Rwanda E-Visa Requirements For UK Citizens - Visa Fees
Thanks to natural beauty and fun-filled tourist activities, delicious cuisine, and friendly people, Rwanda remains one of the best East African destinations in the world.
Before planning a trip to Rwanda, make sure that you had everything well-prepared to get the best experiences in this beautiful country. Besides booking accommodation, flights, and package tours, the visa applications should not be excluded from your must-do list prior to your Rwanda tour. For UK travelers who want to get more information about visa application to Rwanda, we recommend that you read the information about the Rwanda visa requirements for UK citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for UK citizens:
Rwanda e-visas for UK citizens are electronic travel permits that can be obtained online and linked to a UK passport. Holders of this electronic visa are permitted to enter Rwanda.
The Rwanda electronic visa allows travelers from more than 100 countries, including British citizens, to enter the African country for up to 30 days.
The Rwanda e-visa is a simplified visa in that there is no need to visit an embassy in person, submit multiple documents, or wait months for a response.
The Rwanda online visa can be used for tourism, leisure, and visiting family in the country. UK citizens visiting Rwanda for reasons other than tourism or family visits should contact the nearest Rwandan embassy in the UK .
Validity of the Rwanda online visa for UK citizens:
The Rwanda visa online for UK citizens is valid for 3 months from the arrival date. The stay is usually brief, lasting no more than three months.
Rwanda Visa Types for UK citizens:
There are 4 main types of visas for UK citizens traveling to Rwanda:
- Rwanda tourist visa: UK citizens can use this visa for a single entry to Rwanda and stay there for 30 days.
- Rwanda conference visa: It is issued for any business purpose, such as attending business meetings, conferences, or contract negotiations. UK citizens applying for this visa can stay in Rwanda for 30 days from their arrival date
- Rwanda transit e-visas are valid for 3 days and allow UK travelers to stay in the country for up to three days between flights.
- East African Visa: This visa is designed for visitors who want to visit Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda with multiples entries in 3 countries. With this visa, British travelers can visit three countries and stay there for up to 90 days
2. Rwanda e-visa Requirements for UK citizens:
Applying for a Rwanda e-visa is very simple as there are only a few Rwanda electronic visa requirements for UK citizens. They consist of the following items:
- Valid Passport: Visitors from the UK to Rwanda must have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months after entering the country. In addition, make sure that there are at least one blank page left for any stamps that will be received at the Rwanda border.
- Digital Photo: One recent passport-sized digital photo, in either JPG or PNG format
Before beginning the application process, British nationals must ensure that their passport meets the aforementioned requirements. If this condition is not met, we ask that they submit it for renewal with their local authorities as soon as possible.
Similarly, it is critical to ensure that the digital copies of their required documentation are legible.
It may be necessary to provide some information about the applicant's health, such as a record of vaccinations, as well as proof of sufficient financial means to cover the applicant's stay in Rwanda. This is not always necessary, but it is important to have these documents on hand in case they are requested.
British citizens must also adhere to the 30-day maximum stay limit set by Rwanda for its e-visa.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa from the United Kingdom
UK citizens wishing to travel to Rwanda now can save a lot of time since they do not need to visit the nearest embassy or consulate in order to obtain a tourist visa; instead, an online application form can be used. Applicants of the United Kingdom can submit their e-visa requests via an online form. It consists of a brief questionnaire that should take no more than 15 to 20 minutes to complete.
UK citizens should not be worried about the Rwanda e-visa application as it is very straightforward and simple. British passport holders can get a visa for Rwanda from UK online in 3 steps
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda e visa
After completing the form, British citizens can pay with a bank card such as PayPal, Visa Card, MasterCard, American Express, or wire transfer.
If all the information provided is correct, the e-visa will be issued within 3 business days
British citizens with dual nationality can choose which passport to apply for; however, in order to avoid delays at the border, they must ensure that all information is correct and similar to the document they will travel with.
It is recommended that British visitors should bring a copy of their approved Rwanda e-visa with them when entering the country. Visitors from the United Kingdom must present it to an immigration official when crossing the border, along with the passport used for the application.
4. Rwanda visa fees for UK citizens:
To obtain a Rwanda visa for Uk citizens, British visitors have to pay two kinds of Rwanda e-Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee.
Regarding the service fee, it is determined by the length of time their applications is processed. Basically, there are several available prices depending on what kind of service they choose. As the UK citizens might expect, the sooner they want their application processed, the more fee they'll have to pay. We offer three options from which UK nationals can choose the one that is most convenient for them:
- Normal: When UK citizens have plenty of time to wait for their documents, this is the cheapest option. They will receive their visa within 3 business days
- Urgent: Pay a higher fee, and our team will work on their travel request more quickly. They will receive their visa within 2 days
- Super Urgent: If they pay the premium fee, the travel document will be delivered immediately. They will receive their visa within 1 day.
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda
Rwanda Visa Requirements for United Kingdom Citizens FAQs
Depending on how British citizens want to obtain a visa, they should apply for Rwanda visas at different times. The first method requires passengers to schedule appointments with embassies in order to obtain a Visa. To wait in a long line and complete the challenging procedures can take a lot of time. Applying for an e-visa is the greatest option for you to receive an e-visa as quickly as possible rather than wasting time and waiting effort.
