Rwanda visa requirements for Austrian citizens
Rwanda's Directorate of Immigration and Emigration implemented an electronic visa program to simplify its visa scheme, helping visa applicants save a lot of time and costs.
The Rwanda e-Visa is available to visitors from over 200 countries, including Austrian citizens.
Austrians who want to visit Rwanda can use the country's e-Visa program by filling out an online application form. The entire process can be completed from the comfort of one's own home, eliminating the need for an in-person appointment at the Embassy or months of waiting for approval.
Keep reading this article to learn more about Rwanda e visa requirements for Austrian citizens and how to apply for a visa online.
1. Rwanda e-visa for Austrian citizens:
The Rwanda e visa (Rwanda electronic visa) is a type of online visa waiver that allows Austrian citizens to visit the country.
The Rwandan e visa was launched in 2018, removing the need to visit the Embassy authorization for tourist, transit, and business travel.
Rwanda e-visa for Austrian citizens is a single-entry visa authorization that is valid for 03 months from the arrival date. Moreover, the Rwanda e-Visa application process takes only a few minutes and there are a few documents required.
Austrian citizens planning to study, work, volunteer, seek medical treatment, or permanently relocate to Rwanda must apply for a visa in advance. This can be done by visiting the Rwandan embassy in Austria
Types of visas in Rwanda:
Rwanda's visa policy provides different visa options to international visitors. Rwanda e-Visas are available to Austrian citizens in the following categories:
- Rwanda e-Tourist Visa: This visa is used to enter Rwanda for tourism, sightseeing, visiting relatives/friends purposes. Austrians can enter Rwanda once and stay there for 30 days from the day they arrive in the country.
- Rwanda conference Visa: This visa is an electronic visa that allows Austrian citizens to enter Rwanda to attend a conference, meeting, or seminar. This single-entry visa permits the staying time in Rwanda for up to 30 days from the arrival date.
- Rwanda transit Visa: This visa allows Austrian visitors to transit through the country en route to the next destination or have a short trip in Rwanda. With this type of visa, Austrians are allowed to stay there for a maximum of 03 days from the arrival date.
- East Africa Visa: Austrian citizens who wish to travel to East African countries like Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda simultaneously can apply for an East Africa visa. Travelers can use this visa for multiple entries between 03 countries, with a total staying time of up to 90 days.
2. Rwanda e visa requirements for Austrian citizens:
All Austrian citizens are required to meet the e-Visa requirements for Rwanda before they can get started on the visa application process. The mandatory visa requirements for Austrian citizens are as follows:
- A valid Austrian passport that will not expire for at least 6 months after arriving in Rwanda, with a minimum of 02 unused pages for verification stamps.
- A digital copy of the passport’s biographical page.
- A digital photo in JPEG or PNG format: For the visa application, the applicant must provide a recently taken photo (passport size). This photo should be taken in color against a white background. The applicant's photo should be taken within 6 months of submitting the visa application.
- Email address: The Austrian applicant must provide a valid email address when applying for a visa. The email will inform the travelers whether their visa application was successful or declined.
Austrian citizens planning to travel to Rwanda with an electronic visa should be aware that they may be required to show proof of sufficient funds to cover the duration of their stay.
When entering Rwanda, the passport registered in the Rwanda electronic visa application form must be presented.
If the passport used to apply is lost, stolen, damaged, or otherwise rendered invalid, a new electronic visa for Rwanda will be required, along with a new Austrian passport.
Once Austrian citizens are sure that they met all the Rwanda visa requirements for Austrian citizens, applicants can apply for a Rwanda e Visa.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa from Austria?
To begin applying for your Rwanda visa, Austrians must start an online application. Obtaining a Rwanda visa for Austrian citizens is a simple and straightforward process
Previously, travelers had to apply for a Rwanda visa in person at a local consulate or embassy. However, Austrian nationals are no longer required to apply for their Rwanda visa in person at the embassy. In fact, Austrian citizens can apply for their Rwanda visa online in under 30 minutes using their Austrian passport!
Austrian passport holders can get a visa for Rwanda from Austria online in 3 steps
Read more: How to apply for a Rwanda visa online
Visitors to Rwanda with children or family members should be aware that each individual in their group must complete their own application form.
After completing their application, Austrian travelers should double-check the form to ensure the information is correct and matches the information on their passports. Any errors, missing fields, or incorrect information may result in a delay or denial of the traveler's Rwanda e visa
How long does it take a Rwanda e-visa for Austrian citizens?
The Rwanda e visa is typically processed within a maximum of 03 business days in most cases.
Applicants are advised, however, to submit a Rwanda e visa application well in advance of their trip to allow for adequate processing time before departure.
Austrian citizens will receive their approved Rwanda e-Visa via the email address they provided when filling out the application form. The approved Rwanda e-Visa is electronically linked to the Austrian passport of the holder.
When entering Rwanda, it is recommended to bring a copy of the approved e-Visa, as the border officer may ask for it alongside the traveler's Austrian passport.
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda