Check Rwanda visa requirements for UAE residents
Rwanda is an African country famous for its rich natural and cultural diversity; as well as extraordinary biodiversity, with incredible wildlife living in its volcanoes, montane rainforest, and sweeping plains.
For many years, this country exemplifies Africa’s power and magic, attracting a large number of international tourists. For Emirate travelers who plan to travel to Rwanda, they must have known that they will need a Rwanda e-Visa for the entry permit, or also they can apply for an East Africa visa. The Rwanda visa for UAE residents is easy to get through an online application so that UAE citizens can save a lot of time and cost. Besides their online visas, the UAE residents traveling to Rwanda must prepare a few other documents required by Rwanda Government
Find all the information and requirements for the Rwanda visa online from the United Arab Emirates on this page.
1. Rwanda e-visa for UAE residents
The Rwanda e-visa for UAE residents is an official travel document required for certain foreigners wishing to enter Rwanda. Because it is processed electronically, it is easier to obtain than a paper visa.
The Rwanda visa has a maximum validity period of 3 months from the date of entry. It also allows for a single entry into Rwanda. The electronic visa for Rwanda from the United Arab Emirates can be used for the purposes of tourism, leisure, and visiting friends and family.
UAE residents who want to visit Rwanda for reasons other than tourism, or who plan to stay longer than a month, should be aware that the e-visa does not cover these activities. Emirate visitors should contact the Rwanda Embassy in the United Arab Emirates for more information on the appropriate visa.
Rwanda visas types for UAE residents:
Rwanda's e-visa allows single entry, and anyone requiring multiple entries can refer to the East Africa visa. There are different kinds of Rwanda electronic visas available for UAE residents. The type of visa required varies depending on the purpose of the visit and the number of visits required.
- Rwanda e-Tourist Visa allows a single entry into Rwanda for a maximum of 30 days.
- Rwanda Conference Visa: The Rwanda Conference E-Visa is an electronic visa that allows Emirate nationals to enter Rwanda for the purpose of attending a conference, meeting, or seminar. This visa is appropriate for an Emirate visitor who is a conference speaker or attendee. The Rwanda Conference E-Visa allows UAE citizens to stay in Rwanda for 30 days from their arrival date
- Rwanda Transit Visa: allows Emirate travelers to stay and have a short trip in the country for up to three days
- East Africa Visa: This is a Joint Tourist Visa issued to persons traveling to and within Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda for tourism. The duration stay of an East Africa Visa is 90 days from the arrival date
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for UAE residents:
Before proceeding to the application form, we recommend reading the Rwanda visa requirements for UAE residents. The Rwanda e-visa requirements are standard for international tourism, including the following:
- Passport issued by the government of the United Arab Emirates (this passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the date of entry
- Have digital copies of their passport's front and back covers, as well as the biographical pages.
- Digital Photo: The online Rwanda visa application requires all Emirate travelers to have a recent passport-size photo in digital format (either in JPEG or PNG format).
- Current email to get the Rwanda e-visa approval letter.
UAE citizens traveling to Rwanda with minors should be aware that applicants under the age of 12 are also required to provide a birth certificate. When crossing the Rwanda border, UAE citizens should also ensure that their passport has at least one blank page with space for entry/exit stamps.
UAE citizens who wish to travel to Rwanda in 2022 are recommended to consult the latest COVID-19 entry requirement.
3. How to Apply for a Rwanda Electronic Visa from the United Arab Emirates
Applying for a Rwanda visa online from the United Arab Emirates is quite simple and straightforward. UAE citizens can obtain the Rwanda tourist visa online in 3 steps
Before submitting the form, the applicant should double-check all the information. Any mistakes, including spelling errors, could lead to processing delays. Once all of these steps have been completed, applicants must wait for further information to be sent to them via email.
Rwanda e-visa applications from the United Arab Emirates are typically processed online and returned within one (1) to three (3) business days depending on the visa service that the applicants choose
Once approved, the Rwanda e-visa for UAE residents will be emailed to the applicant as a PDF attachment.
The e-visa for entry into Rwanda must be printed and presented to border officials upon arrival. The Emirati passport is also required.
4. Rwanda e visa fee for UAE residents:
Rwanda e visa fee for UAE residents varies depending on the type of permit applied for. An e-visa generally costs less than a traditional embassy visa.
To obtain a Rwanda e visa for UAE residents, UAE citizens have to pay for two (02) kinds of Rwanda e-visa fees, which are called Service Fees and Government fees. The government fee is the amount they must pay to the Rwanda Immigration Department in order to get a visa. The service fee is determined by the number of people covered by their application and the urgency with which they require the visa. Our service offers UAE visitors the choice of the processing time for your application
- Normal: Their Rwanda visas arrive in 3 business days
- Urgent: Their applications are processed within just 2 days
- Super Urgent: Their travel documents will be ready in 1 Business Day.
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda