Rwanda visa requirements for Irish Citizens
Before you plan a trip to Rwanda, make absolutely sure you have everything that you need. The country remains one of the best East African destinations in the world thanks to its unique beauty and playful tourism activity, delectable food, diverse culture, and friendly people. If Irish citizens are planning a trip to Rwanda, they will require a Rwanda visa for Irish citizens, and we can assist you in obtaining it. Irish travelers can now apply online and have the process completed in less than 15 minutes!
1. Are Irish citizens required to have a visa to enter Rwanda?
Yes, Irish citizens must get a visa for Rwanda to be let into the country. According to Rwanda's visa policy, the majority of foreign visitors require some form of travel authorization, such as an electronic visa, regular visa, in order to enter the country. This policy includes citizens of Ireland
Travelers from Ireland, on the other hand, will be relieved to learn that they are eligible for a Rwanda e-visa for Irish citizens. The application process for a Rwanda e-visa is simple: travelers simply fill out the online application, answer a few questions, and pay the processing fee.
Tourists from Ireland must apply for their Rwanda visa in advance to use the application form online save the time and also have a smoother immigration experience.
2. Rwanda e-visa for Irish citizens
Irish citizens who wish to travel to Rwanda must first obtain a travel permit.
Fortunately, the Rwanda e-visa, which has been introduced in 2018, has simplified the process of obtaining an electronic visa to enter Rwanda. This electronic visa is intended for tourism, is available online, and is valid for stays of up to 30 days.
To visit Rwanda for other purposes such as for business, or to work or study, or for longer consecutive periods, it will be necessary to apply for a visa from a Rwanda embassy in Ireland for more information
Types of Rwanda Visa for Irish citizens:
Rwanda e-visa is the way of getting a Rwanda visa online. There are 4 main types of Rwanda e-visas for Irish citizens traveling to Rwanda:
- Rwanda tourist e-Visa: This visa type allows you to enter Rwanda for tourism and other related purposes. You can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival with this type of e-visa.
- Rwanda Conference e-Visa: You can use this type of e-visa to enter Rwanda to participate in a conference hosted inside this country. Upon arrival in Rwanda, you can stay for up to 30 days with this type of e-visa.
- East Africa e-Visa: This is the combination type of e-visa that gives you an allowance to visit 03 countries in total: Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda. With this type of e-visa, travelers from Ireland can stay in those countries for up to 90 days from the date of their arrival at the starting entry point in Rwanda.
- Rwanda transit e-Visa: Irish citizens are required to transit through Rwanda ports in order to reach their original destination, which is not Rwanda, and require a transit visa. It is a single-use visa that can help you stay in Rwanda for 03 days.
3. Rwanda visa requirements for Irish citizens:
If you are planning on applying for an electronic visa, it is recommended you read the Rwanda visa requirements for Irish citizens before you begin your application to ensure you follow the guidelines and local regulations.
The government of Rwanda requires Irish citizens to confirm they meet the following conditions of the Rwanda e-visa:
- An Irish passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the date of your arrival.
- A photograph of yourself in any version.
- A frequently used email address to receive your result.
Citizens of Ireland whose passports are due to expire within six months of arrival should renew them as soon as possible. They should also make certain that they apply for the Rwanda e-Visa using the same passport they will use to travel.
This is especially true for Irish citizens who have dual nationality with another country. The e-visa is a one-of-a-kind electronic visa that can only be used with a single passport.
Once all of these requirements have been met, Irish nationals can proceed to the next step, which is to apply for a Rwanda electronic visa.
4. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Ireland
Applying for a Rwanda e-visa as an Irish national is straightforward and simple. Applicants can obtain the Rwanda tourist visa online in 3 steps
See more detail about how to apply for a Rwanda e visa
Rwanda e-visa processing is quick, and most Irish citizens receive their approved visa via email within 03 business days.
The e-visa to enter Rwanda will automatically be linked to the Ireland holder’s passport. Travelers from Ireland must remember to bring the same passport they used to file their petition. We recommend that those who print a copy of their approval email before departing.
5. Rwanda e-visa fee for Irish citizens and payment method:
In order to complete your application process, you will pay 02 kinds of Rwanda e-visa fees: the government and the service fee. In addition, you can add a small fee for COVID-19 and health insurance to keep your benefits when traveling overseas.
For the government fee, you are required to pay this fee because your country of origins, Ireland, is currently not on the exemption list of Rwanda.
For the service fee, it is up to the type of service you choose. There are 03 options for you to choose from, depending on your situation:
- Normal: you will receive your e-visa result within 03 business days if you choose this type of service.
- Urgent: with this type of service, you can receive your e-visa within 48 hours because this is a higher state of service than normal-type.
- Super urgent: the highest priority service that gives you a chance to get your e-visa within just 24 hours.
Payment method: to complete your payment, you can use 02 ways to make it done: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal) and wire transfer to the Bank of Cyprus
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda