Check Rwanda Visa Requirements For Sri Lankan Citizens
When the arrival date approaches, it's natural to have some questions about planning a trip. Among these questions could be which countries require a visa to enter. Many countries do not require Sri Lankan citizens to have a visa, but Rwanda is an exception because the Rwanda Government requires them to have at least an e-visa. In other words, if you are a Sri Lankan, you will need a visa to enter Rwanda, but you can apply for an e-Visa to make the process easier and less complicated.
Keep in mind that a Rwanda e-Visa, also known as an electronic visa, allows you to stay in the country for a total of 30 days. This article will provide you with more information about the Rwanda e-visa for Sri Lankan citizens, beginning with some frequently asked questions by travelers.
Rwanda e-visa for Sri Lankan citizens
1. Rwanda visa for Sri Lankan citizens
To make it easier for foreign tourists to obtain a valid travel document, the Rwandan government launched an online visa application. Sri Lankans are among the top visitors to Rwanda each year and are eligible for the e-Visa.
An online form is available for obtaining an electronic visa for Rwanda. Sri Lankan passport holders do not need to visit an embassy or consular office to submit their requests.
The entire procedure takes between 20 and 30 minutes to complete and can be done on any electronic device (PC, laptop, or mobile phone).
The Rwanda electronic visa is a government-issued document that allows visitors to enter and travel within Rwanda.
Visas are classified into four types. One for tourism, known as the Tourist e-visa, and one for the conference, known as the Conference e-visa, transit e-visa, and East Africa e-visa. The Tourist e-visa is the most popular among Sri Lankans.
Rwanda e-Visa is a single-entry visa that allows a 30-day stay in the country and stays valid for 03 months from the date of arrival.
Types of Rwanda e-visa for Sri Lankan citizens
Sri Lankan nationals can choose among different types of Rwanda e-visas to suit their travel needs. The Rwandan visa policy details the following:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa - This travel authorization allows Sri Lankan tourists to visit Rwanda for leisure and relaxation. They are only permitted to stay for a maximum of 30 days per stay.
- Rwanda transit e-visa - Sri Lankan travelers who have a stopover in Rwanda en route to a third destination can apply for a transit e-visa. It allows Sri Lankan travelers to stay in Rwanda for three days and allows only one entry.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: has a maximum validity of 03 months and allows a Single Entry to Rwanda. You can obtain the Rwanda Conference E-Visa as a Sri Lankan citizen, which enables you to stay in the country for 30 days. This electronic visa is granted to those who attend or speak at a conference, meeting, or seminar in Rwanda.
- East Africa e-visa: The Republic of Rwanda launched its e-Visa program in June 2016. Before entering the country, an e-Visa must be obtained. All tourists planning to visit the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, or the Republic of Uganda are eligible to apply for the visa. An East Africa Tourist Visa is valid for 90 days with multiple entries within the three countries.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens:
Rwanda e-visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens
Rwanda Immigration Services strives to make the online application process for obtaining an e-Visa as simple as possible. That is why the Rwanda e-visa for Sri Lankan citizens is not an exception this time. However, you should be aware that certain documents are required to make the online procedure work. These are the documents:
- Passport - This is the most important document you'll need if you're traveling abroad. If you already have it, make sure it is valid for at least 6 months after your departure date.
- The passport has at least 2 blank pages
- A recent passport photo — Please submit a scanned copy of your passport.
- Your digital photo - It is critical that it was taken within the last six months.
- E-mail address - you will receive your e-visa in PDF format via e-mail. You should print it and present it to the Rwandan immigration office. Check your spelling before submitting your request.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Sri Lanka:
You may begin the application process as soon as you have completed all of the prerequisites. The form is simple to fill out, but if you need assistance, there is a 24-hour support service for Sri Lankan citizens. Simply call them, and someone will assist you in comprehending what is in front of you.
To finish the form, you must complete three simple steps:
- The first involves filling out a form with your personal information such as full name, address, e-mail, date of birth, passport information, and so on. You must also select the processing time and visa type during this step.
- Once you've completed these, you can move on to the second stage of the Sri Lankan citizen application, which includes revision and payment. Check that all of the information you entered is correct, as well as the spelling. After processing, the fee is non-refundable, and no changes can be made.
- Finally, wait for the result. You can receive your Rwanda electronic visa in a maximum of three business days.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
The Rwanda e-visa application form must be completed entirely online. Applicants will be asked questions about their personal information, passport data, and contact information when filling out the form, including the following:
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Date of arrival and departure in Rwanda
Rwandan authorities usually issue a resolution within 3 business days of receiving the application form from Sri Lanka. If the form is correctly completed, Sri Lankan citizens will receive an approved e-Visa in their email, which should then be printed out before your departure.
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for Sri Lankan citizens:
Rwanda e-visa fees for Sri Lankan citizens
One of the most common concerns about electronic visas is the Rwanda e-visa fees for Sri Lankan citizens. When it comes to processing time, applicants have three options with Rwanda Immigration Services, which also determines the price. The three options are as follows:
- Normal: This is an excellent choice for those of you who have a few extra days (3 days) before your trip to Rwanda. You can apply early to save money on a standard procedure.
- Rush processing: This option will have your visa ready in two days but at a slightly higher cost.
- Super urgent: For a reasonable fee, you can obtain a Rwanda visa for Sri Lankan citizens in as little as 24 hours in an emergency.
To apply for a Rwanda visa online from Sri Lanka, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa fees, which are called Service fees and Government fees.
Besides, Rwanda Immigration Services also provide service packages to help customers have a great trip and ensure safety, such as Rwanda travel insurance and travel sim in Rwanda.