Rwanda Visa for South Korean Citizens 2024
Rwanda remains one of the world's most popular tourist destinations, not just in the Middle East.
Every year, millions of tourists from all over the world visit the East African country, the majority of whom, including South Korean passport holders, require a visa.
South Korean citizens are eligible for an online visa (e-visa), allowing them to expedite the visa application process.
Find out about the online Rwanda visa for South Korean citizens, including visa requirements and how to apply online
Rwanda e-visa for South Korean citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for South Korean citizens:
South Korean citizens must hold a Rwanda visa to enter the country. Depending on the purpose and duration of their trip, passport holders from South Korea may be able to apply for a Rwanda visa online
The Rwanda e-Visa (also known as the Rwanda Entry e-Visa) is an official travel document required for certain foreigners wishing to enter Rwanda. It is easier to obtain than a paper visa because it is processed electronically. South Korean tourists can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days with the e-Visa.
The Rwanda e-Visa application process is quick and easy. Korean applicants are not required to visit a Rwanda embassy or participate in an interview.
The Rwanda e visa for South Korean citizens can be used for visits for tourism, leisure, and visiting family in the country. It is also possible to get a Rwanda e-Visa for transit.
Koreans visiting Rwanda for reasons other than tourism or visiting family should enquire at the embassy of Rwanda in South Korea
Type of Rwanda e visas:
- Rwanda transit e-visa: If a quick trip is all you need or have time for, the Transit e-Visa can make it a memorable one. South Korean travelers can spend up to 03 days in Rwanda between attractions, taking samples of the local cultural flavor while waiting for their next flight. This type of visa cannot be extended.
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: Get the Tourist e-Visa to maximize your time in Rwanda. This option allows South Korean travelers to spend their time in Rwanda doing whatever they want, from sightseeing to visiting friends and family. You are granted a Single Entry, and your stay in Rwanda is limited to 30 days from the arrival date.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: You can apply for the Rwanda Conference E-Visa if you are a South Korean citizen. If you want to attend or speak at a conference, meeting, or seminar in Rwanda, this travel document is available. This visa allows you to enter Rwanda once and stay for 30 days.
- East Africa e-visa: This visa is issued for multiple-entry travel to Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda simultaneously. You can visit three countries and stay for up to 90 days with this visa.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for South Korean citizens
Before beginning the application process for the Rwanda e-visa, South Korean citizens will need to ensure they satisfy all the necessary requirements for a successful Rwanda e-Visa application.
The full list of Rwanda visa requirements for South Korean citizens is the following:
- A valid South Korean Passport with a validity that extends 6 months from the date of their arrival in Rwanda
- A passport-sized digital photo of the applicant
- A copy of the biographical page of the passport
- An email address to which the e-visa can be sent
Travelers should apply for their e-Visa in advance to account for any unexpected delays during the application process. The recommended time frame is seven days before their trip to Rwanda
South Korean citizens whose passports are about to expire within 06 months from the intended entry date in Rwanda should consider renewing their passports before applying for the e-Visa.
Rwanda e-visa requirements for South Korean citizens
3. How to get a Rwanda e visa for South Korean citizens:
Each traveler must submit a separate application form when applying for an e-visa to Rwanda from South Korea. This is also true for children, families, and groups of people traveling together.
To obtain a Rwanda e-Visa for South Korean citizens, you must complete the Rwanda online visa application form entering your personal and passport information, such as:
- Name, gender, date, and place of birth
- Country of nationality
- Contact information (home address, phone number, email address)
- Passport number
- Dates of issue and expiry of the passport
South Korean citizens can get a Rwanda tourist visa in 03 simple steps:
Step 1: Complete the online application form
Step 2: Pay the visa processing fee
Step 3: Download the Rwanda e-Visa and print it out.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
It is critical that all the information provided in the form is correct and complete. Any errors or discrepancies can cause delays in the Rwanda e-visa processing time for South Korean applicants.
Due to errors, the Rwanda visa for South Korean citizens may also be denied. Candidates are required to submit a new application and pay an additional processing fee in this case.
Processing time for Rwanda e-visa for South Korean citizens:
The Rwanda e-Visa approval is sent to the applicant's email address within 01 to 03 business days of applying. However, in most cases, South Korean nationals will obtain an e-visa already within 24 hours.
Note that it is necessary to print out the Rwanda e-visa for South Korean citizens before traveling. Passengers will be asked to present their visas at the border crossing along with their valid passports.
How to get a Rwanda e-visa for South Korean citizens
4. Rwanda e visa fees for South Korean citizens:
All types of visas for Rwanda carry a cost. South Korean citizens who apply for a Rwanda e-Visa have to pay 02 types of visa fees including the Government fee and the Service fee. The online Rwanda visa fee for South Korean citizens can be paid securely online with a debit or credit card. Traveler’s data is protected.
Rwanda's immigration services gladly accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, or wire transfers to the Bank of Cyprus. Use whichever you prefer at checkout.
When you use rwandaimmigration.org's services to apply for a Rwanda e-Visa, you have the option of selecting the processing speed.
- Normal: your Rwanda e-Visa is ready within 03 Business Days
- Urgent: your Rwanda e-visa arrives within 02 Business Days
- Super urgent: Your travel document is ready within 01 Business Day
In addition, we recommend that you should buy a Rwanda travel insurance