Rwanda visa requirements for Cape verdean citizens
The Rwandan government has issued a special electronic visa for citizens of over 100 different nationalities, allowing travelers to obtain a visa without having to visit an embassy or consulate. Passport holders from Cape Verde are eligible for this type of visa. As a result, Cape Verdean citizens can now apply online to obtain the Rwanda e-visa.
On this page, Cape Verdean travelers can find all the necessary information about how to get their Rwanda e-visa for Cape Verdean citizens.
Rwanda e-visa for Cape Verdean citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Cape Verdean citizens
In order to increase foreign national visits, the Rwandan government created the Rwanda electronic visa in 2018. Citizens of Cape Verde can apply for this electronic travel authorization.
The Rwanda e-visa for Cape Verdean citizens can be obtained by filling out an online application, paying the processing fees, and receiving the approved e-visa via email. There is no need to visit an embassy or consular office, and the process is extremely simple and quick. From the comfort of their homes, Cape Verdean applicants can complete their requests in 20 minutes on Rwanda Immigration Services.
The Rwanda e-Visa is an official travel document that allows all travelers to enter Rwanda. Holders of an e-visa to Rwanda will be able to visit Rwanda for purposes of tourism, business, and transit.
Those eligible to apply for a Rwanda visa online and who wish to stay for longer periods of study or work in Rwanda should contact a Rwanda embassy in Cape Verde for further information.
Type of Rwanda e visas:
Cape Verdean passport holders can select any of the following types of Rwanda e-visas to best suit their travel needs. There are three Rwanda visa types for Cape Verdean citizens:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: Cape Verdean citizens can visit Rwanda for leisure, relaxation, and cultural activities. Rwanda visas are valid for 3 months after arrival from the date of entry which allows travelers to stay in Rwanda within 30 days.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: Professionals from Cape Verde can attend corporate events, conferences, and meetings in Rwanda. This visa is valid for 3months and permits visitors for a stayover for 30 days in total.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: Cape Verdeans passing through Rwanda on their way to another destination can request this travel authorization. If they plan to leave the airport and their stay isn't longer than 72 hours, they'll need it.
- East Africa e-visa: Wouldn't it be great if you could visit other East African nations during your 90 days in Africa? Rwanda is not the only country you can visit with the East African e-Visa. This e-Visa allows for unlimited entry into Uganda and Kenya. Apply for an e-Visa to East Africa here.
2. Rwanda e visa requirements for Cape Verdean citizens:
We recommend reading through the Rwanda e visa requirement for Cape Verdean citizens before beginning the application process. Canadians will find obtaining this online visa to Rwanda is straightforward and easy. Before logging in, Cape Verdean travelers must confirm they meet the following requirements for the Rwanda e visa:
- A valid Cape Verdean passport, with at least one empty page and a minimum of 6 months validity from the date of entry.
- A digital copy of the passport's main information page will be sent to us after the application is submitted.
- Digital photograph: applicants must submit a digital passport size picture.
- A valid email address – A system that sends you all the information and allows you to track your visa.
- A travel itinerary is also required for Cape Verdean nationals seeking a tourist, family, or transit visa for Rwanda.
Rwanda e-visa requirements for Cape Verdean citizens
Travelers must bring the passport they used to apply for the e-Visa with them to Rwanda.
Anyone planning a trip from Cape Verde to Rwanda in 2022 should review the most recent COVID-19 entry restrictions.
Visitors should be aware that a visa does not guarantee entry into Rwanda. Border officials check all travel documents and make the final decision on whether to grant entry to Rwanda.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Cape Verde:
Travelers with Cape Verdean passports must fill out an online application form to obtain a Rwanda e visa. The form is a simple questionnaire in which Cape Verdean applicants must provide personal and passport information. Some fundamental questions are as follows:
- Personal information (full name, address, date of birth, etc.)
- Passport details
- Date of arrival and departure in Rwanda
The Rwanda e-visa application process from Cape Verde is simple and takes less than 15 minutes. To avoid delays in processing time, it is critical that the information provided is accurate and error-free.
Cape Verdean applicants must pay the e-Visa processing fee through a secure online system using a bank card that is authorized for online transactions before submitting the application form.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Cape Verde
How long does it take to get a Rwanda online visa from Cape Verde?
In most cases, Cape Verdean applicants will receive their Rwanda online visa within 24 to 72 hours of submitting the form. However, if they discover any discrepancies or errors after submitting the form, they must complete a new form and pay another visa fee.
Passengers with Cape Verdean passports are advised to apply as early as possible, and at least four days before the date of travel.
4. Rwanda visa fees for Cape Verdean citizens:
The cost of Rwanda's e-visa is a common source of concern. With Rwanda immigration services, applicants have three available options when it comes to processing times with different pricing. The three options are:
- Normal: Your visa application is processed within 3 Business Days
- Urgent: You will receive your visa within 2 Business Days
- Super urgent: this is the fastest option. You will get your Rwanda e-visa in just 1 Business Day
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda