Check Rwanda visa requirements for Burkinabe citizens
- 1. Rwanda e visa for Burkinabé citizens:
- 2. Rwanda visa requirements for Burkinabé citizens:
- 3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Burkina Faso:
- 4. Rwanda visa fees for Burkinabé citizens:
For many years, anyone wishing to enter Rwanda was required to obtain a regular visa from the embassy. It used to be a time-consuming and inconvenient process.
You had to schedule an initial appointment before you knew what documentation would be required. Despite the fact that you were able to provide every required certificate, you had to go through a lot of paperwork before your application was considered.
Then you had to wait an extremely long time for the final answer, and if you were refused, you rarely received an explanation via mail. You had to make another appointment with the Embassy to request clarification.
Fortunately, the Rwandan government has made numerous changes to its previous visa policy. Almost every nationality is now eligible to apply for a visa via the Internet.
All you need to do, in order to get a Rwanda visa for Burkinabé citizens approved, is to fill out the online form, attach the essential documentation, and proceed with the payment. The whole process won’t take more than a couple of minutes to complete.
Rwanda e-visa for Burkinabe citizens
1. Rwanda e visa for Burkinabé citizens:
A visa is required for most foreign citizens who wish to travel to Rwanda. Only a few nationalities' citizens are permitted to enter Rwanda visa-free for short stays.
Burkinabé citizens who wish to visit Rwanda must obtain a Rwandan e-Visa as well as a valid Swedish passport. Burkinabé citizens can enter Rwanda with a variety of Rwanda visas, depending on the length and purpose of their visit.
A Rwandan e-visa was introduced in 2018 and is a type of visa that is obtained online through a government-developed system. This enables all Burkinabe citizens to apply from any location and at any time.
The Rwanda e visa for Burkinabé citizens is:
- A 30-day, single-entry travel permit
- Meant for tourism/leisure purposes
- Valid for up to 30 days from the issue date
- Electronically linked to the Burkinabe passport, once it is approved
Burkinabé citizens who want to visit the country for another reason should contact the Rwandan embassy in Burkina Faso for more information.
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
Burkinabe nationals must make sure they are traveling with the correct visa type before arriving in Rwanda. It is important for them to consider two factors: the estimated length of their stay, and the purpose of their journey.
Depending on the reason for a foreigner's visit to Rwanda, the Rwandan government offers various types of visas.
The following are the types of Rwandan visas available for Burkinabé citizens:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: If you want to visit Rwanda for up to 30 days, the Tourist e-Visa is ideal. This type of visa does not permit business or study. The tourist visa allows Burkinabé citizens up to 30 days of entry and only allows one entry into Rwanda. Simply apply online using our secure and quick verification process to cross another item off your to-do list.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: The transit visa allows Burkinabe to visit Rwanda for up to 72 hours. If you have a connecting flight from Rwanda to another destination and have a long layover, this is a great option. You will have to stay at the airport if you do not have a transit visa.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: As a Burkinabe citizen, you can acquire the Rwanda conference e-visa. This electronic visa allows a visit to Rwanda if you want to attend or speak at a conference, meeting, or seminar. Rwanda Conference E-Visas are valid for 30 days per entry and can only be used once. Let us help you with the Rwanda Conference E-Visa for Burkinabé citizens.
- East Africa e-visa: Do you want to make your trip to Africa even more memorable? For Burkinabe tourists who want to explore more of Africa, the East Africa Visa is the best visa. In addition to Rwanda, you will be able to cross the borders of Uganda and Kenya multiple times during your 90-day stay.
2. Rwanda visa requirements for Burkinabé citizens:
To obtain an e-visa for tourism, Portuguese applicants must review, prepare for, and comply with the Rwandan government's visa entry requirements. Failure to meet the requirements may result in visa processing complications and even the rejection of a visa application.
Rwanda e-visa requirements for Burkinabe citizens
See below for which supporting documents Burkinabe nationals need to present:
- Have a valid Burkinabe passport with two or more blank pages for entry and exit stamps. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months after entering the country.
- Scanned image/copy of the passport or ID card.
- A scan of the information page of your passport: You will be required to upload it in step three of the application.
- Digital photographs were taken in the last 6 months.
- A working email address – It should be a regularly used account because we will send you visa status updates there. If you double-check your spelling before submitting your application, you should be fine.
- Travelers from Burkina Faso who apply for a tourist, family visit, or transit e-visa to Rwanda must also provide their itinerary.
Note: It is mandatory to bring the same passport or identification card that was used on the e-Visa application form. The issued e-Visa will be invalid if the valid document is replaced before entering Rwanda.
After obtaining an online visa to Rwanda, Burkinabe nationals must print it and present it in person at the chosen port of entry. Furthermore, it is recommended that they keep a copy of the e-Visa with them throughout their trip to Rwanda.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Burkina Faso:
The Rwanda e-visa for Burkinabé citizens can be applied for in minutes. There is no need to schedule an appointment with the embassy as the application can be completed from any electronic device that is connected to the internet.
Find below the 3 steps to follow to obtain the e-Visa from Burkina Faso:
- Complete the online application form
- Pay the Rwanda visa fee for Burkinabé citizens
- Then, they will then receive their e-Visa via email.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
Rwanda e-Visa Application for Burkinabé citizens:
The application for a Rwanda visa for Burkinabé citizens is simple and can be completed in under 20 minutes in most cases. Below is a list of information travelers should have with them:
- First and last name
- Date and place of birth
- Passport details (expiration date, country of origin, and passport number
- Date of arrival and departure
After the Rwanda visa for Burkinabé citizens is issued, you must print a hard copy and keep it with your passport. Furthermore, each traveler must bring the Burkinabe passport used to apply for the Rwanda e-visa. Furthermore, each traveler must bring the Burkinabe passport used to apply for a Rwanda e visa.
How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Burkina Faso
Processing time of the Rwanda e-visa for Burkinabé citizens:
The processing time for the Rwanda e-visa for Burkinabé citizens depends on which type of e-visa that you apply for. From the time the application is submitted, applicants can expect to receive approval within 1 to 3 business days.
Please note that if the information in the passport does not match that of the application, the processing time may be longer.
It is therefore recommended that Burkinabe nationals submit their e-Visa applications no later than four business days before leaving for their trip.
4. Rwanda visa fees for Burkinabé citizens:
The Rwanda e-visa fees are affected by the processing time and the type of visa you choose. The visa fee is paid securely online during the application process. As for the processing time, Rwanda immigration services offer you three options:
- Normal: When you select this option, your Rwanda e-visa will be delivered via email within at least 3 business days. This is the cheapest processing time you have available.
- Urgent: By selecting this option, you will be able to shorten the processing time of your application by 2 business days.
- Super urgent: If you have an emergency and need to get to Rwanda as soon as possible, this is the best option. Within 1 Business Day, your application will be processed.
The Rwanda visa application process requires two types of fees, called Service fees and Government fees, to be paid online. During the Rwanda e-Visa application process, Burkinabé citizens pay the processing fee safely and securely with a debit or credit card, MasterCard, American Express, or PayPal.
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda