Check Rwanda visa requirements for Swedish citizens
The majority of foreign citizens who wish to travel to Rwanda must first obtain a visa. There are only a few nationalities whose citizens can visit Rwanda without a visa for short periods of time. Swedish citizens who wish to visit Rwanda must obtain a Rwanda e-Visa. There are various types of Rwanda visas available to Swedish nationals, depending on the length and purpose of their stay.
The Rwanda electronic visa is the quickest and easiest way to obtain a visa. Applicants from Sweden can apply for a Rwanda e-Visa from the comfort of their own homes. The Rwanda e-Visa for Swedish citizens allows the holder to stay in Rwanda for a short period.
Find out the Rwanda e-Visa requirements for Swedish citizens and how to apply in this article!
1. Rwanda e-visa for Swedish citizens:
The Rwanda electronic visa for Swedish citizens was first introduced in 2018 in order to modernize the country's visa policy and reduce passport control queues. A Rwanda e-Visa is an electronic visa that can be obtained by filling out an online application. This is the quickest and most convenient way to obtain a Rwanda visa.
Travelers simply fill out a brief online form with their information and attach the necessary supporting documents. Within a few business days, the e-Visa is sent via email.
The Rwanda e-Visa for Swedish citizens has a validity of 03 months from the day Swedish nationals arrive in Rwanda.
Rwanda e-visas make it easier to visit the country for tourism and other purposes such as sightseeing, mountaineering, trekking, and visiting friends and family.
People who want to stay for more than a month or for reasons other than tourism should contact the Rwanda embassy in Sweden for visa information.
Rwanda e-Visa Types for Swedish citizens:
There are four types of e-visas for Rwanda.
- Rwanda Tourist e-Visa: Allows for Single Entry for tourist, visit, and business purposes to the Republic of Rwanda. With this type of visa, Swedish nationals can stay in the country up to 30 days from the arrival date.
- Rwanda conference visa: The Rwanda Conference E-Visa permits the staying time in Rwanda up to 30 days from the date of entry with a Single Entry into the country. This visa is a travel document available to Swedish visitors to Rwanda to attend a conference, meeting, or seminar organized in the country.
- Rwanda transit visa: Swedish citizens intending to transit through Rwanda to another destination are granted transit visas for no more than three days.
- East Africa Visa: If you decide to visit Rwanda, Uganda, and Kenya, all in one trip, you should know that a Rwanda East Africa visa is available for Swedish citizens. With a Rwanda East Africa visa, you can enter between 03 countries multiple times, and stay there for a total of 90 days from the arrival date.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Swedish citizens:
To apply for the Rwanda e-Visa from Sweden, you must meet the following entry visa requirements:
- Official Passport from Sweden: The applicant must have a valid Swedish passport. This passport must be valid for at least 06 months from the applicant's intended arrival date in Rwanda, with a minimum of 02 unused pages for verification stamps.
- A recent digital photo – The visa applicant must have a recent digital photo in either PNG or JPG format, with a clear face and background.
- A valid email address – The e-Visa will be sent to this email once it is issued. Although the e-Visa will be linked to your passport, you are advised to print a copy and bring it along with you. You may be requested to present a printed copy of the Rwanda e-Visa from Sweden, along with the appropriate passport, to immigration officers upon arrival in Rwanda to gain expedited entry.
The passport used to obtain a Rwanda e-visa for Swedish citizens should be the same one used to travel to Rwanda later. Applicants who have multiple passports should use the same travel document. This is due to the fact that the approved e-Visa is electronically linked to the passport.
In addition, it is critical to double-check that all the information provided is correct before submitting the application for approval.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa from Sweden:
To encourage tourism in the country, the Rwandan Government has implemented an online tourist visa for a number of nationalities, including Swedish citizens, which eliminates the need to apply for a visa from an embassy or consulate for short stays or to queue at the border for a Rwanda visa.
If the travelers have a valid Swedish passport, they can now apply for a Rwanda Visa online from the convenience of their own homes.
The application process is simple and can be completed in a matter of minutes. Completing an online visa application form with basic personal and passport information is required.
Swedish travelers can get the Rwanda visa from Sweden in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the Rwanda e-Visa form online. Swedish applicants need to fill in information about visa details (Types of visa, transportation method, port of arrival, processing time) and personal information (Full name, Date of birth, Nationality, Passport number, Date of arrival/Departure)
- Step 2: Pay the Rwanda visa fees for Swedish citizens, using one of 02 payment methods: electronic payment (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Paypal) and wire transfer (HSBC direct bank transaction).
- Step 3: Download the Rwanda e-Visa and print it out.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
The processing time for a visa is determined by the number of applicants and the date of application. The approval process should take from 24 to 72 hours if Swedish residents apply for a Rwanda visa through Global Immigration Services Limited.
When the visa is complete, it is linked to the applicant's passport and notified to the applicant via email. A copy of the visa will also be emailed to the applicants.
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda