Check Rwanda visa requirements for Dutch citizens
Travelers from the Netherlands are among the top travelers that enter Rwanda every year and are eligible to obtain this online visa. If you are a Dutch citizen planning to visit Rwanda, then you need to apply for a Rwanda visa for Dutch citizens. Fortunately, the process of obtaining permission to enter Rwanda has been simplified by the introduction of the Rwanda e-visa, which was introduced in 2018.
To successfully apply for a Rwanda e-visa, you should follow the Rwanda e-visa requirements for Dutch citizens.
1. Rwanda e-visa for Dutch citizens.
The Rwanda e-visa for Dutch citizens is an online visa, introduced in 2018, which allows eligible citizens to travel to Rwanda for a short stay for tourism purposes.
The Rwandan government implemented the Rwanda e-visa application to streamline the visa application process for a Rwanda tourist visa, eliminating the need to apply at the embassy or consulate.
The Rwanda electronic visa is valid for 03 months from the arrival date. Dutch citizens can apply for a Rwanda visa online, which takes only a few minutes to complete. To receive an approved e-visa Rwanda via email, applicants must fill out personal and passport information, travel details, and answer some security questions.
Travelers from the Netherlands visiting Rwanda for reasons other than tourism or visiting family should enquire at Rwanda embassy in the Netherlands
Types of Rwanda visas for Dutch citizens:
There are 4 main types of Rwanda visas for foreign visitors:
- Rwanda Tourist e-visa: Dutch visitors with a Rwanda tourist e-visa can enter Rwanda once and stay in the country for up to 30 days.
- Rwanda Conference e-visa: This travel document is available if you would like to attend or speak at a conference, meeting, or seminar in Rwanda. The Rwanda Conference E-Visa allows a duration of stay within 30 days with a Single Entry into Rwanda.
- Rwanda Transit e-visa: A person transiting through Rwanda and having a short trip for a period not exceeding 72 hours can apply for this type of visa. The validity of the Transit e-visa is 03 months from the date of arrival in Rwanda.
- East Africa e-visa: An East Africa Tourist Visa is a joint tourist visa issued to Dutch tourists visiting Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda simultaneously. The total duration of stay for this type of e-visa is up to 90 days from the entry date with multiple entries between the 03 countries.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Dutch citizens:
Before applying for a Rwanda visa, we recommend you read through the Rwanda visa requirements for Dutch citizens.
Dutch travelers need just a few documents to get a visa for Rwanda:
- Your Dutch passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Rwanda.
- A recently taken digital photo – Applicants must provide a digital photo with a clear face and background.
- A digital copy of their Dutch passport's biographical page.
- A working email address for receiving notifications and the e-visa approval
Dutch applicants should be aware of the requirement for passport validity. From the day you arrive in Rwanda, your passport must be valid for at least 06 months. If this condition is not met, we recommend that you submit it for renewal as soon as possible before requesting the Rwanda e-visa.
When applying for an e-visa, you should add an email address you frequently use, as all communications, including e-visa issuance, will take place online.
Once granted, the Rwanda e-visa will be electronically linked to the applicant's passport, which must be used to enter Rwanda. You must arrive in Rwanda with the same passport you used to apply for their e-visa.
Once all of these requirements are met, Dutch citizens can apply for a Rwanda visa online
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa from the Netherlands:
To obtain a Rwanda e-visa for Dutch citizens, you must complete an online application form. It is quick and simple to complete, and once approved, you can use it to enter the dedicated fast lane when you arrive in Rwanda.
When applying for a Rwanda electronic visa, Dutch nationals must complete three simple steps:
- Step 1: Complete the Rwanda e-visa application form. In this step, you need to provide some information relating to visa details and personal information, including:
- Type of Visa
- Transportation Method
- Port of arrival
- Processing Time
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Step 2: Pay the Rwandan e-visa fee by your credit card or debit card, Visa, American Express, Master Card or wire transfer to our HSBC bank account
- Step 3: Download the Rwanda e-Visa and print it out.
As a Dutch citizen, you should fill out the Rwanda e-visa application form and submit it for approval before embarking on your trip to Rwanda.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
How will I receive my Rwanda e-visa for Dutch citizens?
With Global Immigration Service Limited, your application form will typically be processed in a maximum of three business days. Depending on the type of visa service you choose, you can expect to receive your e-visa sooner. You can choose one of 03 processing times for your e-visa that is the most convenient for you:
- Normal: You can receive your e-visa within 03 business days
- Urgent: With this type of service, you can expect to receive your e-visa within 48 hours.
- Super Urgent: If you pay the premium fee, you will obtain your e-visa within 24 hours.
The Rwanda e-visa for Dutch citizens will be emailed to the address provided on your application form once it has been approved. Travelers from the Netherlands must print a copy of their Rwanda e-visa to bring with them on their trip to Rwanda. On arrival, you must present it to border officials, who will stamp it and make it part of your approved Rwanda visa. You will also be required to present the passport that you used to apply for your Rwanda e-visa.
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda