Rwanda Visa For Kenyan Citizens - Visa Fees September 2023
Rwanda is a travel destination that should be put on everyone’s bucket list. Rwanda is a one-of-a-kind safari destination with a wide range of tourist activities to suit the interests of every type of traveler. With its genocide history, the country has a lot to show the world about the events of the genocide and why it should never happen again.
When Kenyans decide to visit Rwanda for tourism purposes, they should be aware that they may need to apply for a visa in advance. Thankfully, it is quick and easy to apply and get approved for a Rwanda visa for Kenyan citizens online.
Kenyan citizens will find useful information on applying for a Rwanda electronic visa in this article, including Rwanda visa requirements for Kenyan citizens and how to apply for a visa to Rwanda from Kenya.
1. Rwanda electronic visa for Kenyan citizens:
The Rwanda e-visa is an electronic visa that facilitates entry into the country from Kenya and several other countries. It is a form of electronic travel authorization that will allow you to remain in Rwanda for a short period.
The Rwanda e-visa for Kenyan citizens is valid for 03 months from the day Kenyans arrive in the country.
The online visa for Rwanda can be used for tourism, leisure, and visiting family in the country. It is also possible to obtain a Rwanda e-visa for transit purposes.
Foreign travelers visiting Rwanda for reasons other than tourism or family visits should contact the nearest Rwandan embassy or consulate.
Kenyan citizens who wish to study, work, volunteer, receive medical treatment, or permanently relocate to Rwanda must apply for a visa beforehand. This can be done by visiting the Rwanda embassy in Kenya
Types of Rwanda e-visas available to Kenyan citizens:
There are 04 types of Rwanda e-visa available to Kenyan passport holders. Here is a quick overview of each type:
- Rwanda e tourist visa: This single-entry visa allows Kenyans to stay in Rwanda for a period of 30 days from the arrival date for such purposes as tourism, sightseeing, and having a short visit to family and friends.
- Rwanda conference e-visa is an electronic visa that allows Kenyan residents to enter Rwanda if they are there for a conference, meeting, and related activities. This visa allows a Single Entry to Rwanda, with a duration of stay up to 30 days.
- Rwanda transit visa: Kenyan travelers passing through Rwanda for a period of no more than 72 hours can apply for this type of visa. Applicants must have a confirmed onward ticket from Rwanda to a third country or other acceptable plans to leave Rwanda within 72 hours of their arrival.
- East Africa Visa: Allows for Multiple Entries for Kenyan tourists, to Uganda and Rwanda, with Rwanda being the first destination on the trip. The East Africa Visa is valid for 90 days from the date of arrival. This visa is only valid for tourism (no work is permitted) and cannot be extended.
2. Rwanda visa requirements for Kenyan citizens:
Just a few documents are required to complete the Rwanda e-visa application from Kenya. To submit an e-visa application, you must first meet the Rwanda visa requirements for Kenyan citizens.
The Kenyan applicant must have:
- A valid Kenyan passport – make sure that the document is valid for at least 06 months after your arrival in Rwanda and has at least 02 blank pages for verification.
- Digital copies of Kenyan passport's biographical pages.
- Digital Photo: One recent passport-sized digital photo with a clear face against a white/plain background.
- A valid email address to receive the approved visa for Rwanda from Kenya
After receiving your approved e-visa for Rwanda via email, you should also print a copy to present along with your passport at the airport.
In addition, you must enter the country with the same passport you used to apply for a visa online. Dual nationals with multiple passports should be aware of this.
3. How to apply for a visa for Rwanda from Kenya?
Kenyan tourists entering Rwanda do not need to go to a Rwandan embassy or wait in line at the airport to obtain a visa for Rwanda. Kenyan citizens are now eligible to apply for the Rwanda e-visa via an online portal. The online visa application form for Kenyan citizens is easy and straightforward.
Find below the 3 steps to follow to apply for a Rwanda e-visa from Kenya:
- Step 1: Fill out the Rwanda e-visa form. In this step, Kenyans need to fill in information about visa details (Types of visa, transportation method, port of arrival, processing time) and personal information (Full name, Date of birth, Nationality, Passport number)
- Step 2: Pay the Rwanda processing fee by your credit card or debit card, MasterCard, Paypal, VisaCard, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account
- Step 3: Download the Rwanda e-Visa and print it out.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
Before submitting the application, it is especially important to go back and double-check the information provided to ensure that everything is correct and error-free. After all of these steps are complete, Kenyan applicants can go ahead and submit their applications. The entire procedure takes about 15 minutes to complete.
Once the applicant submits the online form, the visa application can be processed in as little as 24 hours. The applicant will be notified via the email address provided on the online application.
Once the Rwanda e-visa for Kenya visa is approved, a copy of the e-visa is sent via email. Although the electronic visa for Rwanda is electronically linked to the applicant's passport, it is still recommended to print copies of the visa for presentation to immigration officers upon entry into Rwanda.
4. Rwanda e-visa fee for Kenyan citizens:
The online e-visa system is the simplest and fastest way for Kenyans to obtain a travel permit for Rwanda for tourism purposes.
To obtain a visa to Rwanda from Kenya, applicants have to pay two kinds of Rwanda visa fees, including the Government fees and Service fee.
The Government fee is the amount you must pay to the Rwanda Immigration Department in order for them to issue you a visa. This is the mandatory fee for applicants wishing to apply for a Rwanda e-visa.
The service fee is determined by the number of people covered by your application and the urgency with which you require the visa.
In total, there are 03 options with different processing times for you to choose from:
- Normal Service: this service type offers you a standardized processing time that you will get your e-visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent Service: you will have a higher state of service when choosing this type. As a result, you can expect to receive your e-visa in 48 hours.
- Super urgent Service: this e-visa is the highest priority type that can help you get your e-visa within 24 hours.
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda
Rwanda Visa Requirements for Kenya Citizens FAQs
Yes. Every individual traveling from Kenya to Rwanda is required to have a valid passport. A passport is an essential travel document that serves as proof of your identity and citizenship. Upon crossing the border, immigration authorities will demand the presentation of your passport for examination and endorsement. Your Kenya passport is valid for at least 6 months from the issued date and has at least 2 blank pages for stamping. Ensuring that you have a valid passport and adhere to the required travel regulations will greatly facilitate a seamless and trouble-free trip from Kenya to Rwanda.
Moreover, it is recommended to check Rwanda visa requirements and entry limitations applicable to individuals of your nationality, as these conditions may differ. To acquire a visa for Rwanda as a Kenyan citizen, the subsequent documents are necessary:
- Have a Kenya passport with a validity of at least 6 months on the intended date of entry.
- Confirm the Kenya passport includes at least 2 blank pages available for entry and exit stamps.
- You should keep a copy of the information page on your passport visible.
- An email address is also required to obtain an e-visa for Rwanda.
- Digital photograph: applicants must provide a digital passport-size picture.
Once approved, the Rwanda e-visa for Kenya citizens is sent to the applicant’s email address. They should print the e-visa to present to Rwanda Immigration officials when traveling from Kenya to Rwanda.
When embarking on a journey from Kenya to Rwanda, there are several important considerations and requirements to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience.
First and foremost, having a Kenya-valid passport is an absolute necessity. Your passport acts as a crucial travel document that serves as proof of your identity and citizenship. It is vital to verify that your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your intended stay in Rwanda. Additionally, ensure that your passport has at least 2 blank pages for immigration stamps.
Depending on your nationality, you may also need to obtain a visa for Rwanda. You should proactively check visa requirements and the application process through the Rwanda Immigration Service prior to departure. Make sure you possess all the required documents, including completed visa application forms, photographs, and any supporting materials, and allocate sufficient time for the processing of your application.
Moreover, Travel Insurance is another crucial aspect to consider. While not mandatory, having travel insurance provides an extra layer of protection and peace of mind. It can cover unexpected expenses such as medical emergencies, trip cancellations, or lost luggage. Before purchasing a policy, carefully review the coverage details and ensure it meets your specific needs.
When planning a trip from Kenya to Rwanda, it is essential to consider the visa requirements for your journey. Kenya citizens are required to apply for a Rwanda visa since this country is not exempt from Rwanda's visa requirements.
The process for obtaining a Rwanda visa is relatively straightforward. Kenya citizens can apply for a Rwanda visa through the online platform provided by the Rwanda Immigration Services. It is advisable to begin the visa application process well in advance of your travel dates to allow ample time for processing.
When it comes to processing time, we provide three options for you to select. Here are your choices:
- Normal: We will process your application within three business days
- Urgent: It is advantageous for you because it takes only 2 business days to process and receive your e-Visa.
- Super urgent: This option is ideal for emergency situations where you need the e-Visa as soon as possible. The e-Visa is processed within 1 business day
When applying for a Rwanda visa, you will be required to provide certain documents, including a valid passport with a minimum validity of six months beyond your intended stay in Rwanda, a completed visa application form, a recent passport-sized photograph, and proof of accommodation or an invitation letter if applicable. Additionally, you may need to provide evidence of your travel itinerary, proof of sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your stay, and a yellow fever vaccination certificate. It is important to thoroughly review the specific visa requirements and guidelines provided by the Rwanda Immigration Services to ensure that you submit a complete and accurate application.
By fulfilling the necessary visa requirements and submitting a successful application, you can enjoy a seamless and memorable journey from Kenya to Rwanda.
For people who enjoy journeys and adventures, Rwanda is a fantastic destination. The country is blessed with beautiful landscapes and a wide variety of animals. More than 200 countries, including Kenya, are eligible to apply for an e-visa through the Rwanda e-visa online system, which was launched in 2018. Kenyans can go to Rwanda for leisure, business, conferences, or transit because of this system.
The online platform for Rwanda's immigration services offers Kenya the simplest, smoothest system to provide the greatest experiences ever. As a result, tourists can obtain their own e-visa using technological devices and a reliable internet connection in just a few minutes. Following the application, the e-visa will be processed and sent to your email account. Please frequently check your email to obtain updates and e-visas.
Kenyan residents can easily obtain their Rwanda e-visa by following the 3 easy steps below:
Step 1: Complete the application by providing your name and passport information.
Step 2: Select a payment option, double-check your information to be sure it is correct, and then submit your payment.
Step 3: Get your Rwanda e-visa using the email you provided to us, then get ready to get your stamping at the border control.
The price of an e-visa for Rwanda for Kenyans varies according to the type and duration of the application process. If Kenyans want to save money, this is the best way to obtain an electronic visa because they are frequently less expensive than traditional visas that are given by embassies.
Rwanda Immigration Services offers three options for fees based on processing time:
- Normal: The process will take 3 business days to obtain an e-visa.
- Urgent: For Kenyans who want to get an e-visa within 2 business days. The price may be higher than the normal option.
- Super urgent: The e-visa will be processed in about 24 hours. Although this is the most expensive price, it is worthwhile for people who are in an emergency.
To apply for a visa to Rwanda from Kenya, applicants must pay two types of visa costs, referred to as the service fee and the government fee. Normally, we'll charge 69 dollars for one application. Depending on the type of e-visa, the government fees range from 90 to 150 dollars for each application. The government fee is not refundable if Kenyans' applications are denied, which is an obvious fact.
The types of Rwandan e-visas they receive will determine how long Kenyan citizens can stay in Rwanda. Most travelers from Kenya want to stay in Rwanda for a longer period of time, however, the Rwanda e-visa only allows short-term visits for Kenyan citizens.
Travelers from Kenya can apply for an e-visa using the quickest and most easy digital connection provided by Rwanda Immigration Services. Kenyans can apply for one of the following four basic types of Rwanda e-visas:
- Tourist e-visa: Has a three-month validity period and permits visitors to stay in Rwanda for a total of 30 days in order to visit family or friends, take in the landscape, and discover Rwanda's mysterious beauty.
- Conference e-visa: Has a 90-day validity period and allows visitors from Kenya to stay for 30 days in order to do business (such as buying, negotiating, etc.) or attend a conference or meeting.
- Transit e-visa: is valid for 03 months, although Kenyan citizens are only permitted a 03 days stay in Rwanda. This type of visa is for visitors who just need to visit Rwanda for a little while before traveling on to another country.
- East Africa e-visa: It's valid for 3 months and allows Kenyan people to visit Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda without requesting an e-visa for each nation for 90 days.