Check Rwanda visa requirements for Greenlanders
Rwanda is the undulating and lush "land of a thousand hills," and a country that exudes hope and renewal in the aftermath of its turbulent past. Two decades after the genocide, Rwanda has become Africa's comeback kid, with efforts to clean the streets, embrace peace, and encourage prosperity proving extremely successful, elevating the land back to its rightful place of revered natural beauty. Here's our guide to the most beautiful travel destinations in Rwanda, including breathtaking vistas, stunning wildlife, and lush greenery at every turn.
Most tourists, including those from Greenland, require a valid visa to travel to Rwanda. Many travelers use the Rwanda online visa service. The process of applying for a Rwanda visa for Greenlander citizens is quick and simple.
This page explains the Rwanda visa requirements for Greenlander citizens, and how to apply for the correct visa.
1. Rwanda e-visa for Greenlander citizens:
Passengers traveling on a passport issued by Greenland must have a valid visa for Rwanda. The quickest and most convenient way to get a Rwanda tourist visa for Greenlander citizens is to apply online for the e-Visa.
Any Greenlander passport holder traveling to Rwanda for tourism can follow the Rwandan e-Visa requirements for Greenlander citizens and submit an application online. It has never been easier or faster to apply for a Rwandan visa from Greenland thanks to this new electronic visa system.
The Rwanda e-Visa for Greenlander citizens grants entry to Rwanda for Greenlanders for purposes of tourism, leisure, and visiting family in the country. It is also possible to obtain a Rwanda e-Visa for transit purposes.
The Rwanda e-Visa is a travel document authorization that allows around 148 different nationalities to enter the country. This visa is a single entry and valid for a total of 30 days.
Greenlander citizens are encouraged to use the e-Visa system as it is the fastest and most convenient way to apply for a visa. Greenlander passport holders who apply for a Rwanda e-Visa do not need to attend an interview at the embassy or wait in line for a visa on arrival at the airport. Instead, the application is only available online. Greenlanders complete the form on their smartphone or computer and are emailed the approved Rwanda e-Visa.
Greenlanders who wish to visit Rwanda for purposes other than tourism are advised to arrange a visit to the embassy of Rwanda in Greenland for more information.
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: You can, however, stay for more than a few days if you wish. You cannot work or study with the Tourist E-Visa, but you can relax, visit people you know in Rwanda, and do as much sightseeing as you can in 30 days. Tourist E-Visas allow Greenlander citizens to enter Rwanda only once, within 30 days of arrival.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: If you only need a few days in Rwanda before continuing on to your next destination, or if you have a long layover in Rwanda, the Transit E-Visa is for you. Andorrans can stay in Rwanda for up to three days with this E-Visa. Remember that you will not be able to leave the airport unless you have a visa. If you have a connecting flight in Rwanda and expect a long layover, using a Transit E-Visa to explore the country is a great way to pass the time.
- Rwanda Conference e-visa: Has a maximum validity period of 30 days per entry and allows only one entry into Rwanda. Business meetings, conferences, etc., are allowed with this visa.
- East Africa e-visa: This is the E-Visa to get if you want to really explore East Africa. The East Africa E-Visa allows you to visit Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya as many times as you want during your 90-day stay.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Greenlander citizens:
Rwanda, like many other countries, has a few basic Rwanda visa requirements for Greenlander citizens that must be met in order to obtain an e-Visa. Greenlander citizens will need to provide certain documents and information when applying for a Rwandan tourist e-Visa online.
The documentation required to apply for a Rwanda e-Visa as a Greenlander citizen is as follows:
- A Greenlander passport that is valid for at least six months from the intended date of entry into Rwanda.
- A digital copy of the passport's main information page will be uploaded after the application is submitted.
- Passports must have two blank pages for immigration to stamp when entering and leaving.
- In order to communicate the final decision regarding the application, we will need a valid email address
- Proof of accommodation.
- Negative COVID-19 test results.
- The digital photograph that meets Rwanda visa photo requirements
To be able to obtain a visa online, you must meet all the requirements listed above. If one or more of these requirements are not met, Greenlanders can still apply for a tourist visa in person at a Rwandan diplomatic mission.
Greenlander citizens should use the passport they intend to use to travel to Rwanda on the application. If your passport is about to expire, it is best to renew it before applying for an e-Visa.
Nationals with dual citizenship must also apply using the passport they intend to travel with.
3. How to get a Rwanda e-visa for Greenlander citizens:
Greenlander citizens can get a visa for Rwanda from Greenland online in 3 steps:
Step 1: Fill out the Rwanda eVisa form
Step 2: Pay the Rwanda processing fee
Step 3: Download and print out the Rwanda e-visa
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
It can be done from the comfort of the applicant’s home or office 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Greenlander's applicants must access the Rwanda e-Visa application form online and provide a variety of personal, passport, and trip details, including:
- Full name, exactly as it is written in the passport
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Country of nationality
- Passport number
- Date of arrival and departure in Rwanda
Applicants are advised to double-check all details before paying the fees and submitting the request. Mistakes or missing information could cause travel delays and disrupt plans.
The regular processing time for the Rwanda e-visa for Greenlander citizens is one to three business days. However, Greenlanders may select the priority service to receive their e-Visa in just one hour.
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for Greenlander citizens
Rwanda visa fees for Greenlander citizens depend on the type of visa required and the processing times. Electronic visas are typically less expensive than embassy-issued visas. Greenlander citizens pay their Rwanda e-Visa fees securely online using a debit or credit card. Fees for visas on arrival must be paid in cash. When applying for a Rwanda visa online, travelers should check the most recent visa fees and accepted payment methods.
Rwanda Immigration Services offers three processing options for you to choose according to your needs:
- Normal: The majority of applicants choose this option because it is the least expensive and the processing time is not too long. Within three business days, your application will be processed
- Urgent: The second available option is slightly more expensive than the first. Your Rwanda e-visa will be ready in two business days.
- Super urgent: For a premium fee, your visa will be yours as soon as possible. Your application will be reviewed and processed within one business day.