Check Rwanda visa requirements for Georgian citizens
Mountain gorilla trekking, birdwatching, traditional game drives, nature walks, cultural experiences, hiking, and lakeside relaxation are just a few of the activities available in Rwanda. Since the tragic genocide in 1994, the country has undergone a rapid transformation. Memorials can be found throughout the country, but the people of the "Land of a Thousand Hills" refuse to let history dictate their fate, and visitors can gain a deep appreciation for the Rwandan people's growth and unity.
Conservation organizations, government agencies, and ordinary Rwandans have developed long-term prosperity strategies based on the country's many natural treasures, the most well-known of which are Rwanda's Virunga mountain gorillas.
The country also offers spectacular hiking and trekking opportunities through dense rainforests to volcanic peak summits and even high above the tree canopy. In Rwanda, you are constantly surrounded by incredible wildlife, both large and small. The chatter of primates and the calls of birds fill the treetops. Butterflies float along wind currents looking for the perfect wildflower. As you travel through the country's outback, you can feel the presence of the sovereigns who once ruled here, and you may even meet Rwandans who keep alive centuries-old traditions and crafts.
Traveling to Rwanda is now simple thanks to the Rwanda e-visa. This electronic visa only takes a few minutes and an Internet connection. Following that, you will have the digital document in your inbox as well as access to Rwanda. Rwanda Immigration Services is your ideal partner because we have made the process as simple as possible for you.
Let us help you with the Rwanda e-visa for Georgian citizens. We can handle your travel requirements at any time.
1. Rwanda e-visa for Georgian citizens
Georgian passport holders need a visa for Rwanda. They can now apply for an electronic visa entirely online. The Rwanda Government introduced the Rwanda e-visa to make obtaining a tourist visa easier for citizens of over 100 countries.
Rwanda e-Visa applicants do not need to visit an embassy or consulate at any point, the process is 100% electronic.
The Rwanda e-visa for Georgian citizens is a single entry visa that allows a total stay of 30 days in Rwanda for visits for tourism, leisure, and visiting family in the country. It is also possible to obtain a Rwanda e-Visa for transit purposes.
An embassy visa is required to travel from Georgia to Rwanda for more than 90 days or for purposes other than business or tourism.
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: If you want to spend more time in Rwanda, the Tourist E-Visa is ideal. This E-Visa is ideal for Georgian visitors who want to relax, visit friends and family, or go sightseeing. When you arrive in Rwanda, you'll have plenty of time to explore everything this beautiful country has to offer. The Tourist E-Visa is valid for 30 days from the issue date and allows you to enter Rwanda only once.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: You don't want to spend that much time in Rwanda? Then consider the Transit E-Visa, which allows Georgian citizens up to three days in Rwanda. This E-Visa is ideal for travelers passing through Rwanda on their way to another country. Again, you do not require a Transit E-Visa or any other type of visa to catch a connecting flight. If you're already in Rwanda, why not spend some time exploring the breathtaking sights? Get one now!
- Rwanda Conference e-visa: If you are a Georgian national, you can apply for the Rwanda Conference E-Visa. This travel document is available if you want to attend or speak at a conference, meeting, or seminar in Rwanda. The Tourist E-Visa is valid for 30 days from when you arrive and allows for one entry into Rwanda
- East Africa e-visa: Without a doubt, this is the best way to experience Rwanda and its surrounding nations. You will be able to enter and exit Rwanda and Kenya freely during your 90-day stay with the East Africa E-Visa.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Georgian citizens:
Rwanda's government established a number of Rwandan e-Visa requirements that all international visitors must follow and fulfill. Georgians can apply for the Tourist e-Visa if they have certain documents and provide accurate personal information.
Georgian citizens must have the following:
- A Georgian passport with a minimum validity of 6 months after the intended date of departure from Rwanda
- A digital scan of the passport’s biography page
- Inside the passport, at least two blank pages are available for receiving exit/entry stamps at the Rwanda border.
- Photo: An updated passport photo in accordance with passport regulations.
- Accommodation details: Proof of hotel reservation.
- Return ticket: To assure you will not continue in the country after the expiration date of your Rwanda e-visa for Georgian citizens
- An email address that the applicant has access to, where the e-visa and any application-related notifications will be delivered
Georgian citizens must also abide by the maximum time of stay set by Rwanda for its e-visa: 30 consecutive days.
3. How to get a Rwanda online visa for Georgian citizens:
To get the Rwanda e-visa for Georgian citizens, travelers must follow a few simple steps:
Step 1: Fill out the electronic application form for Georgian citizens
Step 2: Pay for the e-Visa processing fee.
Step 3: Submit the application for review.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online?
Georgian citizens must provide the following details in their Rwanda e-Visa application form:
- Personal information such as full name, gender, date of birth, and country of citizenship
- Passport information, such as number, issue date, and expiry date
- Contact information, including a working email address
- Travel plans, specifically the intended arrival date in Rwanda
The approved travel permit will be emailed to Georgian applicants who provided an email address in their Rwanda e-Visa application form.
How long does it take to obtain a visa to Rwanda from Georgia?
Although most applications are processed within 72 hours, applicants from Georgia should allow up to seven business days. Once approved, travelers will be emailed their e-Visa, which they must print and present at border controls when entering Rwanda.
Georgian nationals should apply for the e-Visa at least one week in advance of their trip to ensure they receive it before departure.
While the majority of e-Visa applications are approved, the electronic visa to Rwanda may be denied on rare occasions. In these cases, applicants will be notified via email and will be able to correct their errors and resubmit their applications.
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for Georgian citizens:
Your Rwanda e-visa fee is measured based on the processing speed and the visa type. Currently, there are 3 options, including processing time:
- Normal: Received within 72 business hours. For most travelers, this is the most cost-effective option. You will be able to obtain your visa on time and save money.
- Urgent: Received within 48 business hours. If you need your Rwanda e-Visa quickly, you will have to pay slightly more than the standard option.
- Super urgent: Received within 24 business hours. This is an incredible option for those who need the Rwanda e-visa for Georgian citizens on short notice.
To apply for a Rwanda visa online from Georgia, you must pay two (2) types of Rwanda Visa fees: a Service Fee and a Government Fee.