Rwanda Visa Requirements for Romanian Citizens 2024
The Rwandan government decided to allow the release of e-visas for over 200 countries. Romania is on that list, which means that its citizens do not need to rely on a Rwanda diplomatic mission to obtain a visa before visiting Rwanda. If this is the case, you can benefit from the convenience of obtaining a Rwanda electronic visa. Furthermore, if you want to make things even simpler, you can apply online at Rwanda Immigration Services which offers visa expediting services as well as excellent customer support.
This article explains the Rwanda e-visa requirements for Romanian citizens and other important information about traveling to Rwanda from Romania.
Rwanda e-visa for Romanian citizens
1. Rwanda e-visa for Romanian citizens:
Romanian passport holders can apply for a Rwanda e-visa. This is quick and simple to accomplish online.
Romanians visiting Rwanda for the following reasons must obtain a Rwanda visa online:
- Transit to another destination
The Rwanda e-visa is an electronic travel authorization that allows foreign nationals to enter the country. It was introduced in 2018 and is open to visitors from over 200 countries, including those from Romania.
To obtain a Rwanda e-visa for Romanian citizens, fill out an online form with your personal and passport information.
Once you've completed this correctly and paid the processing fee, you'll receive the approved electronic visa via email within 03 business days.
The Rwanda visa is valid for 03 months from the arrival date, allowing you to stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days with a single entry.
Type of Rwanda e-visas:
- Rwanda tourist e-visa: can only be used to visit Rwanda for leisure and recreation purposes. A tourist visa does not allow you to work or look for work. All Romanians require a visa for Rwanda, which should be obtained well in advance of the intended travel date. The validity period of your visa is for 03 months. With this type of visa, you can stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days from the entry date.
- Rwanda conference e-visa: serves as a 30-day single-entry permit; however, it is issued for all business purposes, such as attending business meetings, conferences, or negotiating a contract.
- Rwanda transit e-visa: If you do not intend to stay in Rwanda for an extended period of time, the Transit e-Visa is an excellent choice. People can visit Rwanda for 03 days before their next flight with this e-Visa. Get the Transit e-Visa if you have a long layover.
- East African Online Visa: This visa is intended for all visitors who wish to visit Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda on a trip. It allows for multiple entries between these three countries. With this visa, you can remain there for up to 90 days in total.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Romanian citizens:
Rwanda e-visa requirements for Romanian citizens
Every Romanian citizen must have a current passport. Furthermore, the passport must be valid for at least 06 months after the date of arrival in Rwanda. Every application must include certain additional documents. The following documents are required:
- A digital passport scan of the applicant (bio-data page scan)
- An applicant's digital photograph (it can be simply a mobile phone or PC camera photo) was taken recently.
- Because this will be your point of contact with Rwanda Immigration Services, you should have an active and accessible email address.
After receiving the visa, Romanian applicants must print a hard copy and present it to the border official at the Rwandan port of entry, along with their passports.
In addition, you must have at least two blank pages in your Romanian passport. This is done so that immigration can stamp your passport when you enter and exit the country.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Romania:
Applicants must use the Internet to access the Rwanda online e-visa website in order to apply for a Rwanda e-Visa.
The e-Visa application form will request biographical information as well as passport information from the applicant. In order for the application to be processed, applicants must also provide a valid email address and debit/credit card information.
Applicants should be aware that there is a processing fee for applying for a Rwanda visa online , which will be deducted using electronic payment methods (credit/debit card, PayPal, American Express, and Visa) or wire transfer to the Bank of Cyprus.
Travelers should keep in mind that it is critical to fill out the application as completely as possible. If there is a discrepancy between the information on the form and the information on the applicant's travel documents, the application may be rejected. The information on the form cannot be changed or updated once the application has been submitted. As a result, travelers must make every effort to complete the application correctly.
After submitting the e-Visa application, the applicant can expect a status update or notification within 03 business days. Weekends and holidays in Rwanda may cause the update or notification to be delayed.
If the applicant's e-visa application is approved by Rwanda authorities, their e-visa will be sent to them via email. Tourists must save a copy of their e-visa on their mobile phone/handheld device and bring a printed copy to Rwanda. The e-visa must be presented to Rwanda Immigration and Border officials at the Rwanda airport/port of entry, along with the rest of the travel documents.
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
4. Rwanda e-visa fees for Romanian citizens:
Rwanda visa fees for Romanian citizens
Romani citizens who are planning a trip to Rwanda are frequently concerned about visa costs and processing times. In this case, you do not need to be concerned if you wish to obtain an e-visa. Rwanda Immigration Services offers quick service at a low cost.
The processing option you choose during the application process determines the cost of your e-Visa. You can select one of the following:
- Normal: People who apply online frequently choose this option because it is the cheapest. Your application will be reviewed in 03 days.
- Urgent: This option cuts the previous processing time in half to 02 days. However, the price is slightly higher.
- Super urgent: This is the quickest option available. Your application will be processed within one business day. It is ideal for people who need their visas quickly.
To apply for a Rwanda visa online, Romanian travelers have to pay two (02) kinds of Rwanda Visa Fee, which are Service fees and Government fees.
Besides, we also provide other service packages such as Rwanda travel insurance , Rwanda travel sim, and car pick-up service in Rwanda.