Check Rwanda visa requirements for Sierra Leonean citizens
The Rwanda e-Visa for Sierra Leonean citizens is a digital visa that can be obtained online. It allows the holder to enter the country for a variety of short-term visits. Before traveling to the East African country, Sierra Leonean citizens must obtain an electronic visa for Rwanda by completing an application on the internet. This is a quick and easy process that only takes a few minutes.
Sierra Leonean citizens must meet certain requirements in order to apply for a Rwanda visa online.
This electronic visa for Rwanda allows Sierra Leonean citizens to visit the country for short tourist stays and is obtained via a simple online application. Learn how to apply online in just a few minutes by reading on.
1. Rwanda e-visa for Sierra Leonean citizens:
The Rwanda electronic visa for Sierra Leonean citizens is a travel authorization that allows eligible citizens to travel for short periods of time.
Nationals from around 100 countries must currently apply for a Rwanda e-Visa before visiting the country. One of these countries is Sierra Leone.
The Rwanda e-Visa is a single entry visa that allows you to stay in Rwanda for up to 30 days in a row. Once in Rwanda, e-Visa holders have the option to extend their stay for an additional 30 days. The Rwanda e-Visa for Sierra Leonean citizens is valid for three months from the date of arrival.
Tourism, leisure, and visiting family are all permitted with the Rwanda online visa. A Rwanda e-Visa can also be obtained for transit purposes.
Sierra Leoneans can apply online using the simple Rwanda e-visa application, which takes only a few minutes to fill out with personal and passport information. In order for the visa to be approved, you must also answer some questions about your health, security, and travel plans for your stay in Rwanda.
Sierra Leonean citizens who wish to visit Rwanda for purposes other than tourism are advised to arrange a visit to their local Rwandan embassy in Sierra Leone for more information.
Rwanda visa types for Sierra Leonean citizens:
The Rwandan visa policy offers Sierra Leoneans a variety of visa options based on their country of origin. Sierra Leoneans can choose between the following Rwanda e-Visa types:
- Rwanda e-Tourist Visa has a maximum validity of 30 days after arrival.
- Rwanda Conference Visa: Professionals from Sierra Leone can visit Rwanda for business meetings, conferences, and corporate events. Sierra Leoneans can use this visa for a single entry to Rwanda and stay there for 30 days.
- Rwanda transit visa: Sierra Leoneans passing through Rwanda on their way to another destination can apply for this travel authorization. With this e-Visa, travelers can stay in Rwanda for up to 72 hours.
- East Africa Visa: This visa allows travelers to enter Rwanda, Kenya and Uganda on the same visa. During the first three months after issuing the visa, you can enter your country multiple times and stay for up to 90 days at a time.
2. Rwanda e-visa requirements for Sierra Leonean citizens
Before submitting your Rwanda e-Visa application form, Sierra Leonean travelers visiting Rwanda should check the Rwanda visa requirements for Sierra Leonean citizens
Sierra Leonean passport holders will need the following documents and information to apply for a Rwanda electronic Visa:
- Sierra Leonean passport with an expiry date of at least 6 months from the date of application and 02 blank pages for arrival/exit stamps.
- Copy of the biographical page of the same passport.
- A valid email address. This is because the approved Rwanda e-Visa will be emailed to this address as a PDF attachment. You must print the eVisa and bring it with you to Rwanda once you have received it.
- Photograph – the photograph must be recent and taken against a white background.
It is also recommended that you carefully check your form before submitting it to avoid potential errors and, as a result, delays in processing your Rwanda eVisa. You will not be able to change your answers once they have been submitted.
Special requirements when traveling to Rwanda from Sierra Leone:
Sierra Leonean citizens must be treated with special care in the following situations:
- Dual citizenship: Travelers from Sierra Leone who have more than one nationality must make sure they have the correct passport (the same used during the application process)
- Sierra Leonean children: When traveling to Rwanda with minors, parents and/or legal guardians must ensure that they have an approved Rwanda e-Visa, regardless of whether they are listed on a parent or guardian's passport or have their own passport.
3. How to apply for a Rwanda visa online from Sierra Leone:
To obtain a Rwanda e-Visa for Sierra Leonean citizens, you must complete an online application form. It's quick and easy to fill out, and once approved, you'll be able to use it to enter the dedicated fast lane when you arrive in Rwanda.
Sierra Leonean citizens can apply for a Rwanda online visa in 3 simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill in the electronic visa form for Sierra Leonean citizens.
- Step 2: Pay the visa processing fee with a debit or credit card, Visa Card, Master Card, American Express, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account.
- Step 3: Download the Rwanda e-Visa and print it out.
Sierra Leoneans must wait for any relevant notifications and the approved e-Visa via email after completing all of these steps.
How will I receive my Rwanda e-visa for Sierra Leonean citizens?
We offer 03 options for the Rwanda processing time:
- Normal: This is the cheapest option if you have plenty of time to wait for their documents. You will receive your visa within 03 business days
- Urgent: Pay a higher fee, and our team will work on their travel request more quickly. You will receive your visa within 02 business days
- Super Urgent: If they pay the premium fee, the travel document will be delivered immediately. They will receive their visa within 01 business day.
Your application form can take longer during peak travel seasons, so Sierra Leoneans should allow at least 5 business days for processing.
Once your application has been approved, you will receive an email with your Rwanda e-Visa. Travelers from Sierra Leone must print a copy of their Rwanda e-Visa to bring with them on their trip to Rwanda. On arrival, you must present it to border officials, who will stamp it and make it part of your approved Rwanda visa
Besides, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a good trip to Rwanda such as Rwanda travel insurance, e-sim card in Rwanda, car pick-up services in Rwanda