Rwanda Visa For Malaysian Citizens - Visa Fees Sep 2023
A popular activity in Rwanda is mountain gorilla trekking, which allows visitors to see endangered mountain gorillas, golden monkeys, and other primates up close and personal. A Rwanda safari, however, is more than meets the eye. Gorilla tracking in the rainforest is just the tip of the iceberg of unforgettable experiences. A trip to the Land of a Thousand Hills will also include sightings of the Big 5, hiking up ancient dormant volcanoes, and relaxing on the "beach."
Malaysians are one of the nationalities eligible for a Rwanda e-visa. As a Malaysian citizen planning to visit Rwanda for 30 days or less, Rwanda immigration services can assist you in applying for a Rwanda visa online. The procedure is quick and easy, and you can have it in a few days. Nevertheless, keep in mind that you are required to apply for your Rwanda visa online for Malaysian citizens at least 07 days before your departure.
Read on to find out more about the Rwanda visa requirements for Malaysian citizens and how to apply for a Rwanda visa online and visa fees.
Rwanda e-visa for Malaysian citizens
1. Rwanda eVisa for Malaysian citizens:
For the time being, citizens of more than 200 countries, including Malaysians, have access to a Rwanda electronic visa. If this is the case, you will no longer need to visit the Rwandan embassy to apply for a visa. You can now complete an online application from the comfort of your own home.
The online visa system makes obtaining a visa for Rwanda a simple process. Malaysian passport holders can apply for a visa and receive their visa via email if they meet the visa requirements. A tourist visa is required for Malaysian citizens to visit Rwanda for up to 30 days. Applying for a visa online eliminates the need to travel to an embassy or consulate and can be completed from the comfort of your own home.
Malaysians can use this electronic travel authorization for tourism/leisure, for visiting family, or for transiting through Rwanda.
By obtaining a Rwanda transit e-visa, Malaysians can also stay in the country for up to three days between flights.
The Rwanda electronic visa for Malaysian citizens is a single-entry visa that allows holders to stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days, making it ideal for those who want to spend time traveling around the country or visiting friends and/or family.
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: is a travel document that allows citizens of Malaysia to legally enter the country for tourism-related purposes. The Rwanda visa is valid for 03 months from the date of arrival, allowing Malaysian citizens to stay in the country for up to 30 days. You can also only enter the country once with this visa.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: You can obtain the Rwanda Conference e-Visa as a Malaysian citizen. Using this electronic visa, you can attend or speak at a conference, meeting, or seminar in Rwanda. This is a single entry visa, permitting a duration of stay of 30 days from the arrival date for Malaysian nationals.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: You can apply for this visa if you transit through Rwanda. It is great for a three-day trip to Rwanda and allows for one entry. This type of visa cannot be extended.
- East Africa e-visa: The visa allows you to visit Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya simultaneously. It has a maximum validity of 90 days and multiple entries between these three countries.
2. Rwanda eVisa requirements for Malaysian citizens:
Rwanda immigration services may handle most of the work, but Malaysian citizens have to provide some information to help them get started. However, there is nothing unusual about these documents, so don't be concerned. Here is a list of Rwanda e-visa requirements for Malaysian citizens:
- Each passenger's digital passport copy. Remember that your passport must still be valid for at least 6 months from the date you enter Rwanda.
- The passport must have at least 02 blank pages for the Immigration Officer to stamp.
- A scanned copy of the information page from your passport.
- A recent color passport photograph.
- E-mail address - You will receive all documents and notifications via email, so having a valid address is critical.
Malaysian applicants do not need to appear in person at a Rwandan embassy or consulate. The data is all submitted electronically.
Rwanda e-visa requirements for Malaysian citizens
3. How to get a Rwanda visa online for Malaysian citizens:
If you are eligible for the Rwanda eVisa for Malaysian citizens, you can get the travel permit in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the online Rwanda visa application form, providing some basic information about visa details and personal information.
- Step 2: Pay the Rwanda e-Visa fees for Malaysian citizens
- Step 3: Download and print out the Rwanda visa online
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
Eligible citizens can complete the simple online application in around 10 minutes to get the Rwanda online visa from Malaysia. They will be required to complete the form with a range of personal and passport information, including:
- Visa details (type of visa, number of applicants, and processing time)
- Full Name
- Date and place of birth
- Contact details
- Passport number
Applicants should take the time to double-check that all the information on the Rwanda visa application form from Malaysia is correct. Any inaccuracies in the information may result in the rejection or postponement of the Rwanda visa.
How to get a Rwanda visa online from Malaysia
The Rwanda e-Visa application from Malaysia will take approximately 03 working days to process, excluding public holidays and Rwandan weekends. If the application is approved, the applicant will receive an email from the Rwanda Immigration Services, as well as the Rwanda e-visa for Malaysian citizens.
After receiving the Rwanda e-visa for Malaysian citizens in their inbox, the travelers will be able to print a copy. In addition to presenting the Rwanda tourist visa alongside the relevant passport upon arrival at Rwanda International Airport, it is recommended that visitors keep a printed copy of the Rwanda visa on their person throughout their stay.
Besides, you can also apply to get a regular visa at Rwanda Embassy in Malaysia for other reasons or longer stays in the country.
4. Rwanda visa fees for Malaysian citizens:
When filling out your application form, you must select the best processing time for your needs. The following three excellent options are available through Rwanda immigration services:
- Normal: This is the most affordable option for those who can wait 03 days before departing for Rwanda.
- Urgent: If you have a large budget, you can select this option for your Visa application, ensuring that your Visa is ready well before your trip. Your e-visa will arrive in your email inbox within 48 hours.
- Super urgent: If you need to leave for your trip right away, this is the best option for you. This option will ensure that you receive your Visa as soon as possible. Your e-visa will arrive in your email inbox within 24 hours.
There are two kinds of Rwanda e-visa fees that Malaysian citizens will have to pay for to get an e-Visa to Rwanda, including a Rwanda e-visa service fee and a Rwanda Government fee.
Besides, we also provide other service packages such as Rwanda travel insurance , Rwanda travel sim, and car pick-up service in Rwanda.