Rwanda visa requirements for Kenyan citizens
Rwanda is a travel destination that should be put on everyone’s bucket list. Rwanda is a one-of-a-kind safari destination with a wide range of tourist activities to suit the interests of every type of traveler. With its genocide history, the country has a lot to show the world about the events of the genocide and why it should never happen again.
When Kenyans decide to visit Rwanda for tourism purposes, they should be aware that they may need to apply for a visa in advance. Thankfully, it is quick and easy to apply and get approved for a Rwanda visa for Kenyan citizens online.
Kenyan citizens will find useful information on applying for a Rwanda electronic visa in this article, including Rwanda visa requirements for Kenyan citizens and how to apply for a visa to Rwanda from Kenya.
1. Rwanda electronic visa for Kenyan citizens:
The Rwanda e-visa is an electronic visa that facilitates entry into the country from Kenya and several other countries. It is a form of electronic travel authorization that will allow you to remain in Rwanda for a short period.
The Rwanda e-visa for Kenyan citizens is valid for 03 months from the day Kenyans arrive in the country.
The online visa for Rwanda can be used for tourism, leisure, and visiting family in the country. It is also possible to obtain a Rwanda e-visa for transit purposes.
Foreign travelers visiting Rwanda for reasons other than tourism or family visits should contact the nearest Rwandan embassy or consulate.
Kenyan citizens who wish to study, work, volunteer, receive medical treatment, or permanently relocate to Rwanda must apply for a visa beforehand. This can be done by visiting the Rwanda embassy in Kenya
Types of Rwanda e-visas available to Kenyan citizens:
There are 04 types of Rwanda e-visa available to Kenyan passport holders. Here is a quick overview of each type:
- Rwanda e tourist visa: This single-entry visa allows Kenyans to stay in Rwanda for a period of 30 days from the arrival date for such purposes as tourism, sightseeing, and having a short visit to family and friends.
- Rwanda conference e-visa is an electronic visa that allows Kenyan residents to enter Rwanda if they are there for a conference, meeting, and related activities. This visa allows a Single Entry to Rwanda, with a duration of stay up to 30 days.
- Rwanda transit visa: Kenyan travelers passing through Rwanda for a period of no more than 72 hours can apply for this type of visa. Applicants must have a confirmed onward ticket from Rwanda to a third country or other acceptable plans to leave Rwanda within 72 hours of their arrival.
- East Africa Visa: Allows for Multiple Entries for Kenyan tourists, to Uganda and Rwanda, with Rwanda being the first destination on the trip. The East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days from the date of arrival. This visa is only valid for tourism (no work is permitted) and cannot be extended.
2. Rwanda visa requirements for Kenyan citizens:
Just a few documents are required to complete the Rwanda e-visa application from Kenya. To submit an e-visa application, you must first meet the Rwanda visa requirements for Kenyan citizens.
The Kenyan applicant must have:
- A valid Kenyan passport – make sure that the document is valid for at least 06 months after your arrival in Rwanda and has at least 02 blank pages for verification.
- Digital copies of Kenyan passport's biographical pages.
- Digital Photo: One recent passport-sized digital photo with a clear face against a white/plain background.
- A valid email address to receive the approved visa for Rwanda from Kenya
After receiving your approved e-visa for Rwanda via email, you should also print a copy to present along with your passport at the airport.
In addition, you must enter the country with the same passport you used to apply for a visa online. Dual nationals with multiple passports should be aware of this.
3. How to apply for a visa for Rwanda from Kenya?
Kenyan tourists entering Rwanda do not need to go to a Rwandan embassy or wait in line at the airport to obtain a visa for Rwanda. Kenyan citizens are now eligible to apply for the Rwanda e-visa via an online portal. The online visa application form for Kenyan citizens is easy and straightforward.
Find below the 3 steps to follow to apply for a Rwanda e-visa from Kenya:
- Step 1: Fill out the Rwanda e-visa form. In this step, Kenyans need to fill in information about visa details (Types of visa, transportation method, port of arrival, processing time) and personal information (Full name, Date of birth, Nationality, Passport number)
- Step 2: Pay the Rwanda processing fee by your credit card or debit card, MasterCard, Paypal, VisaCard, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account
- Step 3: Download the Rwanda e-Visa and print it out.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
Before submitting the application, it is especially important to go back and double-check the information provided to ensure that everything is correct and error-free. After all of these steps are complete, Kenyan applicants can go ahead and submit their applications. The entire procedure takes about 15 minutes to complete.
Once the applicant submits the online form, the visa application can be processed in as little as 24 hours. The applicant will be notified via the email address provided on the online application.
Once the Rwanda e-visa for Kenya visa is approved, a copy of the e-visa is sent via email. Although the electronic visa for Rwanda is electronically linked to the applicant's passport, it is still recommended to print copies of the visa for presentation to immigration officers upon entry into Rwanda.
4. Rwanda e-visa fee for Kenyan citizens:
The online e-visa system is the simplest and fastest way for Kenyans to obtain a travel permit for Rwanda for tourism purposes.
To obtain a visa to Rwanda from Kenya, applicants have to pay two kinds of Rwanda visa fees, including the Government fees and Service fee.
The Government fee is the amount you must pay to the Rwanda Immigration Department in order for them to issue you a visa. This is the mandatory fee for applicants wishing to apply for a Rwanda e-visa.
The service fee is determined by the number of people covered by your application and the urgency with which you require the visa.
In total, there are 03 options with different processing times for you to choose from:
- Normal Service: this service type offers you a standardized processing time that you will get your e-visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent Service: you will have a higher state of service when choosing this type. As a result, you can expect to receive your e-visa in 48 hours.
- Super urgent Service: this e-visa is the highest priority type that can help you get your e-visa within 24 hours.
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda