Rwanda Visa Requirements For Malawian Citizens in 2024
Rwanda is known as the Land of a Thousand Hills and is a popular destination for gorilla tracking, which has aided the endangered species. The chance to see gorillas in their natural habitat is incredible. Trust the expert trackers and enjoy small, guided groups as you traverse bamboo-covered slopes and feel inspired as you observe these magnificent animals eating and sleeping during the day. Rwanda is home to the critically endangered mountain gorilla. Tracking gorillas in Rwanda is a popular activity that is accessible to the majority of visitors.
According to the most recent gorilla census, there are 1,000 mountain gorillas in the wild and 604 in the Virunga Massif. Check out the Volcanoes National Park's twelve gorilla families. A silverback and a few females and young gorillas are usually present in the group. Park rangers monitor them as a way to keep them safe. Furthermore, groups of tourists can only spend one hour per day in contact with the gorillas.
However, it is important to note that most visitors, including those with Malawian passports, require a visa before entering Rwanda.
Fortunately, obtaining a Rwanda visa for Malawian citizens is a quick and simple process that takes less than an hour. The process of obtaining a Rwanda visa for Malawian passport holders is simple and can be completed online.
Rwanda e-visa for Malawian citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Malawian citizens
Only a few countries around the world are exempt from having to apply for a visa before entering and traveling to Rwanda. Most foreign nationals, including Malawian citizens, must obtain a visa in order to visit Rwanda.
The Rwanda e-Visa is a single-entry electronic visa that was introduced in January 2018 to allow all eligible travelers to stay in Rwanda for a short period of time.
The Rwanda e-visa for Malawian citizens is valid for 90 days (three months) from the date of arrival and allows for one 30-day stay.
The Rwandan government implemented the Rwanda Visa system to simplify visa processing and speed up border control upon arrival.
This means that citizens of eligible countries no longer need to visit a Rwanda Embassy to obtain a visa. Eligible travelers will soon be approved if they have a valid passport, an internet connection, and access to any online payment method.
If Malawian travelers plan to travel to Rwanda, they can check the other available visas:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: allows the traveler to stay in the country for up to 30 days in total for travel, tourism, short-term health treatment, or other activities permitted by Rwandan law. This is a single-entry visa.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: allows transit in Rwanda and a stay for up to 03 days
- Rwanda Conference e-visa: The Rwanda Conference E-Visa is available for Malawian nationals to visit Rwanda to attend or speak at a conference, meeting, or seminar. With a Rwanda conference visa, you can enter the country once and have a 30-day stay there.
- East Africa e-visa: If you have 90 days in Africa, why not visit other East African countries? The East African e-Visa allows you to visit countries other than Rwanda. This e-visa allows for unlimited entry into Uganda and Kenya within 03 months of visa validity.
For nationals traveling to Rwanda for tourism or business, an e-visa is available.
Travelers planning to visit Rwanda for other reasons, such as work or study, should apply at a Rwanda embassy in Malawi
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Malawian citizens:
Getting a Rwanda e-visa for Malawian citizens is not a challenge. It is less difficult than going to an embassy. However, before you start the application process, double-check that you meet the requirements. Here's what you'll need:
- Passport - All applicants must have a valid passport that is valid for at least 6 months after their arrival in Rwanda. At least one blank page in the passport, so that border officers can stamp it.
- A passport information page scan
- A digital photo - You must ensure that the image adheres to the photo requirements.
- E-mail address - When you apply for a Rwanda e-visa, you will receive your travel documents in PDF format via email. We recommend keeping at least one hard copy on hand in case the system fails, and the soft copy cannot be checked.
- Payment methods - Payment must also be made online during the application process. Rwandaimmigration.org accepts credit/debit cards, but you can also use your Visa card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to the Bank of Cyprus.
Rwanda e-visa requirements for Malawian citizens
3. How to get a Rwanda e-visa for Malawian citizens:
As you might expect, you must also complete an application form. That should be a simple task for you, taking no more than 20 minutes of your time. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Rwandaimmigration.org's customer service. The service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is free of charge.
The form you need to review has three simple steps.
Step one requires you to provide some general information about yourself as an applicant and your trip, and then choose a processing time for your application.
After that, you need to make payment for the visa fee to complete the application. Keep in mind that the cost of your Rwanda e-visa for Malawian citizens is determined by the visa type and the processing time. You have the following options:
- Normal: The slowest option is also the least expensive. Your Rwanda visa will be ready in 03 business days.
- Urgent: With this option, you can expect to receive your visa in 02 business days
- Super urgent: Due to its speed, this is also the most expensive option. Within 1 business day, your application will be processed.
You must cover the payment and review your form during the second step so that it is error-free before being submitted. To avoid inconveniences such as delays or denial of the e-visa, it is critical that all information provided in the application form be accurate and up to date.
If there are any errors or unmatched information, your visa will be rendered invalid, requiring you to reapply.
The final step is for supporting documents. After you complete that task, you can simply submit your application, and the visa will be delivered to your e-mail inbox within the timeframe you specify.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
All communications regarding the e-visa, including acceptance or denial, will be sent via email, so they must provide a valid email address.
The processing time for an e-visa for Rwanda is typically 01 to 03 days. Travelers should plan ahead of time and submit their applications on time to avoid arriving in Rwanda before receiving approval.
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for Malawian citizens:
Obtaining a Rwanda e-visa for Malawian citizens does not have to be an expensive process, and Rwanda Immigration Services works hard to keep all costs as low as possible.
You must also pay a small processing fee to Rwanda Immigration Services and select one of three options based on the speed you require.
Simply select the desired speed and pay the fee along with the e-visa fee to complete your application.
To apply for a Rwanda visa online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Rwanda Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee.
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, and car pick-up services in Rwanda
Rwanda Immigration Services is the best option if you need a secure and quick way to process your application. Our advanced software ensures the safety and security of the information you provide us. We respect your privacy.
Contact our customer service representatives if you require personal assistance. They will provide more information on the Rwanda visa for Malawian citizens
The travel document will be sent to you via email at [email protected]