Luckily, the Rwanda government has accepted e-visa online applications for more than 200 nationalities including British. By this way, UK citizens can apply for an e-visa fast and conveniently. The time to process your e-visa application is quite quick, it only takes 1 to 3 working days to get your e-visa done. Therefore, British citizens must apply for a Rwanda e-visa at least 4 working days before the intended date of entry. If travelers want to get e-visa quicker, they can apply online for Rush Visa service.
In order to experience a smooth process, UK citizens must prepare some extra documents to meet e-visa requirements:
- Make sure your passport is valid at least 6 months from the date of entry and have 2 or more blank pages for stamping.
- A scanned copy of your biographical page of passport
- A recent photo which is taken in the last 6 months
The answer for this question is YES. Rwanda is a small East African country that attracts visitors from all over the world, mainly to see its critically endangered mountain gorillas. Every traveler who wishes to visit Rwanda must have a valid visa. Unfortunately, the United Kingdom is not in the exempt country list for visa free so UK citizens must apply for an e-visa in order to enter Rwanda. If you have not had an e-visa yet? Please access Rwanda Immigration Services to apply for an e-visa.
E-visa is an electronic document which is authorized by the Rwanda government for UK travelers. This type of visa allows UK citizens to enter Rwanda for tourism, conference and transit. Before, UK travelers have to go to the Embassy to manage an in-person interview with embassies for granted an e-visa. However, e-visa is the best option for travelers to request in just a few minutes to complete the online form with an electronic device.
We are provide an easy-to-use online system for UK nationals to apply for an e-visa easily:
- Step 1: Fill out the personal information and passport number into online application form
- Step 2: Double check the information and make sure there are no incorrect words and typo. Then make a payment on our secure website.
- Step 3: Get e-visa through your email and print it out before going to the airport.
The answer is absolutely YES. If British nationals travel to another country but not Rwanda. They can stay in Rwanda while waiting for the next flight IF ONLY they have a transit e-visa. If not, UK visitors will be rejected to enter Rwanda at the border control. All travelers who intend to visit or go through Rwanda must have a valid visa and a valid passport.
A transit e-visa is a document showing that British citizens have permission to pass through Rwanda but only stay for 3 days there. During this time, British travelers can stop in this country and take a rest before attending the next flight. The process to get a transit e-visa is very simple. All British travelers have to do is fill out the application online form for having an e-visa. After completing, if travelers prepare enough documents needed, it will only take 1 or 3 business days to have an e-visa.
The e-visa for Rwanda result will be sent to your email address that you gave us when filling the form. Remember to print it out with the flight information before going to the airport. If any British citizens do not have a transit e-visa, they will be barred from stopping or entering Rwanda.
Since 2018, UK nationals may enter Rwanda for transit, conferences, and tourism with an electronic visa issued by the Rwandan government. The country's economy will increase significantly as a result of the rising number of visitors from UK. Rwanda has become the ideal destination for travelers to spend their vacations there.
How long it takes UK citizens to obtain a visa for Rwanda depends on the processing time they select. E-visa processing typically takes 1 to 3 business days. This is thought to be a lot quicker than waiting for a visa interview at an embassy or consulate. Thus, UK nationals must submit their applications at least 4 working days before they plan to travel to Rwanda.
Rwanda Immigration Services recommends that there are 3 options for UK nationals to choose in order to process their e-visa:
- Normal: For UK nationals who need an e-visa within three business days. Travelers will have time to prepare some additional documents needed for an e-visa during this time.
- Urgent: For UK nationals who need an e-visa within two business days.
- Super Urgent: For UK nationals who need an e-visa within one business day, this is the ideal alternative.
Travelers from other countries who want to visit Rwanda must have some recent photos and a photo of their passport's biographical page on hand. The Rwanda government has implemented some face photo criteria for e-visas for United Kingdom citizens. This means that the requirements listed below must be met by every UK applicant's digital photo for an e-visa:
- The photo can be in any format
- Photo size - minimum 10 KB and maximum 1 MB
- The picture’s height must match its width
- The photo should show clearly the front head, entire face
- The color of the photo must be plain light or white
- The photo must be taken with white background and no shadows
- The photo has no borders
- No wearing accessories such as glasses, hats, etc.
UK visitors must have a scan of their biographical page of their passport, which is still valid for six months after the date of arrival, ready for their passport photo. The size of this photo must be between 10 KB and 300 KB.
Travelers can more easily prepare images for an e-visa with Rwanda Immigration Services. If you need help determining the right size, send your images to us. After that, we will be happy to assist you. We hope that the information provided here will be useful to you as you complete the Rwanda Immigration Services website application for an e-visa.
The East African nation of Rwanda is a landlocked destination that is highly recommended to visit. You will see why it is frequently referred to as the "country of a thousand hills" after you visit. It has an astounding number and variety of flora and animals, and it is lush, green, and beautiful. But first, if UK nationals really prepare themselves for safe travel in order to enjoy all the wonderful landscape here.
British citizens must note that there is no risk of yellow fever in Rwanda. The following vaccinations are suggested by the CDC and WHO for Rwanda: hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, yellow fever, rabies, meningitis, polio, measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis), chickenpox, shingles, pneumonia and influenza. In addition, all UK travelers must have Covid-19 vaccinations before going to Rwanda.
Moreover, we are offering UK nationals to purchase travel insurance and Covid-19 insurance to make your journeys more safer and enjoyable. This is an optional but we highly recommend it. British citizens might pay for the amount of money but these insurance will be very helpful in unexpected circumstances. Especially Covid-19 insurance, it will cover all your medical costs and find the nearest hospitals for you in case you test positive with Covid-19.