
- Photo – the picture must be recent and taken on a clear background.
- E-mail address – This requirement is necessary because the Rwanda visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format.
- A scan of the biographical page of the passport
Somali passport holders are required to print a copy of the e-visa and present it at border control on arrival in Rwanda
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa from Somalia:
Once Somali citizens confirm they have the documents needed, they are ready to fill in the Rwanda e-visa online form and submit their application.
Somali citizens can apply for a Rwanda visa by completing the Rwanda online application form. It is a secure and simple procedure that will guide applicants through the process of entering all required information.
To get the Rwanda visa for Somali passport holders, travelers must follow a few simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the electronic application form for Somali citizens
- Step 2: Pay for the e-visa processing fee. We accept credit or debit cards, PayPal, American Express, Master Cards or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account
- Step 3: Receive your e-visa via email. You should download the Rwanda e-Visa and print it out.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
Once approved, the Rwanda e-visa will be sent to the email address provided in the application form within the following 3 business days.
Please note: You can also apply for a regular visa at Rwanda embassy in Somalia
4. Rwanda visa fees for Somali passport holders:
Countries around the world charge their visa fees and Rwanda is no exception. Rwanda visa application includes a fee to be paid by all applicants and is the same for all eligible citizens, including Somali citizens.
To apply for a Rwanda visa online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Rwanda Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee.
Since Somalia is not on the exemption list of Rwanda e-visa, Somali passport holders who want to obtain a Rwanda e-visa must pay the Government fee.
Rwanda service fees for Somali passport holders depend on which option you select regarding the processing time of your application and the number of people your application covers. We give you three options:
- Normal: You will get the approved Rwanda e-Visa in 03 business days.
- Urgent: You will receive the approved visa within 48 hours.
- Super Urgent: In case you need your e-visa as soon as possible. With this service, you can expect to obtain a Rwanda e-visa within 24 hours.
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda